Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: **Newbies**Introduce Yourself here!

^^clean car, pics of the engine bay?

haven't seen you in a while ouija...

"bitches love me cause they know that i can rock"

Hey,

I'm mark. I live in south nashville. I'd like to consider myself mechanically inclinded. I've always gravitated toward cars and such as long as i can remember. Not to be arrogant, i know i still have alot to learn.

Cars/Trucks i've owned: 95 accord ex
    87 chevy s-10 (s-10 stands for slow....to the 10th power)
    86 celica gt-s (surprisingly fun)

and most recently, 92 civic hb.

Mods:

Engine: JDM H22a w/ lsd
    P13 ecu
    HCP mounts
    Custom fabbed/tucked engine harness (wired by yours truly)
    91 accord fuel rail
    Powder coated aluminum intake
    Shop fabbed hi-flow exhaust
    N1 muffler (cocked like a mo-fo)
    NGK iridium plugs
    No powersteering and no a/c to lag it down

Body: Homesprayed paint job
    Front lip
    Cut out front grille
    Hid headlights
    Amber corners
    (I tried to keep the outside as clean/simple as possible)

Interior: 97 ek seats
    Chromoly six point rollcage
    4 point harness
    Autometer tach (cuz i dont have one on my gauge cluster )

Suspension: Gsr front/rear conversion
    Neuspeed springs
    Circuit 8 style wheels

And that's about it. I may do a few more things, but thats basically how i want it to stay for now.

Mark you need to put PIX in our PIX sections of the finished product.

Hey im Chase. Rite now i have a 1990 acura integra GSR. But i just got into an accident so i have to start a new project (CRX GSR). Thats why i am here to get as much advice as possible and help.
    BFC

Default Oldster Newbie

Hi, my name is none of your business, but I'm from PA, 47 y/o and more interested in maximizing my mpg.

My first Honda was purchased 2 years ago (Aug '05) a 94 Civic EX Cpe w/140K, bought for $3000 cash. Recently I've gotten over 45 mpg hwy by driving like a grandma (I keep the blue hair wig in the glove box) and using every driving trick I know (55 mph on the interstate, coasting, shutting off at long lights, etc.) to maximize mpg.

It now has 172K, and I've averaged over 37 mpg for the whole time I've owned it.

Tomorrow I'm trading up to a 96 Civic EX Cpe w/127K for $2,500 cash plus the 94 EX. It already has a CIA. I'm having it serviced next week (belts and plugs) and am putting the 15" emo wheels on it that I bought for the 94 EX.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on ways to customize it to increase the mpg, short of removing parts.

Thanks.

^^welcome.

as far as gas mileage goes...keep up to date on all your basic maintenance, air filter, spark plugs. also make sure you stay on top of your tire pressure, make sure you tires are running at the correct psi.

keep any unnecessary things out of the trunk, run injector cleaner maybe once a month, change your oil every 3k miles, accelerate wide-open throttle under 3k rpms (usually when getting on the highway).

i know there are more...try searching for some more idea. i have a 2004 civic, i took out my back seats, drove 300 miles from ct to nj doing between 60-70 and whenever i accelerated i went WOT and got 50mpg.

oil chg every 3k i do, new belts and plugs next week, the CIA has a KnN on it (i put a KnN in the '94) and i'll do the injector cleaner thingy too. don't fully understand the WOT under 3K rmps logic though. i read the post referencing the R&T article on WOT but didn't really understand the thinking behind it. explain in non-gear head terms if possible plz.

I'll be driving about 150 miles down to fairfax, VA sunday and then back to PA on thurs, working in that area all week, so i'll have a decent reference point for future mpg.

thanks for the reply rickster,

chip

basically, by going WOT your upping the air on the air/fuel ratio, so it runs a just a little leaner. i tried it for about a month and averaged 42mpg, so no complaints here.

so basically i'm just running up through the gears as quickly as i can, shifting when the tach hits 3K, versus accel'ing smoothly at a moderate pace, correct?

Default Only a d13b2 Driver from germany

HI
    my name is Martin,
    i was born in England and life in Germany.
    Im 23 Years old.
    Job: Truck Mechanik

I know, you prefer JDM .
    But i just want to know what you think about my car?

Iv`e build on it since 4 Years.
    At first it looked like that:

After 4 Years :

Next i need new Rims and it has to become more to the floor.

After that i want to put an b16a2 in it
    Team GroundZero Motorsports Germany

www.Groundzeromotorsport.de Offline

Whats up, my name is Brian. I actually don't drive a civic...yet...I have a 95 GSR sedan with a couple of bolt on's. Im in the process of selling it and buying a 91 EF w/ZC. Pretty much, Im here to meet some other honda heads and learn and teach as much as possible. Thanks.

welcome to everyone!!!!

Default me

Hello everyone. My name is Amanda. I am 18 and from PA. I have a 1988 Honda CRX Si. It is bone stock with a 1.6 non v-tech in it. Body is rough but once I get some extra cash I will be fixing it and hopefully painting it a pearl white.

