PDA

View Full Version : Call Out!

STOCKLS1
02-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Etown, imports vs domestics. I've been asked to invite George(red Formula) down to race a friend (white Turbo Ram-Air). If anyone can contact George let me know on here, we'll try to set something up. Thanks

roadrunner
02-13-2003, 03:23 PM
are we betting $ on this...and from my experience its impossible during Imports/Domestics to set up a race you want on the track.... best bet is to run the mexican test track in nanuet...I tried to get a race with the lotus TT who was my friend and we both wanted to ine up and the track guys said its not going to happen on that day...just wanna throw that out there so we dont get down there planning for it to happen and it doesn't go off :)

Racer X
02-13-2003, 07:22 PM
They could always race on the street somehwere along the way. :)

SSHORTY
02-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Or maybe they could race on a non event night at the track

chameleonls1
02-14-2003, 12:31 AM
They could always race on the street somehwere along the way.

good idea

SleepnZJ
02-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Knowing George I believe he will respectfully decline your offer to meet and race at E-Town. You have a better chance of Harry Potter flying by on his nimbus 2000 then trying to get a match between two domestic cars on an import Vs. domestic event day. If your friend is not that timid, he is more then welcome to come to spring valley and set something up with George on the street. I don't want this to break out into a flame war or a back and forth about who's afraid; aghast; anxious or fearful of doing it on the street as opposed to the track. Lets set up a time to do this and try and bypass the redirect that so commonly happens in this type of situation.

Racer X
02-14-2003, 07:28 AM
That red formula is pretty sweet,sounds awesome and should have a nice launch with those tires on the back,what are they Hoosiers?That is a NHRA edition car right?Me and a friend were on the Garden state in an SS and he flew past us like we were standing still,must have been going 150mph because were were at 70 or 80 and it was like we weren't moving,he was on it for about a 1/2 mile. :o

onesillynotch
02-14-2003, 08:45 AM
psitsidsmoc..why dont you list your freinds full name like you did george's? :nodno: pleasedont write full names on the board when refrencing to races

STOCKLS1
02-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Onesillylittleboy- get the name right! I layed an offer to race at the track, is that illegal? His name is Adam, he would like to race at the track. He has done the SV thing, he'd rather do it at the TRACK. This is from his mouth. If using full names offended anyone I'm sorry.

Either way, this will be for money. He wants to do it at the track, but I know the "RED FORMULA" is for sale, so who knows how long he'll have it. Let's see if the Turbo Ram-Air can better 11.17! if the Formula is gone, maybe onesillyfiremanboy would like to run that Stang he always drives(black one).

RAM ROD
02-14-2003, 03:32 PM
onesillyfiveoh the white car he is talking about is 4.6 liter eater remember him

onesillynotch
02-14-2003, 03:48 PM
yea if that car had a HH name it would be onesilly13secTTLS1

SSHORTY
02-14-2003, 05:19 PM
lol

roadrunner
02-14-2003, 06:55 PM
why wouldn't 2 street racers just race on the street? :-?

roadrunner
02-14-2003, 06:57 PM

Would I be onesillyfreckle? :yup:

tjsupra94
02-14-2003, 07:35 PM
iculuken,
onesillyfiveoh the white car he is talking about is 4.6 liter eater remember him
I remeber that car, turbo TA, had alot of problems last time i seen it

RAM ROD
02-15-2003, 02:13 AM
yeah tj i heard all the problems have been worked out and he going after the red t/a so you know he has some thing up his sleeve to go after that car

onesillynotch
02-15-2003, 09:08 AM
it will be a good race

onesillynotch
02-15-2003, 09:34 AM
o shit at first i thopught it was a 3.8 turbo ta but now i relize its a LS1 turbo..against a N/A LS1???not to be a dick but i hope your buddy doesnt loose..N/A bolt on car vs a turbo LS1?..i hope your giving a spot

STOCKLS1
02-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Yes, that's the car, 13 second Turbo TA. It's a single turbo though, not a TT. He is giving nothing, HEADS UP. Seeing as the Formula is damn near 10s, and the Ram Air is in the 13s, should be a gimme'. Let us know what the deal is, if anyone knows or has heard anything. Place your bets...

roadrunner
02-15-2003, 02:40 PM
i got $300 on the red one :)

