Thread: blockguar question?

Exclamation blockguar question?

hey guys what u think about them blockguard? are they any good ?
    i have a crx with a b18a1 ls motor is fully build but with stock sleeves. i just want to run like 350 to 400hp do i need to put a blockguar in the block or is waste of money?
    please help i need to know so i can finsh putting my motor together
    thxs
    how much boost can u run with this setup? stock sleeves

egle rods
    wisco pistons
    toga bearings and oil pump
    toga gasket set
    main studs
    head studs
    complete valve train
    turbo camshaft
    exedy valve job, port and polish, stage 3 port work
    is fully build but i still have few questions before i finish puttin it together
    thxs

It depends on too many variables what kind of power you will make at what psi. What will you be tuning with, what turbo are you running, what is your static CR? What are the specs on the cams and valvetrain?

More info is needed before a solid answer can be given. A blockguard wouldnt hurt, but in my opinion they are garbage.
    Stolen: 1995 Integra GS-R

Now: 2000 Berlina Black S2000

Eh, I dont know that I would trust a block guard for too much more power than I'd trust stock sleeves.

yeah they are hype, and i have one... pointless, they dont save a thing...

the only way a block gaurd truly works is if it is welded in, and if you are going to go through that kinda trouble for piece of mind, u may as well go with a sleeved block..

becuase a block gaurd is just a false sense of security... imho....

if you want to run a stock block.. use a built ls bottom end, slap a vtec head on it with gsr cams, throw 13 pounds at it and you will put down 330hp... (if you run a .63 a/r turbo)
    and still be safe as long as you dont get boost happy and crank it up past 15.....

well i done spend all that money into my ls motor so im going to stick with it so my question is how much boost the block would take ? 350hp? with hondata s200? and t3/t4 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by crxb16aswap
    well i done spend all that money into my ls motor so im going to stick with it so my question is how much boost the block would take ? 350hp? with hondata s200? and t3/t4 turbo

alot of that depends on the internals u have within the block and the tune....and the type of gas u use, c16 91 93 100+ octane

Cool

AS i understand it the blockguard doesnt really do anything but keep the cylinders from flexing and walking around. I wouldnt waste my time on a block guard i would go with getting it resleeved or getting the block converted to closed deck.
    I heard from my tuner before Jim at Motorvations he tunes Hondata, that if you want to do it the right way get it resleeved. Im with Teghoe on this one dont waste youre time with a blockguard resleeve it if you have the money.

Post I use them

Supposedly the best way to use a blockguard or the only effective way to use one is to have it installed and then to have to cylinders bored afterwards. Why? I don't know. On a stock Ls bottom end you could probably run 10-12 psi safely with a good tune without any problems. I had a stock ls running 15 and it didn't survive too long.
    93 Integra "GS-R"

B18C, ported and polished head, civic si pistons, act stage II clutch, Axis Maglites, Cat-less 2.5" exhaust.

Trained in the art of psi Krazed's Avatar
    My Boost technique is strong, you are no match!

my block guard was fucking awesome, not only did it save my block lke it was supposed to, it lasted fine under heavy stress at 400hp on a basicly stock boosted motor.

Cool

THIS IS TO BLIND ATTACK........................

Yeah but of much boost were you running and how many miles did you run that amount of boost. Furthermore how big was the dam turbo and how much cfm did it flow? When professionals build these things they either usually close deck the block or resleeve it and i would say most of the time they resleeve it.
    They install blockguards as well but the usually resleeve the block along with that. The only thing the blockguard really does is stop the cylinders from walking around.
    Yeah your motor might have held 400 horsepower. I was running like 11 pounds on a 57 trim turbo with 0.63 exhaust and 0.50 Area Ratio and it made 332 whp 249 ft lbs.
    Im not saying an engine cant sustain this but sooner or later the dam thing gonna go up in smoke pistons will melt, rods will snap, (or even maybe more likely it will damage the tranny), especially if the engine is on stock internals like mine.
    I dont know what engine youre doing this to but i know 400 horsepower is alot for any honda engine to run with a turbo on stock internals.

Quote Originally Posted by IntegraTurbopresser350
    THIS IS TO BLIND ATTACK........................

Yeah but of much boost were you running and how many miles did you run that amount of boost. Furthermore how big was the dam turbo and how much cfm did it flow? When professionals build these things they either usually close deck the block or resleeve it and i would say most of the time they resleeve it.
    They install blockguards as well but the usually resleeve the block along with that. The only thing the blockguard really does is stop the cylinders from walking around.
    Yeah your motor might have held 400 horsepower. I was running like 11 pounds on a 57 trim turbo with 0.63 exhaust and 0.50 Area Ratio and it made 332 whp 249 ft lbs.
    Im not saying an engine cant sustain this but sooner or later the dam thing gonna go up in smoke pistons will melt, rods will snap, (or even maybe more likely it will damage the tranny), especially if the engine is on stock internals like mine.
    I dont know what engine youre doing this to but i know 400 horsepower is alot for any honda engine to run with a turbo on stock internals.

+1

Thread Information