Thread: Internals

Default Internals

I was wondering, what does it mean to build your internals? What are the benefits on a B16A2?

im doin it! camshafts, pistons, rods, cranck, valve train...
    right now iv got camshafts and an working on the valve train.
    u will rev higher faster, be faster, run better, good alround! oh and upgrade to new ecu or obd1 (they call it piggyback, look it up) this will give power!
    shhh! my cars supposed to be stock!

Quote Originally Posted by black_lokie_Si
    and upgrade to new ecu or obd1 (they call it piggyback, look it up) this will give power!
    could you elaborate on that
    1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed
    Quote Originally Posted by black_lokie_Si
    and upgrade to new ecu or obd1 (they call it piggyback, look it up) this will give power!
    could you elaborate on that
    with new internals his car can take higher rpms but with the stock rev lemiter wont lethim so he should:
    1. buy a obd2 chiped ecu
    2. get the skunk2 obd2 to obd1 conversion harness and ecu (less restriction and sensors) from what im told this way offers more power.

u can buy an ecu that will let u rev tell 9,5k or some dont have rev limiters
    i raced a sohc vtec hatch with bullfrog head work and some internals the damn thing revs tell 8,7k in sohc! it still lost but he has traction problems.

ok, i was just confused about calling it "piggyback". piggyback is a product that modifies a signal to your existing ecu. like a v-afc, venom400, etc. a "new ecu" is a standalone like aem's EMS, accel's dfi, and PMS. Chips are shit (yeah even the skunk2) and standalone is the best theyre expensive $1000+
    1.8T

ya im gettin my v-afc and a mugen ecu

ecu

Thread Information