Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Off topic Health and Fitness Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Even Steven View Post
    EVERYONE was in there doing abs and bis. that's it. it was IMPOSSIBLE to get bis done, so i just did legs twice.
    6 pack and killa bi's nikka whats g00d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmGoa...Ig&feature=sub

Tate at 9.5% body fat...guess he's still a fat slob...

no homo but no shots of his actual body? shit im 10-11% and my arms look awesome too

Quote Originally Posted by sfd View Post
    no homo but no shots of his actual body? shit im 10-11% and my arms look awesome too
    but there's nothing fat about being around 10-11% bf

have you done BF measurements?

Seig, just give it up about Tate. No one appreciated him except you.

PS: why does he talk like he just ran sprints?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaaady View Post
    Seig, just give it up about Tate. No one appreciated him except you.

PS: why does he talk like he just ran sprints?
    Everyone has different goals. It's funny how some people think he's a fat slob. The guy is in his what? late 30s or 40s? Weighs 270pounds and is at under 10% bf. That's impressive, but he's most known for creating the most efficient way to increase strength for power lifts. It's not about people not appreciating him, but omitting everything he represents because of a false image of being a fat slob.

P.S. looks like he did cardio

looks like he needs to do more cardio

So, I don't know if you guys remember me saying, but I hurt my back, back in Februrary by trying to move a couch (me = fail). The pain was pretty intense for a while, but got better by May. But since then, it still is giving me pain. I went to see an orthopedic last week, got x-rays, and he sent me for an MRI. Good news is I don't have any type of herniation, however I do have degenerative disc disease on my lowest disc and a bulging disc (are those the same thing?). My options at this point is to keep on doing core training, and I'm doing a month of PT to make sure I'm doing the right exercises. If all else fails, and the pain gets worse at some point, I have the option for injections. This pretty much means I can't do heavy dead-lifts or squats, at least that's what my doctor told me. That part really sucks, cause those are my favorites exercises.

I'm currently sitting at 228pounds. I've been losing weight the past month, and I'm going to try to get to 200 pounds by the end of the summer. I want to rid of all my stubborn fat so I can start a clean bulk, as well as possibly take less weight off my back (I noticed when I had my big weight loss a couple years ago, my back pain got considerably better). I'll take some pictures this summer and update that dusty old thread I had on here.

What kind of doctor did you go to? Did you go to an Orthopedic that knows and understands sports injuries/sports medicine well or just a general practitioner? How about your PT? Does the therapist know proper PT for athletes or do they usually just treat senior citizens recovering from hip and knee surgeries?

The reason i ask is because if you don't get treatment from doctors/therapists that actually deal with sports related injuries on a regular basis you're most likely just wasting your time and money. The doctors simply just tell you not to work out as if thats a viable option and in reality the proper exercises can very often help you. And the therapists will just rip you off, charging you stupid amounts of money for weekly sessions where they just do some basic stretches and BS resistance exercises that don't do a damn thing.

Also, avoid female Doctors and Therapists. They are thoroughly incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by bigd View Post
    What kind of doctor did you go to? Did you go to an Orthopedic that knows and understands sports injuries/sports medicine well or just a general practitioner? How about your PT? Does the therapist know proper PT for athletes or do they usually just treat senior citizens recovering from hip and knee surgeries?

The reason i ask is because if you don't get treatment from doctors/therapists that actually deal with sports related injuries on a regular basis you're most likely just wasting your time and money. The doctors simply just tell you not to work out as if thats a viable option and in reality the proper exercises can very often help you. And the therapists will just rip you off, charging you stupid amounts of money for weekly sessions where they just do some basic stretches and BS resistance exercises that don't do a damn thing.
    Well this is my doctor, he's an orthopedic http://www.healthgrades.com/director...io-md-7d6e67ad

He works at a sports and medicine place in Westwood NJ. I don't really know any more, but he was in my insurance coverage and he was close by. He told me to avoid heavy deadlifts/squats/rows and work on core training. I said I would prefer to try a PT place for a month to make sure I'm doing the correct exercises, so he issued me to take PT for 4 weeks. I haven't found a PT place just yet that is covered by my insurance.

So what should I look for when looking for a PT place?

Well your Dr. seems like he's not totally useless.

As far as a PT is concerned, you want one that actually deals with a lot of sports related injuries, implementing a more "rigorous" regimen that would be more suited for someone your age and capability, rather than treating you like an old man. For example, i know several friends that went to PTs with shoulder problems; four weeks into their program they were still doing internal and external rotation exercises with a 2.5 dumbbell and resistance bands for half of their one-hour session. Come on, seriously?

Your best bet is to find some people in your neck of the woods who have been in a situation similar to yours to get some recommendations for some good PTs. I've found the review sites like the one you posted aren't that useful. Maybe start a thread on a bodybuilding forum asking for recommendations around you. Ask around.

Sadly, your only choice other than that is to go to the PT and ask detailed questions about their plan for you during the first session. If it sounds like they're just going through the motions, giving you some generic plan, just find someone else. It's not the most useful advice, i know, but it's the best i can give. If you lived closer to me i would be able to give you some recommendations.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill definitely try to be more informed of the PT places I'll look at. It just sucks that I'll be restricting PT places to what my insurance can cover, but we'll see what I can do.

i have to start running again

and i hate running
    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousDX View Post
    Taylor Swift album of the year -150 TO THE BANKKKKKKKKK $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Even Steven View Post
    i have to start running again

and i hate running
    do you have access to a gym?

I finally got my dumb ass in to the hospital to get xrays done on my lower back, which has bothered me for as long as I can remember.

I just got a phone call from my doctor, and apparently the results aren't good. I have to go in next week and have a talk with her about what she found

"As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

Images

do you think she found a bundle of gold in there? Maybe she wants to split it wit you. Come on dude think positive.

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    after watching that video....this next one makes me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5VdG...1&feature=fvwp

Itís a large area to discuses and being Health and Fitness is the important thing of human life and we have to have a proper diet to be healthy and strong. At the same time continuing daily work outs helps to burn your extra fat and keep you healthy as well.

Images

Yes, my humongous dumps have been instrumental in staying healthy.

I love a nice relaxing shit.
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500
    1982 Honda GL1100 Naked/Bobber Project
    I came into this world naked, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I plan on leaving the same way.

I did a 225 leg-up bench press for the first time in a couple of years yesterday. feels good man.

attached pic is the only one i could find to describe the leg position i'm talking about

Thread Information