PDA

View Full Version : pullies

96integsr
03-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Does anyone have any unorthodox or aem pullies on their car? It seems like a good mod, but i haven't read about anyone on here having them? Should I get them or spend my money elsewhere?

XAcidManX
03-28-2002, 06:28 PM
I heard they are good as long as you don't have a stereo over 300 watts cause it decreases the altinator output. Also at idle your lights dim for the same reason. Its a good idea because it takes the parasitic load off your engine giving you more power, but i guess if you also drive at night and have a loud stereo they arn't that good. Hope that helps. :grin:

venomous
03-28-2002, 07:03 PM
A freind of mine has them and as lon he doesnt have his lights on while the AC is on hes fine. When he does this, his car discharges alot. Other than that they are great.

S2-Raw
03-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Every pulley on my car has been changed. I've used AEM, and Unorthodox. I have NEVER experienced any of the problems that were just described. If I were you, I would just go with the unorthodox crank pulley. It really frees up some HP. The others really don't do Jack. They’re more for looks. As a matter of fact I have a lot of extras. If you’re interested in some used pulleys I have two sets of AEM. Both the power steering pulley and the alternator pulley. I have blue and silver. Let me know if you’re interested.

96integsr
03-31-2002, 11:00 PM
If they don't do anything, I don't want them.

S2-Raw
04-01-2002, 09:33 PM
That's a Great answer!!!!!!!! :smile: