Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Off topic Health and Fitness Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by hero by day View Post
    it was even bothering me during back day so i had to switch from behind the head to front.
    I just read this.

Please, please, PLEASE stop doing anything "behind the head".

any reason why?

i have so much more strength going behind my head. lat pulldowns and seated military press i go behind the head.

1.) It has absolutely NO functional value at all.

2.) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, it is probably the most unsafe thing you could do in the gym. Pulling your neck and spine out of alignment while using heavy weight, while also having that much weight RIGHT ABOVE your cervical vertebrae puts yourself in the most vulnerable position imaginable.

Of all the things in the gym that people do wrong, that is the only thing I actually stop someone from doing because they can seriously, seriously injure themselves.

point taken.

my shoulder has been feeling messed up anyway time for a switch. your right about being unsafe. i seated military pressed 205 the other day with a 5'3 94 pound girl spotting me.

point taken.

my shoulder has been feeling messed up anyway time for a switch. your right about being unsafe. i seated military pressed 205 the other day with a 5'3 94 pound girl spotting me.

yea behind the head is also a lot harder on the shoulders

I've been fuckin killing it in the gym this week. It feels good.
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

yeah this week has been good. i was sick last week but came back strong this week.
    did 100x8 for chest press, 75x7 shoulder presses. fellt awesome

lol oldie but a goodie

Shoulder press 80x6 yesterday final set. Felt pretty good about it

hahaha that video. i seen it before but.. straight up retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by cased_eclipse View Post
    about damn time

Wing It On

Quote Originally Posted by cased_eclipse View Post
    that's some serious weight

I don't know if I could do that or not. I should try.
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

the scary part is just getting it in position. im horrible with getting the weight up for dumbbell military press. I can get 70 up by myself but anything higher i need a good spotter who pretty much has to lift the weight on my shoulders for me before i can start.

the scary part is just getting it in position. im horrible with getting the weight up for dumbbell military press. I can get 70 up by myself but anything higher i need a good spotter who pretty much has to lift the weight on my shoulders for me before i can start.
    kicking the weights up FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaaady View Post

yezzir

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaaady View Post
    far as i know, kicking up heavy weights for shoulder press puts insane stress on your shoulders, to the point where its unsafe, no?

whenever going heavy on SP i've always had the last heavy set brought up via spotter

not that it helped my shoulder from taking a shit

don't see how it would be all that much worse than having someone put that weight on your shoulder. you still have to support the weight either way.

Quote Originally Posted by c r a z y r a y View Post
    far as i know, kicking up heavy weights for shoulder press puts insane stress on your shoulders, to the point where its unsafe, no?

whenever going heavy on SP i've always had the last heavy set brought up via spotter

not that it helped my shoulder from taking a shit
    Well, the overall point of kicking up the weights is to take away that stress. Giving it that momentum to get up to starting position really isn't using any shoulders at all. Without a doubt, having a spotter bring the weights up is the best bet, but with heavy weight they won't be able to do it by themselves either lol

the hard part is when i used most of my energy to kick up the first weight and then i still have to get the second one up. I usually kick the weight up and have a spotter help me the rest of the way so i don't fail or have the weight get away from me.

^Yup. That works too.

knocked out a sets of 22 and 20 chinups today, then 15 wide grip. Not too shabby for not sleeping last night.

I kind of want to train my chinups, and see how many I could do. How many chinups would be impressive?

yeah, i know, i do weighted ones too. what would be an impressive amount of reps though? I see some pretty ripped up guys on youtube doing 30.

Thread Information