PDA

View Full Version : BODY KIT FOR a 94 teg * NEED HELP *

OoeggyoO
04-29-2002, 09:20 PM
:wink: :wink:

TegLS
04-30-2002, 05:56 PM
I don't know much about body kits but from what I understand Bomex is the way to go (the expensive way, but also the quality way).

InSaNeTeGGy
04-30-2002, 06:55 PM
On 2002-04-29 21:20, OoeggyoO wrote:

If you are afraid of buying a kit off of e-bay because of the fact that there might be a chance that it may defective or what not, then I suggest that you go to :

http://www.extremedimensions.com/

they sell full (brand name) body kits for $500 - $600. If I were you though, I would never get a complete set. Too easy. Mix and match. It'll come out a lot nicer. Choose the back off of one, the sideskirts off another, and the front bumper off of some other kit. It'll make your car look ill.

OoeggyoO
04-30-2002, 10:29 PM
:smile: thanks a lot man,, i guess i'll do it your way buy them individually from a web site or something.. but that web site you gave me is kinda expensive ** that bomex front cost 300 !!! just the front..damn i didnt expect that much haha ..anyway thanks for your help by the way its a nice web site .. do u know what materials they are made out from?? FIBER GLASS OR URETHANE ?? :???: :???:

insnimprtguy
05-01-2002, 01:39 AM
the material all depends on the bumper, or other body kit part or what kit u get

u'll find that if u get a bumper seperate from a full kit u'll pay about $300-500, u could pay upwards of $500 front bumper, $400 side skirts, $500 rear bumper, $500 wing, $500 fenders, $600 hood, those r about the max prices ur looking at or u can get a kit w/ both bumpers and ur ss for about $700-800, for a kit like that w/ a wing included, about $700-1000, it all depends on ur taste and where u buy from, i mean yeah i'd love to custom put together different body parts to make a sweet @ss body kit, but am i gonna pay $1900 for that or just get one for $800 and forget the wing and get ss that i could live with

InSaNeTeGGy
05-01-2002, 10:13 AM
On 2002-05-01 01:39, insnimprtguy wrote:
the material all depends on the bumper, or other body kit part or what kit u get

u'll find that if u get a bumper seperate from a full kit u'll pay about $300-500, u could pay upwards of $500 front bumper, $400 side skirts, $500 rear bumper, $500 wing, $500 fenders, $600 hood, those r about the max prices ur looking at or u can get a kit w/ both bumpers and ur ss for about $700-800, for a kit like that w/ a wing included, about $700-1000, it all depends on ur taste and where u buy from, i mean yeah i'd love to custom put together different body parts to make a sweet @ss body kit, but am i gonna pay $1900 for that or just get one for $800 and forget the wing and get ss that i could live with

yeah yeah, that's true, if you have the money, then you should definitly get them seperatly. If you don't go with a full kit. The thing is, I'm really picky. When I see a nice kit, I love the front, and I hate the back. I love the back, I hate the sideskirts. etc etc, you know? that's just the reason that i put up the suggestion. It's your babie, its up to you on how you pamper it, right?

OoeggyoO
05-01-2002, 11:14 AM
:mad: so how much do u think it'll cost for installation and all.. bumpers and side skirts painted and install only... wats the cheapest price ..anyone know?? * damn i gotta start saving up then * :mad:

IntegGirlRacer
05-01-2002, 11:21 AM
On 2002-04-30 18:55, InSaNeTeGGy wrote:

On 2002-04-29 21:20, OoeggyoO wrote:

If you are afraid of buying a kit off of e-bay because of the fact that there might be a chance that it may defective or what not, then I suggest that you go to :

http://www.extremedimensions.com/

they sell full (brand name) body kits for $500 - $600. If I were you though, I would never get a complete set. Too easy. Mix and match. It'll come out a lot nicer. Choose the back off of one, the sideskirts off another, and the front bumper off of some other kit. It'll make your car look ill.

extreme dimesnsions has a kit i am thinking of getting, but the only thing stopping me right now is that its fiberglass and i have heard good and bad about fiberglass :sad:

GSR Girlie
05-01-2002, 11:27 AM
well Lisa you know my experiance with fiber glass and my fender, I can't imagine having it all around your car especially since your car is dropped it will prob crack all the time

kryzeofkrayzie
05-01-2002, 02:55 PM
I would suggest getting a urethane kit.. fiberglass breaks way to easily if you don't drive extra careful with lowered car. Buying the kit in individual pieces is pretty expensive because that is what i did. The kit i put together costs about 560 dollars. Installtion / paint was 850 so you do the math =D and DO NOT Drive your car with unpainted kit its super ugly! I got tsunami front lip, m3 skirts, and buddy club rear TAKE A LOOK =D http://home.earthlink.net/~krayzie8/_uimages/HHsig.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~krayzie8/_uimages/hh2.jpg :smile:

IntegGirlRacer
05-01-2002, 03:37 PM
thanks guys...i am gunna try to find the kit in urethane...i really dont want any problems with cracking!!!