Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Picture Thread

probably all the negative space

Don't you normally keep the object of focus out of the center? Or atleast try to?
    RHS 4-0

not always. most of my portraits are somewhat center. what your talking about is the rule of 3rds. this is somewhat off center. I have gotten to the point where i no longer follow the rule of 3rds and let my eye compose the image instead of some rule.

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    curious to what dont you like about the framing?
    Eh, i prob would have done it like this.

But like I said it really isn't a big deal and it's still a great picture. It just seems like too much focus was on the background.
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

thats actually a very good crop. my eye is drawn right to the flower. it's playing weird tricks with my eyes for some reason.

haha how dare you put my picture in your "ownage" album

my shot from last night. i wanted to try something really different. instead of going with my normal lighting set up of two umbrellas i decided to switch it up a bit. I finally broke out my homemade diy beauty dish and used another flash aimed at the backdrop. I processed this very rough to give it more of a dirty look leaving every possible flaw on me that the eye could see.

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    thats actually a very good crop. my eye is drawn right to the flower. it's playing weird tricks with my eyes for some reason.

haha how dare you put my picture in your "ownage" album

my shot from last night. i wanted to try something really different. instead of going with my normal lighting set up of two umbrellas i decided to switch it up a bit. I finally broke out my homemade diy beauty dish and used another flash aimed at the backdrop. I processed this very rough to give it more of a dirty look leaving every possible flaw on me that the eye could see.

Hahahaha that's a badass picture dude nice

I default anything that is not actual photography of mine, or is some random shit, to the "ownage" section.

You are in there with barrack obama and george bush, though.... oh wait
    It's no different than men and maggots or wolvs fighting dragons. Or men riding dragons throwing wolfs at maggots... We can team up, you and I. We will rise out of the ground ourselves. We'll build our own tripod but ours will have 4 legs.

Oh and by the way my friend........

It appears we both have the same flowers growing near us and shoot them at the same time of day...LOL just noticed this....

i like the second one! i think its awesome! the first one the color looks weird too me for some reason....not sure why. but i absolutely LOVE everything about the second one!

i should have a few picture up from the last few days tonight when i get home and edit them

here are a few.....

not sure if i like this one or not....but eh whatever

I think the one of that dog is def the best haha. Awesome.

The first one would have been my favorite if it was composed just a tad bit differently.. I would have cropped or shot it so the "one way" sign is more to the left (rule of thirds basically) and if the picture was manually focused so the crispness of the image was more on the sign and pole... with a really tight area of focus to make the back ground blur out a bit more... focusing the eyes to the sign (which appeared to be your intention)

And said pole was straight up and down... looks a bit tilted in the frame... one thing I constantly have to remind myself to do when shooting, haha.

Your pictures are getting much better bro
    Last edited by civcmatt; 01-30-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PENCIL View Post
    I think the one of that dog is def the best haha. Awesome.

The first one would have been my favorite if it was composed just a tad bit differently.. I would have cropped or shot it so the "one way" sign is more to the left (rule of thirds basically) and if the picture was manually focused so the crispness of the image was more on the sign and pole... with a really tight area of focus to make the back ground blur out a bit more... focusing the eyes to the sign (which appeared to be your intention)
    pretty much what i wanted to say so thanks for writing it all out. I really like the colors of the second one. the tree tops look amazing but i would crop out the fence at the bottom as it distracts my eye a bit. the dog one is just awesome.

my shot for the day. my moms old slr film camera.

Haha.. that's awesome

dude i was meaning to crop that fence out too! and i forgot! oh well yeah i know what you mean there.

Pencil thanks for the tip on the sign...i couldnt really move much, all these shots were shot from the car window (cept the dogs of course).

shot from tonight

youve been addicted to night shots huh!? looks amazing!

i just keep running out of time for my picture of the day so i end up shooting stuff at night. i can't wait to get my d300 so i have better results with less noise

always wanted to get some skating shots, so i went to the skate park today....grabbed some pictures and one for the contest as well...but here they are...
    i think the 3rd and the 5th are my favs outta this batch..

Default New pictures..

Shot these today...

Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
    Date/Time: 2009:02:02 13:10:38
    Resolution: 720 x 834
    Color/bw: Black and white
    Flash Used: No
    Focal Length: 105.0mm (35mm equivalent: 791...
    CCD Width: 4.78mm
    Exposure Time: 0.0016 s (1/640)
    Aperture: f/5.0
    ISO Equiv.: 100
    Whitebalance: Auto
    Metering Mode: matrix
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Manual

Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
    Date/Time: 2009:02:02 13:28:48
    Resolution: 800 x 809
    Flash Used: Yes (manual)
    Focal Length: 60.0mm (35mm equivalent: 466m...
    CCD Width: 4.64mm
    Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
    Aperture: f/7.1
    ISO Equiv.: 100
    Whitebalance: Auto
    Metering Mode: matrix
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Manual

nice pix! but this is why we have a random picture thread

Yeah i forgot about this thread.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PENCIL View Post
    Yeah i forgot about this thread.. lol
    well dont forget or ill fucking kill you!.....jk

where was your Jan entry???

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt View Post
    well dont forget or ill fucking kill you!.....jk

where was your Jan entry???
    lol.. sorry won't happen again.

Never had time to go out =/

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    for pun

fuck YES!

right clicked
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

>>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<

His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

Thread Information