PDA

View Full Version : Tinting teggy windows

95SilverIntegra
05-02-2002, 05:24 PM
I took my 95 integra w/ stock tint (barely anything), and got a "dark smoke" done on the hachback and smaller windows, cost me about 160 bucks, it was a nice place that did it. Pick up my car next day, and the little bumps around the top of the hatchback didnt let the tint stick to the inside. So i called couple days later, the guy tells me all integras do that and he cant do anything... What should i do, besides smack the manager for letting me get the windows tinted... any help would be appreciated...

Nameless
05-02-2002, 06:47 PM
Thats stupid, it should of tinted over that. I dont remember seeing any integras with bubbles on that part of the tint..

phatprld9
05-02-2002, 07:50 PM
Did u pay 160 for just the back 3?! Cuz i paid 150 for all of mine on my lude. Also, i had the same problem with my tint, but what u have to do is wait for like 2-3 weeks till they go away. It helps to leave it in the sun. Did u get a warranty with it? I got a 3 year warranty and i also got the front windshield strip for free.

95SilverIntegra
05-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Should I say "give me my money and take it off." and then go get it done somewhere else? Its kinda a shitty situation

95SilverIntegra
05-02-2002, 07:58 PM
its strange, cause its not really bubbles...on the tegra theres like little bumps on the inside of the window, some kind of stock tint, and the aftermarket tint wont completely flush to the window where the lil bumps are...

integragirly
05-03-2002, 09:31 AM
That's ridiculous.....i paid $130 to get all of my windows tinted and I didn't have any of those problems. I guess the place you thought was nice didn't turn out to be so nice after all. I would try to get a refund or get them to take it off. They should have told you about that problem even before they started the job. Good Luck!!! :cry:

S2-Raw
05-03-2002, 09:28 PM
That's somewhat of a common problem. Most Integ do that. But tere are the few that get lucky. It's a hit & miss

BlackAc
05-04-2002, 04:16 AM
Many people try and put a black vinal strip over that part of the back hatch - taht covers all thsoe little black things and looks pretty good too.

dank9513
05-05-2002, 06:04 PM
those little dots you are talking about are called dot matrix and almost all tegs do it. some get lucky. make them give you a refund and take it off

jdmitr98
05-05-2002, 08:28 PM
That is actually a common problem with integras the tint sticks just not to the window only those gay black dots. Me and my buddies spent days trying to scrape them off, pointless didn't do anything we then spent hours trying to get the tint to stick better, also pointless (my buddies own a tinting shop)