Thread: Frustrated by three screws (door lock actuator problem)!

Default Frustrated by three screws (door lock actuator problem)!

Decided to replace driver and front passenger door lock actuator some time ago. Parts received and started by passenger side.

The three philips srews holding the lock were a nightmare and finally I had to use the drill.

NowI want to replace diver side actuator and wondering if someone could give me some advice for taking out these screws. Apart from good philips screw driver, a ratchet, a flat screw driver.... I even tried an impact screw driver.

Any suggestion before using again the drill?

Are you using an impact driver? I wish I had more advice for you but many of the screws are treated with threadlocker and some even corrode so there really isn't much you can do... As long as you have a properly fitting bit and you push it in tight you shouldn't have an issue besides the possibility of snapping it, in which case you would need to tap it out. You could always use some PB Blaster penetrating spray as long as you avoid electronics and tap it gently with a hammer to work it into the threads, that stuff has saved me a lot of time and trouble. It would also help if you included the model and year of your car in the post as well as the title so someone that has done this project before could give you some practical advice.
    Current:

2001 Honda Accord EX-L V6 @ 124k
    2001 Ford E-350 Super Duty "The Asscan" @ 102k

Plans For The Accord (In Order):

Tranny Cooler and Inline Filter (B&M 70260 and Magnefine)
    Rally Armor Mud Flaps (UR With Grey Letters)
    Suspension (Eibach)
    Paint (Gunmetal Plasti-dip or Black Metallic)
    Fog Lights (OEM)
    Rimzz yo (TL-S or TSX)

Quote Originally Posted by DTylerCT View Post
    Are you using an impact driver? I wish I had more advice for you but many of the screws are treated with threadlocker and some even corrode so there really isn't much you can do... As long as you have a properly fitting bit and you push it in tight you shouldn't have an issue besides the possibility of snapping it, in which case you would need to tap it out. You could always use some PB Blaster penetrating spray as long as you avoid electronics and tap it gently with a hammer to work it into the threads, that stuff has saved me a lot of time and trouble. It would also help if you included the model and year of your car in the post as well as the title so someone that has done this project before could give you some practical advice.
    Car model is Accord 2005 i-ctdi 2.4 (model name used in Europe at least,... not sure of worldwide) .
    I am attaching a picture of the three screws. I already tried a lubricant.

Just ordered a screw extractor (see second image). Next weekend will go with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahh ok, I didn't know they were already stripped out. good call on the extractor set though, that'll help a lot down the road too. I wish I could be of more help but I don't have any knowledge on 05's or EU models for that matter lol. The extractors should work fine, I usually use the Irwin Hanson brand stuff because I've had good luck with it. I hope it works out for you Perry!
    Current:

2001 Honda Accord EX-L V6 @ 124k
    2001 Ford E-350 Super Duty "The Asscan" @ 102k

Plans For The Accord (In Order):

Tranny Cooler and Inline Filter (B&M 70260 and Magnefine)
    Rally Armor Mud Flaps (UR With Grey Letters)
    Suspension (Eibach)
    Paint (Gunmetal Plasti-dip or Black Metallic)
    Fog Lights (OEM)
    Rimzz yo (TL-S or TSX)

Being so busy that it was not until few hours ago I tried the extractors, Silverline 675174. Completely uselss!! Will try the brand you recommended

Thread Information