PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a question...

HOTATL
05-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Hey. I just turned 16, and I got my brand new integra today...I am really interested in getting into racing, and making my car better. Yeah I'm a "newbie", but I figured the only way I could get some info is from you guys...anyone got any suggestions on where to order parts online..I'm also looking for BMW parts for a friend, if anyone has any links. Also, what should I get done? body kits, engine modifications, etc..you tell me =) I have rougly $8,000 to spend. Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

S2-Raw
05-03-2002, 08:11 PM
$ 8,000 is a lot of cash to spend bro! You can practically do anything with that kind of money. You need to be more specific on what you want though. Are you looking to have an all out show car? Are you looking to have an all out race car? It's all really personal preference. When your done building your car it should be a statement of YOU. Not what other people told you to get. Figure out which way you what to go with your car and then stick to it. Good luck!

gotnothing?
05-04-2002, 01:31 AM
^ I agree

And if you're having any problems making up your mind, just send some of that 8,000 my way :grin:

BlackAc
05-04-2002, 04:13 AM
Damn a brand new integra and 8,000 to spend!!! I am jealous. If you just want basic bolt ons try some 17" rims, lowering springs ( shocks/struts), AEM cold air intake, headers, exhaust. That should give you a nice look and some nice power too. Or you could drop the money into the engine and make a mean as TURBO Teg for $8000!!!!! :grin:

Anonymous
05-04-2002, 10:14 AM
This is all I have to say...
http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=20311
And you'll still have cash to spare :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

integr8
05-04-2002, 10:54 AM
What kind of Teg did you get? If its an LS then you should seriously turbo it. You have enough cash (did I mention Im insanely jealous?). I dunno, with that much loot to spend Id go all performance and do nothing to the body yet. Youd have one seriously bad-ass sleeper. Let us know what you have, what your interested in making the car do (drag, handeling, ect) and well help you narrow it down and point you in the right direction.

BTW: for good cheap parts you might want to check out http://www.groupbuycenter.com

91IntegRS
05-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Damn 8G's and a new car. I would first start off with an Inceman or AEM intake, then a DC sports Header, a greedy exhaust, some 17 or 18 inch wheels. Then I would lower it using coilovers, so you can adjust the height and make sure you get camber kits to save replacing tires every year. After doing this you should still have around $5000 left to decide if you want more power, or looks, or you can donate the rest to the my 91 Integra needs help fund.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 91IntegRS on 2002-05-04 14:02 ]</font>

Logan
05-04-2002, 02:28 PM
dont buy 17's, dont buy body kits. none of that shit. if you really want rims spend alot of money and get light ones. this is all personal preference though. show or go?

integragirly
05-04-2002, 02:55 PM
go turbo..and make it a sleeper

92TypeR
05-04-2002, 04:12 PM
First off what kinda teg did you get?

If GS-R: All motor!! Toda C's, or Jun 3's with the complete valvetrain (retainers, valvesprings, gears), Hondata stage 3, RC 310 injectors, B&amp;M fuel pressure regulator &amp; guage, AEM cold air, DC JDM 4-1 header system (you will need the bigger jdm piping for the top end!), HKS or Tanabe or Apex exhaust, highflow cat, MSD blaster ignition, strong clutch (clutchmasters or ACT), and spoon 16x7 SW388's for street, Volk TE37's for track w/slicks, Tein SS damper complete coilovers, Progress front/rear sway bars, JDM ITR front end conversion, and whatever body kit you like the looks of!

that would be life!

OR if it is an LS, turbo + all the non-motor items listed above. That should set you out pretty good, and take care of most of that 8grand...

Nameless
05-04-2002, 04:17 PM
^^ Yah that would "easily" take care of 8 G's right there. :lol: :lol:

theunderachiever
05-08-2002, 09:17 PM
Don't waste your time or precious cash on body kits wings or that other pussy shit. You should worry about your car going fast before you make it look good. I reccomend getting a turbo, and for a turbo you'll need the turbo and an intercooler and some other electronics. You might also have to change some of your engines internals like pistons, connecting rods etc. You should just make it easy on yourself and get a greddy kit because you don't have to change the internals. Also your car better be a manual because auto cars are straight up gay. And don't forget the sounds, because without the pimpin sounds you'll never be rollin right.

stockciviclx
05-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Turbo turbo turbo turbo did i say turbo yet oh and my personal opinion is that you donate to the help bryan buy a new car foundation :grin: