Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Acura RSX Type S engine swap?

I just purchase a 2002 Acura RSX Type S engine and was wondering what foreing cars it would fit on? Would it work with a Honda Accord, Civic, Prelude, or an Acura Integra? I heard it is backwards with a lot of cars which car engine is on the same side with it? How much would it cost to get the engine swaped if I already have the engine?
    Any information would be helpful
    Thanks

why would u buy an engine if u didn't know what car it could be attached to?

On 2002-03-24 22:18, 94accordlx wrote:
    anyway, but i've seen a kit on ebay that you can put it into a civic
    1995 Avus Blue E36 BMW ///M3

On 2002-03-24 22:40, 99_Civic_Si wrote:
    On 2002-03-24 22:18, 94accordlx wrote:
    anyway, but i've seen a kit on ebay that you can put it into a civic
    You can put them into 02 civics..I believe

I bought the engine because I got it for a cheap price!!!!!

hehe we don't mini's in US :razz: Drop it into Geo metro :razz:

My Dads cousin owns Princeton BMW and there getting the new Mini's in this year

don't htink mini will do good in US. we like our cars big/or moderate. Mini is too small, and will probably cost a lot cuz its a BMW subcompany.

Don't put it in any cars, just buy a nice gold chain and wear that mother around your neck, bling bling baby, you got tha ice now! :grin:

On 2002-03-24 21:02, jaggrieger30 wrote:
    I just purchase a 2002 Acura RSX Type S engine and was wondering what foreing cars it would fit on? Would it work with a Honda Accord, Civic, Prelude, or an Acura Integra? I heard it is backwards with a lot of cars which car engine is on the same side with it? How much would it cost to get the engine swaped if I already have the engine?
    Any information would be helpful
    Thanks

That's good, I am glad to see that you have bought a new S Type Acura RSX Engine. I think that this would fit in the Accord, or maybe even the 2-door Civic. What about an S2000?

On 2002-03-27 13:55, 94accordlx wrote:
    We have Mini's in the US. That would be funny to drop it in a Geo Metro.

you can drop it into a new civic or atleast the new si, but that would defeat the purpose of buying a engine and dropping it into a car wouldnt it. I've heard about people buying the type S engine off of ebay and they are always full of shit.

i dont htink u can put this engine into a s2k whoever said that, it's rear wheel drive..duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................... ahhhhhhhhhh god.

yes it easily bolts in to the new si. just get yourself some badgingns and a the type r body kit and seats and you have your self an authentic ctr! :D
    -Red '97 hatch-

F/S:
    '00 GSR P72 OBD2(b) ECU
    OBD2(b) to OBD1 jumper harness (skunk2 style)
    Brand new Axxis brake pads for 99-00 Civic Si (front & rear)

PM me if interested

01' Accord, why would you even think of puting a 200hp engine in an s2000 that already has 240hp, duh, how bought, drop that $h!t into the new civiv si hatch and it will be a us-spec civic type-r

Quote Originally Posted by 94accordlx
    saw one the otehr day driving down the street and i live in iowa
    It's like trying to fit your fist in your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 94accordlx
    don't htink mini will do good in US. we like our cars big/or moderate. Mini is too small, and will probably cost a lot cuz its a BMW subcompany.
    I know :P P.S. I still think they are teh equilevent of Geo Metros in Europe

I dont think you can put the new engines in Accords..they spin the wrong way.

The cost outweighs the benefits.

A gold ole h22a, is better than the k series.

you can put anything into anything...but problems like $$$ or usefullness arises. E.G. Vette with a Metro engine possible but why? or Metro with a Lamborgini engine...possible ebut why?

I've been playing with the idea of getting an early 90's metro and throwing in a b16 in there.... bwahaha ultimate sleeper =). I have my RSX for style. Although, eventually she'll be a speed monster too. 14's are nice, but I want 13s.. hell 12s would be sweet, but damn that's gonna be hella tuning and fully building the engine. Ahh.... we'll see how the money flows.

just take a civic hatch...metros are just gay

Exactly...... no one would expect it from a geo metro....

Thread Information