PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

OsirisCa02
03-24-2002, 03:57 AM
If you live in Cali can u tell me what is the lowest I can Lower my car. For everyone one else can u please give me suggestion for suspension kit. I heard that Neuspeed and ground control are good choices. Give me suggestions please.

fiasco88
03-24-2002, 04:07 AM
Always have heard good stuff about ground control. Heard bad stuff about Nuespeeds.

clrkh23a1
03-24-2002, 03:11 PM
i like the intrax & eibauch lowering springs personally

Hkman78
03-24-2002, 04:16 PM
are you looking for springs or coilover? what is ur budget for suspension?

Hybrid Hatch
03-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Tanabe Sustec pro.... thats all i have to say

quicksilver
03-24-2002, 10:29 PM
i live in KC but i heard something about Cali having a law where the center of your headlights must be atleast 22" from the ground. so bust out the yard stick!

92TypeR
03-25-2002, 02:08 PM
Tien RS if you are very serious, otherwise the Tien HA seris is still one of the best out there. About the same price as the Tanabe but a little more expesnsive, but better imo.

S2-Raw
03-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Police in California are ASS HOLES, I repeat ASS HOLES. The law goes by how many mm your headlights are from the ground. I have Neuspeed race springs and it's about a two-inch drop. I got pulled over one night and the cop busted out his tape measure and said my car needed to be raised three inches :???: Umm, does anyone else see a problem? Even if I put the stock springs back in, my car will still be one inch too low?
It all depends on the cop. Some will bust out their tape measures and some won't even give you second look. It all really matters on if they're an asshole or not.

GEN2LSINTEGRA
03-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Like GS-RAW said, it depends on the cop. The law in Cali is that your headlights can not be lower than 20 or 22 inches(measuring from the ground up). I have a set of progressive springs which droped my ride 2 inches all around and I dont have much of a problem with cops. My friend has a set of neuspeeds or eibach and his tires tuck and he has more of a problem with cops then I do. I had the some problem when my ride sat 4-5 inches off the ground without a body kit. If you are going to get your ride lowered go with either somthen with a 2-2.5(front) inch drop or get coilovers so you can adjust the ride hieght if you do get a fix it ticket. Go with Ground control, or Skunk2 coilovers. I have heard good things about them. I like my Progresive sprigs with Tokico shocks/struts, they are firm giving better traction then what I had when I had neuspeed. My Neuspeed and KYB shocks bounced alot. :grin:

BlackAc
03-26-2002, 07:40 AM
If I had to deal with that shit i would just say f%ck it, and buy a big a$$ truck or something. That sucks - glad i live in Ohio

I like my sportlines, they dropped the car about 1.5-2.0 inches i'd say