Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: p-spec im calling you out

Marginal not Margarine or Marge
    RHS 4-0

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I believe all you've listed staples does and probably for a LOT cheaper.
    So i really don't understand how your company survives other then
    customers with a lack of knowledge or maybe friends/family.
    well you'd hafta be retarded to think staples does any of that so i guess this is the end of that discussion.

Wing It On

oh and btw ive beaten out at least 2 dozen staples/office max contracts for office supplies since last april anyways.

low overhead = lower prices for the customer.......huge retail store locations and proprietary shipping carry a tremendous overhead that has to be built into the end user cost.

the only thing we get snuffed on is plain white copy paper which is the single most competitive item you can sell....we just choose not to even stock it and focus on everything else since its not worth my time/money to make a penny on a ream of paper

Wing It On

Images

Quote Originally Posted by P-SPEC View Post
    oh and btw ive beaten out at least 2 dozen staples/office max contracts for office supplies since last april anyways.

low overhead = lower prices for the customer.......huge retail store locations and proprietary shipping carry a tremendous overhead that has to be built into the end user cost.

the only thing we get snuffed on is plain white copy paper which is the single most competitive item you can sell....we just choose not to even stock it and focus on everything else since its not worth my time/money to make a penny on a ream of paper
    Seems like a lot of horseshit, I'll stick with staples account and at least know
    my items aren't n1ggerfied
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

PROFIT MARGINS ARE NOT MARGINALZ! OH NOES!!!!

What hardware and software do you sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    What hardware and software do you sell?
    Hardware - RISO HC5500:

it carries a $30,000-35,000 street value so its not exactly an impulse buy.....but getting just a single school district to pick it up is huge....its a pretty sick piece of machinery, 120 color ppm at less than .03 per page.

the selling point is the software, RISO DataTools:

http://www.risodatatools.com/

integrates with the hardware unit to create assessments based on state mandated metrics and more importantly its the first data-tracking software that will assess data dynamically from K-12 for an individual student, and provide a shit ton of feedback reports.

it seems to be taking well to the more impoverished cities with low test scores that are looking for a way to get their scores up and uncover root cause issues. the whole "No Child Left Behind" thing is actually on our side in terms of selling these big ticket items.

Wing It On

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Seems like a lot of horseshit, I'll stick with staples account and at least know
    my items aren't n1ggerfied
    k.

i dont wanna pick up anymore office supplies accounts really....its more cumbersome then anything and schools are a clean sale since they are all tax exempt

Wing It On

Images

Wasn't Offering you one
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

good cause if you read the post directly above yours you'd know that i dont want one.

Wing It On

I'm assuming you and your Dad don't install those.

want one for the house?

Images

good cause if you read the post directly above yours you'd know that i dont want one.

That's a marginal answer
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

install? lol....the freight company drops em off, no installing involved really.....i'll do a software training and overview at the districts Board of Ed. but thats about it.

Wing It On

Images

So how long till you merge with staples?
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

hmm that would be a pretty nice buy-out if we ever got big enough and Staples was looking for a full-line School Division. That would be awesome, I'd retire in my 20's and just live on the beach......unfortunately the fact that we're a small company that works only with a CT customer base at the present moment doesnt bode well for that scenario occuring any time soon.

Dan, thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain a little about my business, it was quite fun. Perhaps if things dont go well and Staples pwns us then i can move in with you and your mother? I won't make much noise and I can level up your WoW characterz while your at work if you'd like.

Wing It On

@ the WoW reference.

How much are you looking at expanding as a whole? National, global?

Dan, thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain a little about my business, it was quite fun. Perhaps if things dont go well and Staples pwns us then i can move in with you and your mother? I won't make much noise and I can level up your WoW characterz while your at work if you'd like.
    I Put the OK in Overkill
    ---
    FknTkn:this thread has given me so many orgasms its unbelieveable.
    nuklear: fcking hot girls and their hotness. I want to run a rape train on every girl in this thread

>>>>>The Award winning, 3x nominated, Greatest Thread in the history of HHU<<<

His bullet was close, I lost my hat. My bullet was closer, he lost his head.

Quote Originally Posted by cased_eclipse View Post
    @ the WoW reference.

How much are you looking at expanding as a whole? National, global?

right now theres so much business to focus in on just in CT.....CT is the richest state in the U.S. and the school's are no different....their budgets are enormous.

once we have CT on lock, regional expansion makes the most sense......tristate with Mass/NY/RI and then way down the line perhaps the Northeast.

really cant see getting any bigger than that without completely changing the dynamics of the company and instituting an in-house logistics core.....which would start deteriorating that sweet low overhead mentioned earlier.

Wing It On

I work with lots of logistics companies. Their overhead is insane, and they spend tons of money.

I work with lots of logistics companies. Their overhead is insane, and they spend tons of money.
    precisely.

id rather make $100,000 GP per month with $17,000 in expenses than $2.5 million gross with expenses of $2.8 million.......

work hard, stay small.

Wing It On

Images

That's actually a really nice offer. I'm glad you're you were able to explain
    your marginal bussiness to all of us and show us how much more money
    you make then staples.

Well, the door is always open for you to come over. You can make as much
    noise as you want also. There isn't any rooms next to mine that would cause
    a conflict. Don't worry about leveling my account, I have a program that
    does it for me. No need to waste time with leveling..
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

lmao this thread is great.
    2008 TSX 6mt navi

Images

PS: YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLY WEBSITE LOOKS LIKE SHIT
    06' Audi A4 S-Line

Thread Information