RAM ROD
02-15-2003, 03:04 PM
i got my dough on the red one as well

godzilla
02-15-2003, 03:23 PM
i got my dough on the red one as well

my money is on the Red one...... :nod:

roadrunner
02-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Looks like we've created an underdog :lol:

NY STATE TROOPER
02-15-2003, 03:26 PM
I may be a cop but i'm not dumb, My $ would be on the red one too :yup:

onesillynotch
02-15-2003, 04:54 PM
uh oh..a little birdie wispered all the mods to me..fully built motor now with a stand alone managment..so you got exacly what george has(heads, cam) plus a big single turbo and you want to race heags up????

i am glad to hear he did get the kinks out though

SleepnZJ
02-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm sure it would be a good race, We can hammer out the small things later such as money. The big discussion now is will your friend come and do this or will it be just a lot of talk. George is ready whenever you are, street tire to street tire, drag radial and ET's are fine. Like I said before I would not like to see this become a back and forth. The terms are specific, the challenge is willing to be met the final part of the question is up to your friend.

turbota4.1
02-15-2003, 09:25 PM
ok if you want to race me then come up on a strret tire no "slicks or skinnys" ie et street drag radial or any thing with a dot stamp on it .run on pump gas no race gas we can both go to fill up before the race .owners drive cars no test pilots one race not best of three neutral flagger neutral money holder. and no crying after the race .if i smell race fuel on your car its no race till you get pump gas in the car. so come close to empty when you come up to see us

u want to make it fair heres fair if i lose under theses terms then you won fair and square with you race preped enging with a turbo vs my stock gm na 346 only non gm part in my motor is the pushrods everything is gm cam and heads included

george

onesickcrx
02-16-2003, 12:15 AM
^ if this exsepted could be very very good race

onesillynotch
02-16-2003, 08:57 AM
:eyecraz: :argue:

Racer X
02-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Should be interesting,who will be driving the Turbo TA?

ONESLOWCX
02-16-2003, 06:21 PM
IM AVAILABLE.......

Anonymous
02-16-2003, 06:50 PM

Would I be onesillyfreckle? :yup:

nah you would be onesillyharrypotterlookalike

STOCKLS1
02-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Whoever has their money on the Red car, come to me, I'll take and honor your bets.

George, I'll tell him what you said, as far as the gas, lol. Really now. I'm sure that aspect has to be rethought. Run whatever gas you want, shit convert to alcohol :o All other terms seem to be fair. Heads up, Street tire, no skinnies, correct?

onesillynotch
02-16-2003, 11:03 PM
thats sucks..got a race car now and wants to run the street cars

godzilla
02-17-2003, 06:15 AM
Whoever has there money on the Red car, come to me, I'll take and honor your bets.

George, I'll tell him what you said, as far as the gas, lol. Really now. I'm sure that aspect has to be rethought. Run whatever gas you want, shit convert to alcohol :o All other terms seem to be fair. Heads up, Street tire, no skinnies, correct?

Would you guys race Turbo Mike too????? I would put my cars and house up.... lol :lol: on mike of course.....

Racer X
02-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Racing turbo mike would be stupid.The Turbo TA will need some race gas,how do you expect a turbo car to run properly on pump gas,its just not safe especially with the time and money invested in that car.The formula is a low 11 car on pump gas which is awesome but that turbo needs as much octane as possible.

STOCKLS1
02-17-2003, 11:23 AM
Whoever has there money on the Red car, come to me, I'll take and honor your bets.

Would you guys race Turbo Mike too????? I would put my cars and house up.... lol :lol: on mike of course.....
Now you want the 13 second turbo Ram Air to race TurboMike?? Ram Air vs Formula, Pat, how much arev you willing to wager??

onesillynotch
02-17-2003, 11:45 AM
why you scared of blue trash..that is a bone stock motor with bigger intake, injectors and TB..one turbo just like you..and tuned by turbo poeple just like you..and he has almost 50 less cubes..????

no offence but you dont think a "built all motor car vs a built motor car+turbo" is a fair race?

BTW ill still put the bank on the all motor car :o just cuzz

STOCKLS1
02-17-2003, 11:59 AM
why you scared of blue trash..that is a bone stock motor with bigger intake, injectors and TB..one turbo just like you..and tuned by turbo poeple just like you..and he has almost 50 less cubes..????

no offence but you dont think a "built all motor car vs a built motor car+turbo" is a fair race?

