Thread: aem bypass valve?

i was wondering if the bypass valve ristricts air flow on the cold air intake and also if i really need it for my car or i can do w/o it? :???:

I don't think it restrics airflow. it just ensures that you don't get liquid in your eNGINE, OF COURSE YOU CAN GO WITHOUT IT. Whoops... Sorry about the caps lock. Just watch out for them puddles...

thanks alot ...im getting it any way thoughbut i just didnt want to put it on and find out that its restricting air flow and im losin some power from it .thanks :grin:

Go to aem's website, they have a car dynoed and it proved that it didnt restrict airflow

Default Bypass valve?

how do u put it on the AEM CAI? Someone told me u had to cut the intake in the center because thats where its suppose to go....is that true?

Yes that's true. You actually have to make two cuts. You have to remove a section of the intake, if you don't the intake will be too long and not fit your car. Follow the instructions, its a lot easier than you think. My friend and I did mine in 45 min. I've had the bypass valve save my car a few times i'm sure (new england's weather changes at the blink of an eye)

2005 Subaru WRX STi in Platinum Silver Metallic
    1998 Acura Integra GSR (SOLD)

Thread Information