Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: **Newbies**Introduce Yourself here!

^ not in the civic forum at least

my name's kacy, i been on honahookup for a little over a year now. i drive a 97 honda civic ex. my goal is to learn more about honda performance and have my car moderately "hooked up" to run with some of the people in my town. i'm also starting to learn cheaper is not better lol and trying to get back to a clean look. so far i mainly have cheap mods bought off ebay which are:

performance: cold air intake
    exhaust tip from local shop then welded to "custom" piping by midas
    exterior style: altezza tail lights (in the process of switching to 00 tail lights)
    16" white nippon racing rims with silver lip
    black housing dual halo projector headlights
    jdm side markers (not yet installed)
    front lip (recently purchased not yet installed)
    all black grille
    interior style: white and black seat covers
    currently have a few things in the interior painted white
    green neons (also behind front grille)
    sony xplod head unit
    2 12" jl audio subs in custom enclosure with ppi? amplifier (not sure of amplifier brand got it from my brother-in-law)

some of my future things i have in mind and trying to get the money for is a new exhaust system, intake manifold, painted valve cover and wire looms to dress up engine, header, new rims (not sure what color or brand yet), new seat interior actually done by shop, new headliner, 00 civic climate control bezel so i can put in a lcd screen and dvd player. i'm always trying to save up money to do stuff to my car but it's hard when i have to pay rent and dont make much money. it's always a long work in progress but i'm hoping one day i get there.
    your neighborhood noob

welcome welcome welcome.

lotta potential with these cars you guys have. you gotta remember, how much and i willing to spend and how much hp am i trying to gain. i'd say most of you though should be aiming for 200whp or lower. anything high would require a lot of maintenance and driving experience.

don't forget everyone, read through the FAQs. that is where a lot of us (at least i did) started when i joined this site. all i did was read about everything i could find, its gets you far and takes time. nothing good came over night.

"bitches love me cause they know that i can rock"

Quote Originally Posted by rick1574
    welcome welcome welcome.

lotta potential with these cars you guys have. you gotta remember, how much and i willing to spend and how much hp am i trying to gain. i'd say most of you though should be aiming for 200whp or lower. anything high would require a lot of maintenance and driving experience.

don't forget everyone, read through the FAQs. that is where a lot of us (at least i did) started when i joined this site. all i did was read about everything i could find, its gets you far and takes time. nothing good came over night.
    QFT

And read through these:http://www.hondahookup.com/info/
    They have alot of information. Before I even started posting, I read through these articles. I actually didn't even know there was a forum at the time. I just came for the service manuals.

yeah dont come in here all stupid like me and pretend everyone knows what they are talking about and they dont really

Quote Originally Posted by enigma9789
    yeah dont come in here all stupid like me and pretend everyone knows what they are talking about and they dont really
    look whose talking!

you still think ef/ed3 > em2 then you clearly don't know what your talking about!

Hey to each thier own. I prefer the EW4 Civics over all of them.

^^ RICK, hey there are 5 other threads for that nonsense keep this out of my buddys thread.... oh yea you started it, oh well im gunna come steal your tires

if you wake up one morning and your car is sitting on an old D15 with no wheels you will know why
    ill leave a note that says ED3 > *

Default Harris here

Hi guys...

I drive a Civic 95 with a D15b3 SoHC non-vtec (carburator) motor. lame rite.i know..the car is pretty much stock so far. Got some suspension issues & some body work also. honda parts are a bit expensive here although there are new models thrown in the market every couple of years. Anyways...recently got my head gaskit changed coz my block...oh my... is in very bad shape..tryin to find a new one...either i'll get all the things fixed on this car or mayb i'll go to buy a civic '2k. any suggestions.. welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn
    Hi guys...

I drive a Civic 95 with a D15b3 SoHC non-vtec (carburator) motor. lame rite.i know..the car is pretty much stock so far. Got some suspension issues & some body work also. honda parts are a bit expensive here although there are new models thrown in the market every couple of years. Anyways...recently got my head gaskit changed coz my block...oh my... is in very bad shape..tryin to find a new one...either i'll get all the things fixed on this car or mayb i'll go to buy a civic '2k. any suggestions.. welcome...
    Location? Curious due to Carbed motor

In fact, I do think that location should be posted in all introductions. Who knows who you might be near. Then you might have somebody that might be able to stop by and help out and vice versa.

According to internet statistic sites (see lounge for thread on HHU), we have quite a few Venezuelans on this site.

Default Location . . .

Me from Karachi, Pakistan. A bit far from u.

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn
    Me from Karachi, Pakistan. A bit far from u.
    i bet his ew4 could make the trip.

and gustav, is that your car in your sig? i saw an 87 si for sale in a classified section on h-t and thought of you...

Nope, it's not my car, mine's black and all disassembled right now. But it's a really great looking Si.

I might be in the market for another one next year or so. I might get a Rabbit Cabby though. Enjoy the sun a little bit. And maybe an older Honda motorcycle.

Default location

i'm located in allentown pa, bout 45 minutes north of philly
    your neighborhood noob

Hey ya'll, I'm Scott and i'm 27. All my friends call me Skip. I am from Texas originally but live in Indiana now. I drive an old 92 prelude...yeah i know...slow, heavy, and fat!....but i like it. Future mods are kind of on hold for the moment (due to a baby coming that should be here any day!). Eventually i will be swapping motors, and just cleaning up the exterior(keeping it mostly stock looking). I sell cars so i usually don't have much to do but to read posts, i.e. Batmans build (f*n sick and looking great!) and read the entire civic off topic forum(great reading! lol). I've learned quite a bit since being on here these last few months and i'm excited to learn more! Ya'll have a great site going here and i wouldn't change a thing!! Ya'll take care and be good to one another! -Skip-
    American by birth, southern by heritage.

glad u like our nonsense in the off topic lol! quality posts. but welcome. post a bit more

well i would post more but i don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong or step on any toes! lol that and i don't know very much about honda's right yet....but i can sell one! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skip47304
    well i would post more but i don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong or step on any toes! lol that and i don't know very much about honda's right yet....but i can sell one! lol

how ya learn

i didnt know that much either just a tiny bit. check out the faq stickey...its a good reading in there! lots of good info.

lol that's what i've been spending my day doing

Hello,

My name is Skin and I have owned quite a few Hondas.

1. 89 Accord (stick)
    2. 96 Accord (auto)
    3. 01 Civic Ex (stick)
    4. 98 Prelude Base (stick)
    5. Maybe a 94 Del Sol coming up here?

I like to drive the Vtec and I like to work on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by gustav129
    You mods are too nice.

this is a flame free thread..i will delete flame if i see it..trying to keep it positive enough

Thread Information