PDA

View Full Version : Please help me, my cars seams fucked up...

631 Teggy
04-30-2002, 06:32 PM
Okay...I don't know if I'm over reacting, but my car has been idling REALLY LOW. I know when the car heats up it idles lower... But the car wasn't even that heated up, and it almost stalled out at idle... Okay, I don't feel Vtec kick in anymore. My car feels slow as shit. And it's gotten so quite... Like my car usually is loud, but now it's quite. At first I though maybe someone jammed something up my muffler, but I checked, it's fine. My engine is fine... So maybe it's the injectors, but I doubt that... Maybe its the plugs but I doubt that... Maybe i got Shitty gas... I doubt that... Basically it drives like someone kicked the shit out of it... but I didn't...

Any ideas of how I could make it run better... Should I go for an early oil change? What do you think?

ElectronSi
04-30-2002, 08:23 PM
you might want to check your mass air sensor, and if thats not it your fuel pump may be the cause of your troubles. other than that i have no idea, my buddies 91 sentra is in the shop right now w/ the same symptoms, lemme ask him wut was wrong w/ his and i'll let you know.

631 Teggy
04-30-2002, 08:24 PM
Thanx bro

ElectronSi
04-30-2002, 09:08 PM
i dunno they cleaned some sensors and the throttle body, it runs a lot better

i dunno if that helps u at all, he was a lil busy (prolly jerkin off) to type out a decent response.

InSaNeTeGGy
05-01-2002, 09:06 PM
On 2002-04-30 21:08, ElectronSi wrote:

i dunno they cleaned some sensors and the throttle body, it runs a lot better

i dunno if that helps u at all, he was a lil busy (prolly jerkin off) to type out a decent response.

hahahah, naw! I do that on my own time. Not when I try to help a brotha out. 'Na mean? hehe!

ElectronSi
05-01-2002, 10:36 PM
what does 'Na mean mean :???: :???:

Nameless
05-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Yes, what exactly is a "Na"? Are you fond of irregular capitalization? Your name looks a little fucked up. :smile:

Toda Party
05-02-2002, 01:56 AM
that fucker stole that from me.

na mean = u know what i mean

check the simplest things first...sounds like a fuel prob to me but, then again , im no good at diagnosing this shit.

check injectors, pump, change fuel filter (i change mine every 15 K)

check plugs, wires, cap, rotor

etc

PROFILES2000
05-02-2002, 07:34 AM
ok to the fucking moron who said check your mass air sensor.....your a fuckin idiot....the integra is speed density meaning that it has a map sensor. no massair sensor....instead of pretending to know what you are talkin about just shut up and tryin to tell people all your made up bullshit...now rot in hell ricer

Toda Party
05-02-2002, 03:13 PM
On 2002-05-02 07:34, Turbogsr.com wrote:
ok to the fucking moron who said check your mass air sensor.....your a fuckin idiot....the integra is speed density meaning that it has a map sensor. no massair sensor....instead of pretending to know what you are talkin about just shut up and tryin to tell people all your made up bullshit...now rot in hell ricer

:eek:

ElectronSi
05-02-2002, 03:52 PM
On 2002-05-02 07:34, Turbogsr.com wrote:

um, fuck you. my friend w/ a 91 sentra was complaining of the same problems w/ his car, so i relayed to this guy what the mechanic said about his car. i also added that he should check his fuel pump b/c i know that could be the cause of the problems. explain to me how im a ricer b/c i don't get it :???: :???:

631 Teggy
05-02-2002, 04:14 PM
Thanx guys. The car is running better, I think at the gas station the fucker put in like 85 octane...I just filled it today and it's running better. Oil doesn't need to be changed. But I'm ganna clean out the injectors anyways, and get some new spark plugs...

Sorry I get paranoid about my baby...

PROFILES2000
05-02-2002, 07:58 PM
i am the same way no worries

now to that other guy withthe 91 sentra friend....that is a nissan,,,,this is an integra bitch hheh... OK I PISSED OFF BC SOME CHUMP IS TRYIN TO GIVE PEOPLE FALSE INFO. dont run around pretending to know your shit when thats all that you know....SHIT 0wnD

On 2002-05-02 16:14, 631 Teggy wrote:
Sorry I get paranoid about my baby...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbogsr.com on 2002-05-02 20:01 ]</font>

ElectronSi
05-02-2002, 09:59 PM
why don't u eat my ass

B18C5er
05-02-2002, 10:21 PM
On 2002-05-02 21:59, ElectronSi wrote:
why don't u eat my ass

lol, sorry but that was funny as hell for some reason.

92TypeR
05-02-2002, 11:22 PM
i sense mutch hostility...

But on a much less hostile note...I wouldn't coment about car problems and/or diagnosing them if you don't know simple things such as hondas not having mass-air sensors...etc. If he took it to a mechanic and the mechanic kept the car for 1 day to check for a mass-air sensor that wasn't there, and our friend 631 Teggy got charged for 8 hours of labor for something that isn't on the car, because someone provided falst information, I would feel quite angry if I was him.

Just a forewarning, please try to only talk about what you know, people do take what people say seriously, and the last thing we mods want to see is someone hurt their car or pocketbook because we weren't monitoring what hhu members were talking about...it is our job.

ElectronSi
05-02-2002, 11:31 PM
im sorry i provided false information or whatever, but if he goes to his mechanic and he gets charged for 8 hours of labor for the mechanic looking for a mass air sensor that isn't there, his mechanic is either crooked, or an idiot. thats the reason im not a mechanic, i figured it could either be a sensor problem, or a fuel problem, excuse me for listing the wrong sensor. i apologize. turbogsr.com can still eat my ass though. what a dick.

Toda Party
05-03-2002, 03:15 AM
I think you were both a little wrong.

First, TurboGSR was probably in a bad mood cuz i beat him in a race so don't worry about him :razz:

And electron...the hondas use MAP sensors (Manifold Absolute Pressure) instead of MAF sensors (Mass Air Flow).

XAcidManX
05-03-2002, 05:06 PM
This may sound dumb, but can you tell me how MAP and MAF sensors work?

Toda Party
05-03-2002, 06:09 PM
On 2002-05-03 17:06, XAcidManX wrote:
This may sound dumb, but can you tell me how MAP and MAF sensors work?

MAP SENSOR

Definition: Refers to a manifold absolute pressure sensor, a variable resistor used to monitor the difference in pressure between the intake manifold at outside atmosphere. This information is used by the engine computer to monitor engine load (vacuum drops when the engine is under load or at wide open throttle). When the engine is under load, the computer may alter spark timing and the fuel mixture to improve performance and emissions.

MAF SENSOR
Definition: A device used in many fuel injected engines to measure the amount of air entering the engine so the computer can control the air/fuel mixture. Located ahead of the throttle body, the MAF sensor uses a heated wire or filament to measure airflow

http://www.howstuffworks.com

http://www.about.com