PDA

View Full Version : Fucking pressure plates done...

631 Teggy
05-04-2002, 11:41 PM
By the way it just took me 5 tries to type that title correctly...

Anyways:

Yeah So I'm driving around. I go to race my friend when my pressure plate decided, "Yeah I'm done for the night"... Won't grab for shit. So as the story goes in first gear i wasn't pulling(nooone was in my car either)... This kids got a fucking Pontiac Sunfire!!! He's pullling on me. I keep with him in first but when I fucking shifted into second I let go of the clutch fast, and then floared it like I normally do, and the clutch says "Fuck that I'll wait a sec before I grab" So now I'm getting nervous this kids POS is keeping up. Well thank god for high RPM capabilities and vtec, cause after that shift I whooped him by a car length(in a parking lot like maybe 1/5 of a mile long... but I also had a puddle of wet shit on my seat... I pooped my pants...

So anyways I do some tests to see if it was the plates... It was. I got no torque to the wheels when I start out, it won't even peel out anymore... I tried starts in 1st reving to like 3 g's and dropping it.. It won't grab... Anyways, I'm pissed as all hell... I think I might go to Acura monday and make them put a new one in(pressure plate) cause I just got the car a couple of months ago certified...

What do you guys think? Acura?, or high pressure aftermarket plates?

phatprld9
05-05-2002, 12:34 AM
What year is the car?

Toda Party
05-05-2002, 02:38 AM
well see if it acura will replace it.

if not then pick up an act HD pressure plate. stock pedal feel, much better grip over stock

92TypeR
05-05-2002, 04:26 AM
ummm...definately try acura first, its free. After that, then go aftermarket...and the ACT does feel pretty much like stock, except it grabs like a motha!

PROFILES2000
05-05-2002, 09:49 AM
acura wont do it. but do what someone said and get an ACT clutch i have it and i love it. i would get the 6 puck clutch with a heavy duty pressure plate. it works great. btw i use the same brand clutch and love it

631 Teggy
05-05-2002, 11:12 AM
What do you guys think of this kit:

Advance Clutch Technology Clutch Set Clutch Assemblies. These ACT Clutch Set includes heavy duty pressure plates, street strip disc release bearings and pilot bearings. -- $394.00

Sound good?

631 Teggy
05-05-2002, 11:15 AM
Oh yeah I got a 98 GSR for the kid who asked... i think the last owner didn't know how to drive cause they must have torn apart the pressure plate...

Toda Party
05-05-2002, 11:55 AM
either that or the exedy unit

http://www.clutchcityonline.com

has a good deal on them

phatprld9
05-05-2002, 08:28 PM
On 2002-05-05 11:15, 631 Teggy wrote:
Oh yeah I got a 98 GSR for the kid who asked... i think the last owner didn't know how to drive cause they must have torn apart the pressure plate...

OK, cuz i was wondering y the clutch would go, cuz if ur gonna take it back to the dealer then it must b a new car.