Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do I Buy

I just turned 17 and iv been using my parents car but i have about 11,000 dollars saved up what should i do with it or buy with it? :???:

I'm in the same boat! I have a 91 Jetta GL. I have about 13k right now but i'm looking to buy one of the following :

Eclipse GLX
    Integra GSR
    Celcia GT

be intresting to see what kinda of feed back you get

92-95 Civic Hatch and drop a b18c1 in it!

On 2002-03-28 22:38, 92CivicHatch wrote:
    92-95 Civic Hatch and drop a b18c1 in it!
    ... and then you still have a few grand left...

if you had 12 i would talk about selling mine :grin: :grin:

if it were me id buy either a civic hatch or a gsr or any integra for that fact (2 of my favorite cars) and start modifing it ...i wish i had that money saved ... :sad:

For 12k, I'd get a '90-up 300zx turbo. 280hp stock! You can get that thing to around 390-400 hp (flywheel of course) for around $2000. :eek:

Integra GSR all the way babe! :smile: :wink:

On 2002-03-28 22:09, ^epy wrote:
    I'm in the same boat! I have a 91 Jetta GL. I have about 13k right now but i'm looking to buy one of the following :

Eclipse GLX
    Integra GSR
    Celcia GT

be intresting to see what kinda of feed back you get
    Eclipse GLX?? I think you mean GSX.

Celica GT is better for turboing. If you more power out of the box get the GTS.

Integra GSR doesn't need anything mentioned. Everyone already knows they are badass.

I ment GSX but I was just thinking about Jettas and the GLX model came into my head when i wrote it down.

I don't like civic HATCHES no mater how nice they performce I can't stand a civic hatch. So to hate on them but I will never own one.

if you want to go fast just buy a motorcycle.

On 2002-03-30 16:07, ^epy wrote:
    I ment GSX but I was just thinking about Jettas and the GLX model came into my head when i wrote it down.

I don't like civic HATCHES no mater how nice they performce I can't stand a civic hatch. So to hate on them but I will never own one.
    That's an understandable opinion. It is kinda annoying seeing them every 5 seconds.

On 2002-03-29 00:38, Outsider GSR wrote:
    For 12k, I'd get a '90-up 300zx turbo. 280hp stock! You can get that thing to around 390-400 hp (flywheel of course) for around $2000. :eek:
    If you can find me a 90-up 300zx TURBO for 12 ill give you a thousand...

On 2002-03-30 19:26, Logan wrote:
    if you want to go fast just buy a motorcycle.
    its not the same as goign fast in a car. Its a cheaper thrill. Still fun as hell and i like bikes a lot but still isnt the same. Im sure other riders will agree.

But yeah you have a valid point, they are fast, just not the same...

you can very easily find a turbo 300 for 12,000. look around. i know someone with one that had a kaminari body kit nakayama exhaust, a stillen intake, and some kinda wheels wrapped with toyo proxes that he was sellin for like 10-11. but he not anymore. but do remember youre going to have to pay insurance for the car too. and i looked into it a bit and yeah the car is quick 15.0 stock (roughly) but its not worth the insurance. if you want to get a nissan get a newer 240 and drop an sr20det in it. then youll have a turbo and all and that with some basic mods will be one quick car.
    could have had a V-8...but why?

DON'T turbo a celica gts. too high compression..

...i'd DEFINATELY go with an EG hatch & an H22A or H23A1 swap..

..just my $.02

300 ZX would be fatty but the only ones that cheap are usually salvage titles. Civic HB with the B18C is the best for the money. Ever hear of going to college with your money :wink:

don't be a ricer

buy a 5.0L with heads, cam, intake and a blower

UH NO. You can find 300ZX for 5,000. There are multiple models and it's called a 2+2. It has a back seat and no twin turbo. The hardest to find are the convertables. Turbos haren't that hard just none that are under 130,000 miles. My friend is searcing for one and we found a lot, but they're either Auto or Turbo and he wants a 2+2.

On 2002-04-04 00:43, Adam wrote:
    don't be a ricer

buy a 5.0L with heads, cam, intake and a blower
    I gotta agree with him on this one. A 5.0 Mustang will smoke any import, be it Honda or Nissan 300ZX. I think it looks nice too and ur getting a good deal for ur dollar.

F-ix
    O-r
    R-epair
    D-aily

adam, why the hell are you on an import board calling people ricers for buying imports????

Becasue most people buy a commuter car (a civic, accord) or a wanna be sports car (prelude, celica, etc.) add an airfilter and a loud ass resonator and they thinnk they are the shit.

Most poeple here's goal is to go fast... what's easier making afast car fast or a slow car slightly faster..

If u got a 10s civic props to you... yo may be the hot shit after pissing away 20k into it... but then look at what you COULD have had if u actually bought a real sports car ( and V8, awd 4cyl turbos, some v6s) it really is no comparison.

some people don't like driving 3500 lb. snowplows. go to a ford furum.

Thread Information