BTW ill still put the bank on the all motor car :o just cuzz

I don't remember saying that anyone was scared. Adam(RamAir) asked to set up a race with George, that is what I'm attempting to do. If and when it happens, have the money ready, and we'll do some negotiating. :nod:

turbota4.1
02-17-2003, 05:43 PM
you can run pump gas you just cant make as much power what do you need more power for its already a h/c ls1 which should be as fast as mine then you have a turbo on it and want to make even more power makes no sence to me we are the same ci actualy with your built motor im sure your more ci hey whatever the crowd bets i guess we will race for

george

STOCKLS1
02-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a plan, although, the whole "pump gas" thing is up for grabs. Speaking for the owner, I'm not quite sure how he feels on that issue, I'll find out.

one_hurt_tsi
02-20-2003, 09:56 AM
chill i think it will be a good race. As for who i got my money on im gonna have to stick with the under dog as long as he dont un pump gas. :nono:C

onesillynotch
02-20-2003, 12:10 PM
common now..its a street car right..run it on 94 :roll:

one_hurt_tsi
02-21-2003, 02:48 AM
common now..its a street car right..run it on 94 :roll:

Hell motha fuckin no. When and if they race the ta's gotta run atleast 87 :lol:

onesillynotch
02-21-2003, 10:21 AM
now were talking..i built my last notch to run on 87 :o

godzilla
02-21-2003, 12:47 PM
is this race every going to happen? damn...... just race already.... This topic should get closed...... it's just a bunch of endless bullshit.... Just race or dont... it feels like I am standing out in the cold and wind at spring valley at 2:00am on a Monday monring waiting for a race that will not happen.... :nod: Maybe we should move this topic to the Middletown Forum??? They have a lot of post about people racing other people that never end up racing..... :P (joke) :lol:

onesillynotch
02-21-2003, 01:33 PM
is this race every going to happen? damn...... just race already.... This topic should get closed...... it's just a bunch of endless bullshit.... Just race or dont... :

hey welcome to Spring Valley..this is 2003 not late 90's anymore..everone squats to pee around here now

roadrunner
02-21-2003, 04:23 PM
hey now, i know some guys up there who race almost every night :)

STOCKLS1
02-21-2003, 06:17 PM
[quote="godzilla"]is this race every going to happen? damn...... just race already.... This topic should get closed...... it's just a bunch of endless bullshit.... Just race or dont... it feels like I am standing out in the cold and wind at spring valley at 2:00am on a Monday monring waiting for a race that will not happen.... :nod: Maybe we should move this topic to the Middletown Forum??? They have a lot of post about people racing other people that never end up racing..... :P (joke) :lol:[/quote

You're 100% right about the races that never happen. I wrote and asked what a friend told me to, if it happens or doesn't who cares, I put up the offer. If you're sweating the issue that hard, Get a life.

TURBO T/A
02-23-2003, 02:54 AM
couple things i have to say is first george as much as you think you know about my car you dont the only thing you know of is a single turbo and a DFI the rest you dont know and all the other no it alls, think what you want cause the birdie told you wrong and as far as TURBO PEOPLE go they already know not to say anything to snoopers like george and i happened to be a good friend of JOB ,JOB JR, and Chase you can think whatever you want im not calling you out yet when im ready ill be there. one last thing this time of the year gas is oxgenated so for a turbo car you need good gas and 94 aint cutting it so plan to smell race fuel and see slicks when we race

onesillynotch
02-23-2003, 11:33 AM
should i just send you the $$$ now and save for embaresment on our part?

i dont get it..your car has been tuned allready but your not ready but you ask your buddy to call out a car that everyone knows what it runs..but your not ready?am i missing anything?

ONESLOWCX
02-23-2003, 11:48 AM
t/a turbo :-?

