Thread: LS/VTEC

Default LS/VTEC

I just put a gsr head on my 93 acura integra and i was wondering what would be the best ecu and how to wire the vtec up PLEASE HELP THANKS.
    1999 Honda Civic EX, DC Headers, Crank pulley, Magnaflow full Exhaust, Alum Flywheel, Stage 1 Exteady Clutch.

Default yezzir

you can have your stock P28 ECU chipped to run a DOHC VTEC ECU Program. This works very well and its cheaper than getting another ECU(unless you are getting the ECU included with the head).

Knock Sensor Info for LS VTEC:

This is how I did it (I know it works for a B18b, and if the coolant plug for the B18c is in the same place, exhaust side of the motor behind the manifold, it will work fine).
    You will need:
    1 knock sensor
    wire to run from sensor to ECU (18 gauge I think)
    JB weld
    access to a machine shop or a drill press
    a 12mm tap (I believe that the knock sensor threads are 12mm)
    heat shielding for the wire
    I reccomend an extra coolant plug for your motor so you don't have to remove yours (so you can drive the car before you get the knock sensor in)

Drill a hole in your coolant plug that is the correct size for tapping a 12mm thread. The hardware store where you bought the tap can tell you the size, if I remember I will post it.

Tap the hole with 12mm thread, be sure to use lots of oil on the tap.

Thread the knock sensor into the coolant plug tight enough that when you get it in you car it won't rattle out.

Sand the motor side of the coolant plug then fill the motor side of the coolant plug (it is hollow) with JB Weld and let it sit until the JB Weld has completely cured (usually overnight)

After the JB Weld has cured remove the knock sensor from the coolant plug.

Drain the coolant out of your car and remove the coolant plug from the exhaust side of the motor. (This will probably release more coolant)

Install your modified coolant plug in the motor and make sure it is torqued.
    raycash

If you get a chipped ecu, you can just get the knock sensor disabled. I'm running a chipped p28 on my b16 and had a stock jdm p30 program burned to a chip, and requested the speed gov,rev limiter, and knock sensor disabled. (my k/s was broken off) I went through Xenocron tuning. Cost about $20 for custom eeprom.

With it disabled, it won't throw a CEL for it not being installed.

I wouldn't go through the trouble of installing the knock sensor unless you are planning on trying to advance the timing too far or run shitty cheap gas. All the k/s does is retard the timing if detonation is detected.

Very nice writeup, though, for those who want it installed.
    "Some may never live, but the crazy never die"
    - Hunter S. Thompson

I got the motor in and drove it home but it runs like shit my mechanic said he had to put the ls fuel rail and throttle body because the gsr was not the same is this true.And will it hurt the car to run on the stock ecu for now till i get the other one or get this one chipped thanks for the info.
    1999 Honda Civic EX, DC Headers, Crank pulley, Magnaflow full Exhaust, Alum Flywheel, Stage 1 Exteady Clutch.

It's not a good idea to run that ECU as far as the fuel goes, you just need different injectors. Prelude injectors would work just fine, it would help to have the gs-r throttle body though.

i need to get a ecu does anyone know where i can find one

or where i can get my tuned to run vtec i live in lancaster,PA

Why did you do all this before researching everything first?

This sig makes me feel 16 again.

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdIntegre View Post
    Why did you do all this before researching everything first?
    dont help this noob.

came into the civic forum talking shit because they dont know how to properly ask a question

if you had done some research instead of just slapping shit together and listening to others who "knew" what they were doing you wouldnt be here acting like an asshole still trying to get help in another part of this forum.

Personally, I'd check out xenocron.com, they have chipped vtec ecu's for $175 - comes with two basemap eeproms. I've had real good luck dealing with them.
    "Some may never live, but the crazy never die"
    - Hunter S. Thompson

I bought the car this way now im trying to get it to run right i did not build it or i would of did reserch thank you

Quote Originally Posted by G2LSVtec View Post
    I bought the car this way now im trying to get it to run right i did not build it or i would of did reserch thank you
    uhhhh....did you make another screen name

Quote Originally Posted by D-Atk View Post
    uhhhh....did you make another screen name
    yes, same person.

why would you buy a car that someone has fucked up? You just bought someone elses headache.

Look in the Civic forum in the FAQ's. There is a LS/VTEC link in there
    本田1991 Acura Integra H22A-LSD本田
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by DejanKulusevski View Post
    hello and thank for info!
    Do you have the same inquiry? This is a really old thread.

Thread Information