Hi my name is Jame "thewolfman". I have a 94 honda civic dx that real close now to tuneing it up. need help with engine swap. Would like to know if i could put a 200hp 98accord in the 94 civic. Also how the engine swap works.

Quote Originally Posted by 88HondaCRXSi
    Hello everyone. My name is Amanda. I am 18 and from PA. I have a 1988 Honda CRX Si. It is bone stock with a 1.6 non v-tech in it. Body is rough but once I get some extra cash I will be fixing it and hopefully painting it a pearl white.
    hello. welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfman
    Hi my name is Jame "thewolfman". I have a 94 honda civic dx that real close now to tuneing it up. need help with engine swap. Would like to know if i could put a 200hp 98accord in the 94 civic. Also how the engine swap works.
    and which motor is this? what engine code? J30A1 V6 would be a bitch to put in. never known anyone to put a V6 in a civic....H22 or K20 would prolly be more reasonable.

hEY MY name is Isaiah. I have a 95 civic dx that pretty much sitting on blocks right now because it needs a vaulve job. Future plans would be to build a ls/vtec engine with ITR cams,intake manifold,header,throttle body and transmission with project mu twin disc clutch and flywheel but right now I really just want to get back on the road so I think Im just going to start of with a d16y8 or d15b and boost it until I save up some more money for the good stuff but with so many possibilities do i really want to start with a d engine?

the choice is yours holy man! took me almost 4 years to figure out what i wanted

Quote Originally Posted by civcmatt
    hello. welcome.

and which motor is this? what engine code? J30A1 V6 would be a bitch to put in. never known anyone to put a V6 in a civic....H22 or K20 would prolly be more reasonable.

thanks for info and ill look, just makeing a wish list.

Well thought I'd chime in, I'm scott from kansas, and I drive a 1991 Acura NSX 5speed, also have a 2000 mitsu eclipse daily driver.

Nsx upgrades
    Comptech Headers
    Comptech Exhaust
    Comptech Suspension
    Akimoto Intake
    Exedy Twin-disc clutch

Gonna do the nsx-r conversion sometime soon.

hello.
    i'm really new to the car tuning world, but i've been in love with civics since the first time i rode in one at 17. my first and current is a '93 civic dx coupe, but soon i'll be selling it to a friend and hopefully not long after that replacing it with a '95 hb. the '93 is pretty torn up, the previous owner didn't take very good care of it, and my buyer's good enough at repairs to deal with it, whereas i'd rather replace it with something a little newer and in general better shape. thing is, i don't know much, but i'm a fast learner and have a knack for physical science. i'm not into racing, but i get a particular personal kick out of driving. i am willing to put as much love and care into it as it takes to get it where i want it, and, well, as far as what i want to do... i don't know really, i suppose that's what i'm hear to find out. i want to learn the ins and outs of the engine, the kind of know how that can only be gained by hands on expirience. if you cant tell already i'm a bit of a romantic and believe wholly in the raw bond between man and machine.
    LB
    more a question than a curse, "how could hell be any worse?"

hello there. welcome aboard! stick around you have plenty of time to figure out what you wanna do with the newly saught out Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Building
    Hey im Chase. Rite now i have a 1990 acura integra GSR. But i just got into an accident so i have to start a new project (CRX GSR). Thats why i am here to get as much advice as possible and help.
    the gsr came out in 92. either you have a swapped car, or you don't know what you're talking about.
    ~ 2001 Silverstone Metallic Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    my little rod broke off

welcome err'body
    本田1991 Acura Integra H22A-LSD本田
    ^Click For Info On Car^
    VTEC is NOT "V-tec", "V-TEC", "V-tech", "V-TECH", "VTECH", "V-TEK", "vtech", "vtec", "vortech", "Vtec", or "Vtech". It's CAPITAL VTEC.
    No dashes, no lower case, no extra letters, not anything other than the correct and only spelling of VTEC. Period.

Talking And So it goes....

Name is Bill however I go by the nick name of Tuck. My daily driver ride is a 1999 Civic DX. Scoots like a Scalded Cat. Stock 4 Banger with 5 speed coupe. 111000 miles on the car. Clean as can be. No real plans for Mods other than to upgrade wheels and tires to a more stable, performance set up for highway speeds. Cold air intake is a definite add on along with brake upgrades for more responsive braking. No exterior mods other than a possible spoiler...correct for the car, not one of the after market types...and a re-skin of the upholstery. I put about 80 miles per day on it and all at speeds between 70 and 90 depending upon traffic flow. CA seems to have different speeds depending upon the area. That sums up the Honda side of my cars. My others are all Big Block MOPARS from the 60's and a 2001 Dodge Ram for my heavy duty work. I am somewhat of a motor head and shade tree mechanic. So most things I am capable of doing. I just retired from the AF last August so I have time to do the things I want to my rides. Looking to establish this Civic more as a Touring Coupe/Sleeper as opposed to "Tweeking" it out. Comes from my MOPARS and how the are built. Classic but fast. On a final note, this is not the first nor the last Honda I will own. Best car for the buck and mainstay in todays car world...My 2 cents...

Thread Information