TURBO T/A
02-23-2003, 01:59 PM
yea im tuned still dosent mean im ready

trailmaster_sdime
02-23-2003, 02:21 PM
ready..... soon enough

Racer X
02-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I dont see how you expect him to run pump gas,so what he has the turbo and DFI,he needs fuel,you have a purpose built pump gas car that is guaranteed low 11s,run what you got,no BS,why should a race be set up in favor of your car?,you can run pump well thats awesome but if his car needs fuel then so be it,the car wasn't set up for 94,most turbo cars need it,plus its not a built motor car,you have a built LS1.I would love to see the race being a big Fbody fan,they are both sweet cars and alot better then seeing slow 14 second hondas run,so lets go old school and see you guys run just for bragging rights,not for cash,but in SV i guess thats all its about and thats why it takes a year to get a race going,no money then there is no haggling,i am sure it will be a great race.

godzilla
02-23-2003, 04:56 PM
lol.... this race will never happen....... George will sell is car by then.... Maybe George will race his Turbo 6 vs the Turbo 8???? the Turbo 8 has 2 more cylinders but it should be a better race... :nod:

roadrunner
02-23-2003, 05:05 PM
by the time this race goes off I'll have a turbo :D

godzilla
02-23-2003, 05:22 PM
:nod:

trailmaster_sdime
02-23-2003, 06:07 PM
:roll:

Racer X
02-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Perhaps it will,its up to the 2 guys with the firechickens to set it up,i think they should run what they got and do it old school,heads up,no money,no bullshit,what happened with just showing off what you got,most people build cars to go fast not to make money.

roadrunner
02-23-2003, 09:37 PM
pride doesn't pay for new radials :lol:

trailmaster_sdime
02-23-2003, 10:04 PM
fuck pride i'm in it for the respect :lol: :lol:

onesillynotch
02-24-2003, 01:41 PM
pride aaint ganna pay for a track fee's or "unathueruzed speed contest" ticket

fuck repsect to..this aint the 70;s and there aint no gurl in a pink dress dropping a hankershief and 2 people racing to the end of devils drop to see who will bail first

Racer X
02-24-2003, 03:40 PM
So your saying $20 covers it because i see people in SV race for that,i guess you guys are in it for gas money. :lol: No its not the 70s but these days everyone wants cars and its just a bunch of BS,what happened to good old heads up racing,race what you got with no shit talk involved.

tjsupra94
02-24-2003, 07:08 PM
,what happened to good old heads up racing,race what you got with no shit talk involved.

what fun is that, talking is part of the game. :D

Racer X
02-24-2003, 09:49 PM
I hate when people talk shit but true cash makes it more interesting but also takes longer to negotiate,the shit talking on here is pathetic and people either need to race or shut the fuck up,the Fbodys should race this weekend. :D

trailmaster_sdime
02-24-2003, 10:07 PM
i think food is good big boys need to be full first then make some money :lol:

SleepnZJ
02-25-2003, 07:46 AM
I knew it, this turned into a bigggggg circle jerk, rather then showing up and racing people are trying to back paddle and change the subject. As I posted before I was hoping to get this done with little talk. A little back and forth about terms is perfectly fine and appeared to be working. Never the less I feel that I am stuck in a revolving door with people calling out cars with a car they don't even have. Now Adams friend did call out George, since I have never seen this person call any one out before and he did it in a respectful manner I had no problem at the time. However in recent weeks people calling out others with cars they don't even have (Turbo integra) have come to make me upset. Once Adam showed up on this thread to start the back paddling I knew we were gonna look like a monkey fucking a football trying to get this thing to happen. Excuses, excuses, excuses is all I keep reading about. If Adam is, was or will not be ready to race George why was George called out. It seems that this thread is just a waste of time. Honestly I appeal to the moderators to delete this thread, it seems to be filled to the brim with a bunch of cry babies and shit talkers. I thought this would be good example of how SV and middle town could get a race off with no bull, instead we got the old bait and switch you so often see at sleazy used car dealers.

godzilla
02-25-2003, 10:06 AM
I thought about moving it into the Middletown forum....or I might lock it... We always race in Spring Valley... If someone came to us looking to race with a car that is there we can set something up. But, most of the time people come down or post on here about a car they have or a guy they know wants to race. But we never see that car. There is way too much shit talking on here. People called out George will a car that isn't thiers and isn't ready to run. But you guys are still talking about it... I dont get it... TurboTa the guy that own's the car said he isn't ready to race... So if he isn't ready to race... Then there cant be a race between George and the Turbo TA.... Duh...... :lol: