Thread: What is the Loudest Blow Off Valve on the Market?

I need help choosing a BOV for my teg cause I recently bought a DRAG Gen. III kit for my 94 LS and the guy I bought it off of didn't include a BOV.
    So I want to know, what is the loudest BOV available on the market because I want those lil ricers on the road to know they aren't f*cking around with another ricer, I'm the real deal. :grin:

the greddy has some girth behind the release.

But my favorite is the new HKS sequential unit, very good.
    -- '01 YZF R6 -- hit/wrecked 12/20/04
    -- '01 YZF R1 -- Scary
    -- '97 ITR #110 --

hks or greddy type s bot are loud i like the type s my self

I havn't personally heard a Blitz BOV, but my friends R1 rx7 has the greddy and it is really loud, high pitched.

the HKS sequential on the supra sounds excellent, especially now that its on the intercooler piping isntead of recirculating into the intake.

I forget which one it is, but there is a BOV that has interchangable tips that make different sounds...the HKS is adjustable but that is just for when it floods the 2nd chamber...let me search for that one and i'll post a link.
    -- '01 YZF R1 -- Scary
    -- '97 ITR #110 --

true but i still think the type s is tha way to go

:grin:

HKS....holy shit it sounds nice!

My ASS after a long night of drinking then eating at Taco Bell at 2am!! Now theres one loudass blowoff vavle!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: integr8 on 2002-04-26 13:28 ]</font>

If you want loud, buy the Zen Blow Off Valve..it's nothin like HKS, Greddy, or any blow off valve

im not in the market for a BOV or anything but im not exactly sure of what their function is. ive heard something about releasing pressure against the throttle plate or something like that. can anyone clear it up? thanks

im not in the market for a BOV or anything but im not exactly sure of what their function is. ive heard something about releasing pressure against the throttle plate or something like that. can anyone clear it up? thanks
    When a turbo spools up and u let off the gas peddle the turbine will still be spinning, like when u turn off a fan in your house it keeps spining till the friction stops it, well the turbo has the same effect, only when u let off the gas the air from the turbo will still go in your engine causing the engine to keep going, but, the blow off valve stops this because it lets out that excess air that the turbo creates.

to add to that...also aftermarket BOV's aren't just for sound. They have bigger chambers (some have 2 chambers like the HKS) which vent the built up pressure from the turbos when they aren't needed, as he said before. BUT their primary purpose is to protect the actual turbo. When the turbo(s) aren't being used, they create a vacum, and if it weren't for a BOV, the built up pressure would be sucked into the turbos, and damage/destroy the fins.

The built up pressure can't actually go into the engine after the gas is released, because the throttle plate wont let it, and the throttle plate can't really be damaged by 'normal' amounts of pressure, so that leaves it only one place to go, back to the turbo. Stock BOV's have to be updated when you start boosting above a certain amount on certain cars.

For example, after about 18psi, the supra was in danger of having turbo detonation because the stock BOV couldn't handle the excess boost. So i HAD to get an aftermarket BOV.

They have more than just one purpose, but most people ignore the fact that they are ment to help instead of just make noise.

Hope that helps...
    -- '01 YZF R1 -- Scary
    -- '97 ITR #110 --

Thread Information