Thread: Type R Conversion

I was thinking of converting to a JDM Type R body. Not because I want the car to look fast. Don't get me wrong. I am not a ricer. I don't even care for the Type R sticker. Anyways, the point is, (we all have our own opinions) I don't really like the headlights on the integra (USDM). If you get the conversion, you need new fenders, hood, headlights, grille, bumper. If you have seen the conversion, the front bumper is completely different from the USDM. The only problem is that I want to put a front bumper on my car for a body kit. I know that I can get the sideskirts and the backbumper for the USDM integra, but I need the front one too. Do they actually make front end kits for the JDM converted integra? If they do, please, help. Thank you!!!
    ~ PeDaL DoWn, PeELiN' OuT!!! ~

~ ALwAyS KeEp GiXeR In YoUr HeArT AnD PrAyErS ~

fuck yeah dude jdm integras are hot as shit.
    they have a kit for it here http://www.erebuni.net/ge/acuraint94.htm
    thats hot as shit.

Yes, I know many sites where they sell the actual conversion kit. Don't get me wrong. I am very thankful for your help. The thing is that I was looking for a more agressive front bumper. So basically, I want the JDM hood, JDM headlights, JDM fenders, JDM grille, but I don't want the JDM type R front bumper. 'Na what I mean? I was looking for more of something like a JDM type R shogun kit or big mouth kit. Something that would fit the JDM headlights.

sumten like this?

i think its called the stalker front bumper

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CRiSP on 2002-04-29 00:20 ]</font>

you may also want to look into front bumpers by cwest, mugen, vis, along with many many chin spoilers for a JDM ITR front end.

Powered By Hopes & Dreams B18C5er's Avatar

Tell me if this is true or not, but was there ever a Special Edition 4-door Type-R Integra in Japan?

its not really special edition...

but yea there are 4 door type-r's

cwest kit:

On 2002-04-29 00:13, CRiSP wrote:
    sumten like this?

i think its called the stalker front bumper

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CRiSP on 2002-04-29 00:20 ]</font>
    yeah yeah, actually something almost exactly like that, do you know where you think that I would be able to get a hold of one of those? Do i have to actually go to a shop that can import in from japan or can i get it on the web. They don't make that many aggressive front bumpers for the JDM integras, do they? thanks for the help, exactly what I was looking for.

http://www.jdmhondaparts.com

has the cheapest i've seen out of all the well known vendors.

2,900 for the full kit which includes hood, fenders, bumper, lip, headlights (non-hid), radiator supports and all hardware.

then u need to go to a body shop and get that stuff primed, painted, and installed.

figure on spending around 5,000 dollars.

waste of money if u ask me, unless you get into a frontal collision and the insurance money is there for u to spend.

there is a easy way, go buy head light for around 780, and take it ti a REAL GOOD shop ask them to custme for you, spend about 1000 bucks, total would be around 1780

Ok man, first...JDM is NEVER rice. You seemed to think you were gonna get flaimed or something. A JDM conversion is the most "anti-rice" bodywork you can do because thats the true OEM. I think thats a tight conversion, were all pretty familiar with it here, and yes...you can get body kits for that front end. We have body kits for our front ends, they make body kits over there too. Dont know any manufacturers offhand though. Post pics when you get done?

no, sometimes jdm shit can be rice too.

fucking people pay so much money for those takata harnesses (on king motorsports) and its only a 4 point. u can get sabelt 5 points for hundreds less.

or those that criticize people for getting sparco seats instead of Bride seats since sparco is euro and bride is jdm.

jdm whores = thumbs down for wasting money on stupid crap like that.

but then again, that is just my opinion.

On 2002-04-29 17:03, Toda Party wrote:
    http://www.jdmhondaparts.com

2,900 for the full kit which includes hood, fenders, bumper, lip, headlights (non-hid), radiator supports and all hardware.

then u need to go to a body shop and get that stuff primed, painted, and installed.

figure on spending around 5,000 dollars.

waste of money if u ask me, unless you get into a frontal collision and the insurance money is there for u to spend.

Dayam!!! If that's the cheapest that you ever saw, I think that you have to shop more dawg!
    http://www.extremedimensions.com/ has them for $1,600... EVERYTHING!!!

On 2002-04-30 04:03, YeLlowI wrote:
    there is a easy way, go buy head light for around 780, and take it ti a REAL GOOD shop ask them to custme for you, spend about 1000 bucks, total would be around 1780
    For real? Here's the problem though. I live in Northbrook and I don't know any GOOD shops. I mean well respected ones that won't rip you off, if anyone knows a shop around here, 411, please!!!

On 2002-04-30 12:47, integr8 wrote:
    Ok man, first...JDM is NEVER rice. You seemed to think you were gonna get flaimed or something. A JDM conversion is the most "anti-rice" bodywork you can do because thats the true OEM. I think thats a tight conversion, were all pretty familiar with it here, and yes...you can get body kits for that front end. We have body kits for our front ends, they make body kits over there too. Dont know any manufacturers offhand though. Post pics when you get done?

Thanks for all the info man! I'll remember this.

Dayam!!! If that's the cheapest that you ever saw, I think that you have to shop more dawg!

i said
    meaning
    a) good customer service
    b) widely known and complimented for service etc
    c) big customer base
    d) good pricing compared to others who want ~ 3,500 for the non-hid jdm front

i never said it was the cheapest i've ever seen.

On 2002-04-30 15:01, Toda Party wrote:

i said
    meaning
    a) good customer service
    b) widely known and complimented for service etc
    c) big customer base
    d) good pricing compared to others who want ~ 3,500 for the non-hid jdm front

i never said it was the cheapest i've ever seen.

ahahha... mah bad.

You don't have to buy the JDM Type R body kits, you can easily buy a blackwidow kit and install JDM Head Lights on it....just a lil cutting from your local import shop. and you can buy the JDM Head Lights for alot cheaper 695.95, that's how much I bought mine for...and i customized mah front bumper so it would fit. - Later

Hey Asian Type R, did you do that to a Type R? I haven't even seen pics of your car, but I can imagine it really looks like ass. :grin:

On 2002-05-03 11:30, aSiaN Type R wrote:
    You don't have to buy the JDM Type R body kits, you can easily buy a blackwidow kit and install JDM Head Lights on it....just a lil cutting from your local import shop. and you can buy the JDM Head Lights for alot cheaper 695.95, that's how much I bought mine for...and i customized mah front bumper so it would fit. - Later
    aww shit bro, that's a good idea... Never even thought about that, does that only apply for the BW kit or can you do it for other kits?

On 2002-04-29 01:40, Toda Party wrote:
    its not really special edition...

but yea there are 4 door type-r's

cwest kit:

just wondering where you got the pic of the white integra... Cuz that is my car

Thread Information