Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official HHU Recipe thread

Now, I have a reason to start cooking Thanks to this thread. Now, I am gonna try a few of the recipes that I thought were interesting. I am not a great chef but I don't have anything better to do in this quarantine. I just hope I find all the ingredients in my kitchen.

Well, you can't find it all in the kitchen. You also have to go to the grocery, am I right, fellas?

Here's a health food that has a certain Mexican twist with it.

Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 green pepper, chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles
    1/4 cup picante sauce
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    2 cups cooked brown rice
    8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
    1 cup salsa
    1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    Sliced red onion and jalapeno peppers, optional

Directions
    1) Preheat oven to 350. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add green pepper, onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Add rice; cook 5 minutes longer.
    2) Spoon a rounded 1/2 cup of rice mixture down center of each tortilla. Fold sides over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining rice mixture along sides of dish. Top tortillas with salsa. Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cilantro and, if desired, onions and jalapenos.

Pork and Asparagus Sheet-Pan Dinner

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup olive oil, divided
    3 cups diced new potatoes
    3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 large gala or Honeycrisp apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
    2 teaspoons brown sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and about 6 ounces each)
    2 teaspoons Southwest seasoning

Directions:
    1) Preheat oven to 425. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
    2) In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in 1 section of prepared baking pan. In same bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place in another section of pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes and asparagus.
    3) In same bowl, toss apple with 1 teaspoon olive oil. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Transfer to a different section of pan.
    4) Brush pork chops with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle both sides with Southwest seasoning. Place chops in remaining section of pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145 and potatoes and apples are tender, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Moo Shu Mushroom Wraps

Ingredients:
    4 teaspoons sesame or canola oil, divided
    4 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
    1 cup fresh bean sprouts
    1/2 cup hoisin sauce
    10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
    6 green onions, sliced

Directions:
    1) In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
    2) In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add coleslaw mix, garlic and ginger; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until slaw is crisp-tender. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, soy sauce and chili sauce; add to pan. Stir in sprouts and eggs; heat through.
    3) Spread about 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce over each tortilla to within 1/4 in. of edges. Layer with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture and about 1 tablespoon green onion. Roll up tightly.

I like to make chicken breasts with species

Quote Originally Posted by berp View Post
    I like to make chicken breasts with species
    awesome, my congrats to you

It is the 4th of July this weekend and I am planning to cook a couple of recipes with my wife.

Thread Information