Page 1 of 59 1234567891151 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Images

funny you post this, I was just looking at this shit yesterday from an article on reddit about the author of the game selling his 100,000th copy and making 1,000,000 euro while the game is still in alpha. The best part is that it is created entirely by 1 guy.

Watched a few vids yest and I actually really like concept, I may shell out the 30$ and try it out.

I"m on his 6th vid. Really funny/entertaining.

this looks cool, but why 8 bit?
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

>>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<

His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

8 bit cause it's the shit.

yeah

this looks sick

Been playing it for over a month now and my little bros been on it for at least a couple months, decided to spend $13 to get it. Its worth every penny, pretty much the game is all about surviving, building shit, cave exploring, and the maps can be infinite. Pretty much you break blocks, collect certain things, build shit and its easy once you learn the formulas of all the shit. I played the game for 10 hours straight just working on doing cave exploring to find diamond ( the best mineral in the game to find ). A lot of the videos with awesome stuff are indev mode vids where people have access to all the blocks, and in single player its much harder to obtain all of them.

Creepers are the fucking shit when it comes to getting absolutely terrified, minding your own business and all you hear is a "Tsssssss * FUCKING BAM * and you're dead.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Kwz...layer_embedded

And they will come out of no where and fuck you up if you aren't careful. And it will make you jump too lol.

But I love the building in the game, shelter is your best defense against mobs that spawn outside in the dark. It's awesome to spend time building a bad ass fortress into the side of a mountain. Just so many things you can do to be creative. As for monsters, you have Zombies, Skeletons that shoot arrows, Creepers that just come at you and explode, arachnids, skeletons that ride the arachnids apparently. Once you get into the game and going, its really fun, especially on single player when you travel around. I have 6 separate bases attached to huge caves for cave exploring looking for diamond to build diamond tools ( best in the game currently ) and its tough work. The shitty thing is, if you die you lose all your stuff that is on your character, so know where the fuck you are going when going to retrieve your items back because it will despawn. Losing diamond in the game fucking blows so always create back ups and throw them in wooden chests in your base!. Theres a lot more to it, but its a blast once you get into it.

Crafting in the game:

http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

and I'm wondering if he is going to add Obsidian Tools, the hardest block in the game (Takes 15 seconds to mine one of the purple blocks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVFTmqXFLX8
    Last edited by Caleb; 09-04-2010 at 02:10 AM.
    Car: 1985 Firebird (12.5 @ 109)

Quote Originally Posted by C-Murder View Post
    All I can think is on multiplayer...flint and steel and all of his trees are gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rprfK...eature=related

i tried this game on my buddy's laptop when i had to fix it; i think a few of my other friends have it too actually. i couldn't figure out how to do much but it was kinda neat. the play areas are fucking huge i got lost in this one level for like an hour.

btw it's only like $13

I just bought this game. haha.

its legit so far. very very intuitive.

how do you get all the neat shit? when i played it all i could do was dig and place boxes...

nvm lol... http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting
    Last edited by EXCellR8; 09-04-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Images

Is it multiplayer?

Like can we all start building something as a team?

If i host a private server?

IF we can i'lll get this game right away.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Is it multiplayer?

Like can we all start building something as a team?

If i host a private server?

IF we can i'lll get this game right away.
    this.

Yes you can in multiplayer, you need to make sure you have the multiplayer client downloaded ( small ass file ) and your ports opened. Give out IP, Enjoy.

well i'm officially addicted... gdi

i really underestimated the amount of shit you can actually do in the game. once you get into it a little bit and you start crafting materials and creating crazy stuff you will waste hours away. i joined up with a buddy and we made this crazy long mineshaft complete with wall torches and a rail car system. shit was tight...

Images

Yea I was just playing with cmurder. How we found each other is fucking crazy.

I popped into my first random room, and he asks me if im stealth from HHU lol.

I made a server. It's called Stealth's Server if you guys want to join it.
    I made a nice big sign that said CUNT.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Images

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    well i'm officially addicted... gdi

i really underestimated the amount of shit you can actually do in the game. once you get into it a little bit and you start crafting materials and creating crazy stuff you will waste hours away. i joined up with a buddy and we made this crazy long mineshaft complete with wall torches and a rail car system. shit was tight...

is that the alpha game?

im going to have to buy it if thats what it is.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Images

http://minecraft.net/survivaltest/ (game link free)

this is kinda what alpha is.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Images

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?se...5e59fcd5f69c7d

My server. I can give you guys admin so u can kick/ban destructive people. just let me know your names.
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

^ u paid? did you try this on aircard? i think ill play during work hours as a time killer
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

>>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<

His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher11 View Post
    ^ u paid? did you try this on aircard? i think ill play during work hours as a time killer
    no it's free.

The pay version is the one with the tools and stuff. Which is the alpha build.
    I'm going to buy that.

My server is for the free version.

All you have to do is register an account (free) and click the link and
    you can play.

The server is going to up as I'll keep it running, however, I need to replace
    some stuff in it, so it might be down today for a few hours. THe world is
    saved so whatever you build (unless someone destroys is will stay.

I'd assume you could play on aircard.

Free Version - Just build stuff in the world
    Pay Version - You build and survive against monsters and shit (probably much more fun)
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Thread Information