PDA

View Full Version : performance and web sites to modify a 1988 Integra

ibcynu
04-30-2002, 11:29 AM
Can someone email me some cool links and /or ideas for performance on my 1988 integra? :grin:

integr8
04-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Wow, you dont see many 1st gen Tegs around. Nice car. I hate to say it and I may be wrong because Im not very familiar with that generation but I dont think your going to find much as far as bolt ons go. You can always have the basics custom done like intake with a K&N filter. An exhaust is another thing you can get done pretty easy. Any good muffler shop can make you a larger custom cat back exhaust. Some can even do mandrel bent stainless. Then just a good aftermarket muffler and maybe resonator and your all good. Dont worry, custom exhaust work isnt as expensive as it might sound.

A swap to a newer more "bolt on freindly" engine from a newer teg would be another way to go but I dont know offhand what would swap into an 88.

ibcynu
04-30-2002, 12:49 PM
what about a head swap? Does a B series head fit at all? I already have 3" exhaust and have advanced the timing and running a cols air setup. So far a [email protected] MPH at the track is it.. :eek:

integr8
05-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Sorry, like I said Im not very familiar with 1st gen tegs at all. You already have the basics I suggested though. Good time though.

ibcynu
05-01-2002, 01:33 PM
Thank you. The 3" exhaust robs my low end torque but there wasn't much to begin with. I think it pull sALOT harder in the upper RPM's though. :lol: