Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Off topic Health and Fitness Discussion

yeah it's a pretty insane thing to think about. I can't really imagine that much pressure
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

I trained my brother all through the off-season to get him prepared for this year's football season. He has never played organized football up until this point, but plays all the Madden and NCAA games. We put in some hard work, and it's really paid off for him.

He went from 6'4 175 to about 205, and he's gone from benching around 135 to about 210. He deadlifts about 400 pounds, squats about 285, and runs about a 4.8 in the 40.

In just his second game, he was going both ways, and got the coaches' "Big Hit of the Week" award. I'm super proud
    "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe and US law does not apply here. ...It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are fucking morons." -- The Pirate Bay

I was squatting one day and heard a pop in my head. Everytime I strained it felt like my brain was being stabbed. Freaked me out. Went away like a week later. I thought I was going to die.

my back is consistently ruined and I haven't squatted in like 3 weeks. This is ridiculous. Drinking 3 times a week doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by nhlfan View Post
    I trained my brother all through the off-season to get him prepared for this year's football season. He has never played organized football up until this point, but plays all the Madden and NCAA games. We put in some hard work, and it's really paid off for him.

He went from 6'4 175 to about 205, and he's gone from benching around 135 to about 210. He deadlifts about 400 pounds, squats about 285, and runs about a 4.8 in the 40.

In just his second game, he was going both ways, and got the coaches' "Big Hit of the Week" award. I'm super proud
    So the first week of the season, my bro was a back up on defense. He got in the game somehow, and totally impressed.

It's week three now, and he's starting on offense, defense, and all the special teams except kickoff

my back is consistently ruined and I haven't squatted in like 3 weeks. This is ridiculous. Drinking 3 times a week doesn't help either.
    noooo excuses! you are on the road to 315.

I was told I have a small tear in my bicep. Kinda noticed when my right arm felt like it was going to tear in half when I streched it, and a nasty looking red gash under my skin. I got some super-tylenol and was told to go on my merry way. God bless the military . Hasn't effected my strength though. I just wrap it really tight when I go to the gym.

I can't lift my shoulder up fast, i am a teacher and my hands will be always on blackboard, how to get relief from shoulder pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiery11 View Post
    I can't lift my shoulder up fast, i am a teacher and my hands will be always on blackboard, how to get relief from shoulder pain.
    go see an orthopedic

i got my wisdom teeth taken out last tuesday so i didnt bother going to the gym all week cuz i didnt want to fuck up the stitches from straining or whatever (plus i was all fucked up on vikes). so after a week of eating soup and applesauce i was expecting to have lost at least 5 lbs when i went in today. i was pleasantly surprised to weigh in at 217, and all my lifts were right on. If anything i think the week off really helped and gave my muscles a chance to recover, cuz today was one of the best days in the gym ive had in a while.
    now its time to kick the bulk into high gear, hopin to hit 235 by april

Quote Originally Posted by f3calmatt3r View Post
    i got my wisdom teeth taken out last tuesday so i didnt bother going to the gym all week cuz i didnt want to fuck up the stitches from straining or whatever (plus i was all fucked up on vikes). so after a week of eating soup and applesauce i was expecting to have lost at least 5 lbs when i went in today. i was pleasantly surprised to weigh in at 217, and all my lifts were right on. If anything i think the week off really helped and gave my muscles a chance to recover, cuz today was one of the best days in the gym ive had in a while.
    gotta love muscle memory.
    It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can
    thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on.

-Sun Tzu

It was only a week

I'm going to train the shit out of my bench press over the next...however long it takes

I want to take the sask junior mens provincial bench record for the 90kg class. The record isn't really that high as is, but it's going to take me some work to get there. I want to get this record while my grandpa is still around to see it.
    Last edited by nhlfan; 10-19-2008 at 05:39 PM.

^ whats the rec?

Wing It On

only 327lbs (shirted). I have a best of like 290 or something like that in a shirt. I won't be getting back into a shirt for quite a while, but I'll get as close to as I can raw.

wow i wish the records were like that around here.....i put up 335 when i weighed 185 lbs (84kg)

Wing It On

Quote Originally Posted by f3calmatt3r View Post
    one of the biggest problem with most lifters is that they underestimate rest

one of the benefits of a low population lol

CT has a pretty solid strength scene

one of the benefits of a low population lol

CT has a pretty solid strength scene

considering america's strongest man is from my hometown

Wing It On

Quote Originally Posted by Siegler View Post
    one of the biggest problem with most lifters is that they underestimate rest
    i agree with this via personal experience. i have a hard time taking days off because i love to work out and see results.

@ Siegler getting pissed about high fructose corn syrup

felt like my body was falling apart during my workout tonight. Very frustrating.

that road to 315 isn't going anywhere get to work!

my left shoulder all of the sudden went to shit. it was even bothering me during back day so i had to switch from behind the head to front.

all i see is a bunch of pussies and excuses

Thread Information