Thread: 1994 Civic coupe ex oil

Default 1994 Civic coupe ex oil

what kind of oil do i put in my car and how much?

if it is stock all you need is 4 qts of conventional or synthetic... if your in a hotter climate like tx i would run thick oil... cooler thin oil
    1993 del sol si w/b18b1 ls/vtec

Quote Originally Posted by xofirexo1117 View Post
    Approx 3.7 quarts of oil. Unless you are using (and have been using) synthetic oil,
    its probably best to stick w/ conventional oil at this juncture. Change the oil filter too.
    And the crush washer on the oil drain plug. Do not overtighten the drain plug.
    Depending on the type of oil pan, torque will be either 33ft-lb or (I think) 25ft-lb.

I use 5W-30 yr-round as it gives better flow @ colder temps. Down to about -20F.
    10W-30 is likely ok if you live in warmer parts of the country (to +10F I think).

Check your local auto parts store. They run oil change specials every month.
    Usually involve 5quarts oil + a filter anywhere from 14$+. In Feb, I got
    5quarts Mobil Super + filter + 5$ O'Reilly gift card from mail-in rebate for 11$.

Quote Originally Posted by xofirexo1117 View Post
    Correction:
    10w-30 displays acceptable cold flow to -10 or -20F. I thought +10F was a bit too high.

See: http://www.aa1car.com/library/oil_viscosity.htm

hahahaha madvladcivic onto it,we ust to run mobil 1 in my integra year ago haha,mobil super mean,just bout to do a change in mine,think it 4ltr all up and bit for the new filter,gona run a 5w-40 runs betr for em,cooler running temp and keeps stress down on old slightly worked haha engine,the dick i got it off was running 15w-40,wata cock!!!~haha hi-preformance engine...think people haha,so it dirty as before its time so im flushing thu a "winz oil flush" p.s be selective on the flush as sum can do mre harm to a Vtec engine,30min NO hi revs for this period n no longer,then do change.should be a ripper hahaha,aw n be minter as i just boosted my octane up to a hundy haha,yeyah! lol,good luck to all

Thread Information