PDA

View Full Version : b-20 (crv) head on ls

tegboy
03-26-2002, 01:29 AM
ok heres the deal...im looking into getting a b-20 head on my ls. i know that this will not work on a v-tec engine- i dont have one- but this head has bigger velves and is supposed to have increased air flow but, i have also heard that even with the bigger valves it doesnt flow very well which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...so if anybody knows anything about putting a b-20 head on an integra and the pros and cons please share your knowledge

Toda Party
03-26-2002, 02:37 AM
probably because it has a small throttle body and the intake manifold designed for good flow...

then again, i've never even seen a cr-v motor in person so i couldn't tell you.

try to find out some specs

B20GSR
03-27-2002, 06:52 AM
On 2002-03-26 01:29, tegboy wrote:
ok heres the deal...im looking into getting a b-20 head on my ls. i know that this will not work on a v-tec engine- i dont have one- but this head has bigger velves and is supposed to have increased air flow but, i have also heard that even with the bigger valves it doesnt flow very well which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...so if anybody knows anything about putting a b-20 head on an integra and the pros and cons please share your knowledge

Replace your Integra's throtle body, fuel rail, and injectors with the CRV's componets, but keep the Integra's head. There is'nt much of a difference in valve size, at least not enough to notice any power gains. Use the cams from the B20 though because they are the same cams in the 94 and up Integras and they are more aggerssive. Dont use the B20 head though your head will lose compression because the B20 head is designed to fit a 84mm bore cylinder and your Integra only has an 81mm bore. Your head gasket will be partly exposed because the cylinder wall and head bore wont be aligned. :wink:

B20GSR
03-27-2002, 06:57 AM
Oh yeah, and keep the Integra intake manifold unless you want to cut your hood, because the CRV's is to tall to fit under it.

tegboy
04-03-2002, 01:09 AM
well ive decided that im going to just keep my full engine and build it up. still dont know what kind of cams im going to get. or if im just going to replace just my intake cam or...i really just dont know. its a lot to think about. all im sure of right now is that im going to raise the compression to 10.5 to 1. but thanks for the help guys. if anyone knows about cams they have had personal experience with please tell. why are crower cams so cheap? i dont know what to get. i am on a high school budget. welll sorta. i make more money than i should for my age :wink:

B20GSR
04-03-2002, 03:47 AM
On 2002-04-03 01:09, tegboy wrote:
well ive decided that im going to just keep my full engine and build it up. still dont know what kind of cams im going to get. or if im just going to replace just my intake cam or...i really just dont know. its a lot to think about. all im sure of right now is that im going to raise the compression to 10.5 to 1. but thanks for the help guys. if anyone knows about cams they have had personal experience with please tell. why are crower cams so cheap? i dont know what to get. i am on a high school budget. welll sorta. i make more money than i should for my age :wink:

Again the B20 cams are the same as the 94 and up Integra cams. The have a more aggressive valve lift and bolt right in. You can find them cheap at any junk yard.

redsol
04-03-2002, 12:03 PM
if u want to still fuck with a b 20 engine what i would do is use the b20 block with a type r head that will give enormous power the b20 block will give u alot of torque and the head will give u that high rev u want

if im wrong anyone please let me know

:wink:

tegboy
04-03-2002, 04:16 PM
i have a 94 integra. so theres not really a point in getting the b20 cams. im looking into other cams i just dont know what to get.

B20GSR
04-07-2002, 06:19 PM
On 2002-04-03 16:16, tegboy wrote:
i have a 94 integra. so theres not really a point in getting the b20 cams. im looking into other cams i just dont know what to get.

I hear a lot of good things about crower cams. As far as what size lobe and duration to use you should ask some one else because I have never fucked with them.

REDTURBOTEG
04-07-2002, 06:44 PM
Crower make different stages. Do not go with the full race cam!!!!!!! Your car will idle like shit. They have a streetstrip cam that will give 15-20hp. But remember if you run crower cams you have to run their valve springs and retainers too. If you can afford it I would go with a B16 head. after the cams springs and retainers you will have dropped ant least 650. Depending on how much you have to pay for labor you can spend a little more on a LSVTEC and you will be happy.

RPAcura2002
04-07-2002, 08:49 PM
I would go with ITR cams because I have seen a few cars around where I live, and they do not run well with cams that are not OEM spec...my friend just put in type skunk 2 stage 1 cams in his Si and he is having a lot of problems with his idle, and his car shakes while it idles, other cars I have ridden in who have ITR or CTR cams are smother.

tegboy
04-08-2002, 04:31 PM
yeah,i have heard that the ITR cams are the smoothest to upgrade to but others will give you more power so thats why im sorta stuck in the middle. i dunno if id rather have a sooth ride and not as much power or deal with the noise and vibrating for the extra horses.
RPACURA2002wrote:I would go with ITR cams because I have seen a few cars around where I live, and they do not run well with cams that are not OEM spec..."
huh? you mean they dont run well with valves and springs that arent OEM?
i was actually looking into the JDM ITR cams...

tegboy
04-11-2002, 12:22 AM
but then id have to get the whole head since i do have an ls