Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    wow awesome shots matt. your just getting better and better. did you get a polarizer? the blue in the second shot is amazing. im going to say this might be your best work yet.

shot from last night

u really need to start taking pics of these chicks vaginas and titties.
    2008 TSX 6mt navi

good stuff guys
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

here is one from today...just got a random idea...started shooting, then my roommate gave me this idea and it came out way better than the other pictures i took.

shot with the D40, 22mm wideangle, top mounted flash, ISO 200, speed 4000, fstop 6.5

why is the shutter speed so fast? what setting were you shooting in. the picture looks well exposed but if you had a mounted flash you could of shot as low as 1/60. good job on the focusing. is the 22mm a manual focus lens?

you officially have more gear then me now. i wanted another strobe for christmas but i had to pay bills instead. just to bad the d40 doesn't have a commander mode so you could do a 3 strobe set up. i might start looking into a softbox instead of a shoot though umbrella i really like the look people get when they are able to over power the sun or any other ambient light with there strobes. the two shoot though umbrella set up has been doing pretty good for me i can't wait to see what you come up with.

new for today

great stuff! between work and hockey, i've had no time. the thing that's pissing me off more than the fact that the d40 doesn't have a commander mode is the lack of internal focus motor and only 3 brackets for focusing. otherwise i love the size and what you get out of it.

do you find friends to model for you, or do you find models through like model mayhem or something?

why is the shutter speed so fast? what setting were you shooting in. the picture looks well exposed but if you had a mounted flash you could of shot as low as 1/60. good job on the focusing. is the 22mm a manual focus lens?
    i was shooting in Manual mode...the flash i use on it is too bright for anything slower than that. it was still light out side and shit when i took it, and since its so close. the flash just gets rid of the shadows of the above lights. it came out WAY better like that as well.

and yes the 22mm is a manual focusing lens. i thought it had auto focus on it, but it doesnt.

thought id share this picture too....since i havent gotten one with my new lens and filter. i didnt actually take this one, my friend took it playing with my new lens a bit. but i think it came out pretty good. the sun setting colors look pretty good. plus this is my new fav picture of my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by adamantiumknot View Post
    great stuff! between work and hockey, i've had no time. the thing that's pissing me off more than the fact that the d40 doesn't have a commander mode is the lack of internal focus motor and only 3 brackets for focusing. otherwise i love the size and what you get out of it.

do you find friends to model for you, or do you find models through like model mayhem or something?
    i miss hockey. i have a d60 for work and it's a great camera and i would love using it if i already didn't learn on a d70. in almost all aspects photo wise the d60>d70 but since i learned on a d70 i got used to the little things like the dual wheels to change shutter speed and the fstop the top lcd is really useful as well. have you thought of upgrading any time in the future? the d90 is looking really good especially with all those auto focus points. 3 is pretty hard to work with unless you want to ignore the rule of thirds and keep everything dead center or use a higher fstop. I wish my d70 was as good with noise as the d60/d40 is it's my biggest pet peav. pretty much all the newest nikon lenses have a built in auto focus motor even a 50mm prime.

new shot from last night.

so im with adam there....where do all these different chicas come from? friends? or do you just post a craigslist ad for models???

hahah i forgot to answer. all the girls are friends of mine that just want to have there picture taken. every girl wants some kind of pretty picture for there myspace facebook ect so i give them free pictures in exchange for modeling for me but they have to keep my watermark on the image for whatever they use it for. I have a model mayhem account but i have yet to try to find any models off it.

nice, how'd you manage to avoid any reflections in the glasses?

i have friends who always want shots, but never follow through and i'm not going to chase.

pretty much luck i guess. just made sure the light was as soft as it could be. i had the speedlight set pretty far away at eye level with a shoot though umbrella and a defuser on the strobe itself which ate a couple steps of light. other then that just made sure the light didn't catch at a weird angle. i just make up stuff as i go along and see what happens. i wish i actually knew what i was doing all the time. it's alot of trial and error. what you need to do adam is shoot one girl and that girl will show off those pictures and all the other girls will be super jealous and start banging down your door.

veloceracing

don't you also use a polarizing filter for EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by veloceracing View Post
    i avoid using one unless absolutely necessary. sometimes you just can't avoid high noon.

Quote Originally Posted by veloceracing View Post
    yup your right i forgot all about the polarizer. that would for sure help with the glare in the glass. good catch velo i forgot all about it.

i really like the effect of the polerized filter...thats why i bought one so i can play with it a bit. i need to learn to use it with the adjustments and shit.

new from yesterdays shoot.

veloceracing

Nice shot but the head pose gives her a lazy looking eye.

thats a lot of frosting!

i don't think it gives her a lazy eye. i've got a lazy eye, i know them well. lol

i would definitely lick it off of her lol.

do not want.

veloceracing

first shots with umbrella

i gotta remember to get a pic when my cat has her togue out

makes for a great shot.

could crop it down though.

took this one a few days ago....not my best work, but its decent.

i dig that one matt i wish i would of thought of it and put my storm troopers in it.

shot from today

Thread Information