PDA

View Full Version : are odb-1 gsr faster or odb-11

D.A.R.E racers
04-30-2002, 12:45 AM
everyone are saying that odb-1 are better because of the one oxygen sensor. but from my experience i see the odb-11 kicking the odb-1's ass, with less mod. i street race every weekend and that's what i've seen.
i have a 98' civic ex right now and plan to get a 95' or 96' gsr by this summer, so i'll really like know what you guys think.

Nameless
04-30-2002, 01:18 AM
Neither of them make the car "FASTER." I dont know how you "see the odb-11 kicking the odb-1's ass, with less mod," thats not true to any extent. But, you dont have to buy the older model GSR just because it has the OBD1, you can convert an OBD2 back to an OBD1 with a special harness..dont let that scare you away from buying a newer Integra! :smile:

integr8
04-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Stock for stock, ODBI and ODBII produce the same numbers. No real difference. ODBI is just freindlier to mod...and Im not talking an intake, exhaust, and altezzas. When you get into more serious mods like real engine work (Cams, gears, anything with engine or fuel managment, forced unduction, ect) then youll really notice and benefit from ODBI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: integr8 on 2002-04-30 12:53 ]</font>

PROFILES2000
04-30-2002, 02:49 PM
nice post!

On 2002-04-30 12:53, integr8 wrote:
Stock for stock, ODBI and ODBII produce the same numbers. No real difference. ODBI is just freindlier to mod...and Im not talking an intake, exhaust, and altezzas. When you get into more serious mods like real engine work (Cams, gears, anything with engine or fuel managment, forced unduction, ect) then youll really notice and benefit from ODBI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: integr8 on 2002-04-30 12:53 ]</font>

S2-Raw
05-01-2002, 05:53 PM
I posted an answer to a similar question on another thread this is the copy paste:

OBD I cars DO have a O2 sensor in the cat but lacks the secondary senor as found in OBD II cars as Toda explained. However, more sensors result in more sensitive diagnostics. As a factory vehicle this is great. The ECU can now have a wider view of whatís going on with the motor and keep the engine running at its optimum performance. In stock form you will not notice a difference. However, when you start to heavily modify the vehicle more drastic differences can be noticed. If I remember correctly I can recall a dyno test between an OBD I '95 GSR and an OBD II '98 GSR adding a AEM CAI. Both vehicles were stock however; with the intake install the '95 registered at a 13.9 HP increase. The '98 registered around 7 HP increase. They then swapped out the OBD II ECU for a J-spec OBD 0 unit and got greater increases then the '95 GSR. Now this isnít the result for every car but it can somewhat give you an idea on how it goes. It's all in the ECU, as Toda explained, if you plan to swap out the ECU on the car with a Standalone or pre-tuned ECU, then it wonít matter whether you have a í94 or 2001 GSR because the computer will be re-programmed to read altered specs.