Thread: I am at a complete loss. Trouble starting

Default I am at a complete loss. Trouble starting

Ok, so I am pulling my hair out with this car.

It has trouble starting after sitting for anything over a few minutes. It cranks and puts each crank like it wants to start, but doesn't. It takes a good 30sec to a few minutes to get it to start, sometimes needing a jump as the battery dies down. When it finally does start, it is a slow start, rpms slowly catch and raise.

Here is what I have done.
    New fuel pump, filter, coil, distributer cap and rotor, plugs, and wires.

I have also checked the main relay and the main relay harness. I am at a complete loss now.

I know you have done a lot of work on your machine but have you ever tried to check the fuse, if not try this time. Fuse may be malfunctioning which in turn cause improper electric output to engine and slow start may be the wires are not in a good shape try to replace them and also check for proper installs of every new component. If that all is working fine in my car and still problem persists I would not wait a second to restore it and sell it of.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritedwounds View Post
    I know you have done a lot of work on your machine but have you ever tried to check the fuse, if not try this time. Fuse may be malfunctioning which in turn cause improper electric output to engine and slow start may be the wires are not in a good shape try to replace them and also check for proper installs of every new component. If that all is working fine in my car and still problem persists I would not wait a second to restore it and sell it of.
    I'll check the fuse shortly, could it be the ignition switch by chance? Every now and then when it is hard starting I can move the key up and down and it will start. However idk if it is a coincidence or not as other times moving the key does nothing at all and it takes a good 5 minutes to start.

Thread Information