Thread: coilovers & camber

If you get adjustable coilovers, how are you supposed to keep your camber correct all the time?

If you are gonna drop your car more than 2 inches, I would recommend getting a camber kit to keep your tires perpindicualr to the street. but if you arnt going to drop it that much, you should be all set

I have a 96 GSR dropped about 3 inches and the camber is hardly off. ON the other hand, I had a 92 GS dropped 3 inches and the camber was fucking horrible. It all depends on the kind of car, but more often than not, you will need a camber kit. At least for the front.

For the rear, you can do a homemad camber kit. Look into the wheel well. You will see to bolts holding a plate to the backside of the wheel well. Unbolt those two bolts, and then put washers behind each bolt to correct the rear camber. It should only need 1 or 2 washers. Anymore than that, and I would recommend a real camber kit.

Also keep in mind that if you adjust your coil-overs your camber will slightly change.
    My suggestion would be to buy a camber kit and have it adjusted after you set your coil-overs. After that try to keep your coil-overs within +- .5 in. of your original setting. :wink:

That's what I was wanting to know B20. I didn't get how your camber could be correct after constantly adjusting your height.
    blah

well here's what i did and i think most people do the same.

i bought coilovers/shocks/camber kit and had my car lowered to the height that i liked most. i dropped mine about 3 or 3 1/2 inches. i then had it lazer alligned so the shop could adjust my camber to fit my needs. it's that easy. most people don't adjust their coils unless they find out they lowered it too much or too little. and when you raise it or lower it a little bit like a couple millimeters, it's not going to affect your camber. the only reason a camber kit is needed is because of the extreme drop (1.5+inches). i heard on integras you can drop it up to 1.25 or 1.5 inches and not need a camber kit. just look at the inside or outside of your tread. if it's getting eaten then you need a camber kit or put more air in your tire...

My Bling-Bling'n TEG
    "life's like a shit sandwich, everyday is another bite"

Thread Information