PDA

View Full Version : What are my options with $5k

NIX
03-25-2002, 11:18 PM
What can I do to make my Acura Integra LS faster with the extra $5000 I have.
i.e: exaust // headers // intake.. etc.. what else? How much hp do you think i can get for $5000 without turbo. Or should I just spend the money on a turbo kit

venomous
03-25-2002, 11:59 PM
Get a turbo kit. With $5000, you can make a decent all motor LS but the turbo LS will be better in the long run. Not saying that the LS is a bad engine to go all motor with, but you would be happier with a nice turbo kit.

JDMRicePolice
03-26-2002, 01:21 AM
Think to yourself, do you really need to add things to your car? Most people around the world dont even have cars. To own one is unheard of in 3rd world countries. Before you start flaunting your cash around, maybe you should think of the poor children that dont even have $5. I think you should spend your $5k and support a needy child...

But if not, get turbo.

epy
03-26-2002, 02:14 AM
I'm a needed college student :smile: You can "sponsor" me :smile:

Jamison
03-26-2002, 08:29 AM
On 2002-03-26 01:21, JDMRicePolice wrote:
Think to yourself, do you really need to add things to your car? Most people around the world dont even have cars. To own one is unheard of in 3rd world countries. Before you start flaunting your cash around, maybe you should think of the poor children that dont even have $5. I think you should spend your $5k and support a needy child...

But if not, get turbo.

lol!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

96integsr
03-26-2002, 04:17 PM
I think Ricepolice should give up on flaming people on Hondahookup and pursue a career in stand up comedy..... :roll:

631 Teggy
03-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Here's what i'd do. Get a turbo. And then get new ignition system and injectors feul rail, Fuel pump, and mayeb even a fuel preasure reg.

Your ganna have a killer car man. I wish I had that money to put into my car right now...

GEN2LSINTEGRA
03-26-2002, 05:19 PM
On 2002-03-26 01:21, JDMRicePolice wrote:

But if not, get turbo.

Man that was great!!! :grin: :lol:

Nameless
03-26-2002, 06:11 PM
bahaha.

Adam
03-26-2002, 06:33 PM
LOL! Do it for the little starving kids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Adam on 2002-03-26 22:31 ]</font>

tegboy
03-26-2002, 10:52 PM
TURBO - 4 stacks installed

NITROUS - 500 do it yourself (cheapest horses youll ever see

after all that youre going to need a lot of upgraded fuel line components and you may wan to look into a stage 3 clutch and while youre at it with the clutch, go ahead and ad a clutchmasters flywheel. they weigh 8lbs and theyre certified. meaning they wont blow up and come flying threw your floorboards and make you lose a limb or 2. well anyway...you just about ran out of money after the turbo and nitrous. so dont worry about it. but if you do have 5000 just lying around definately go with a turbo. you may want to get a custom fabricated one for an ls. i havent seen any appealing turbo kits that are pre made for an ls. but any good performance shop should be able to get one together for you. and go ball bearing. spools up much faster. ok im done blabing

90tegboy
03-26-2002, 10:58 PM
work on getting your suspension and handling perfect first in my opinion. then put the rest of the money toward a turbo.

B20GSR
03-27-2002, 05:55 AM
On 2002-03-25 23:18, NIX wrote:
What can I do to make my Acura Integra LS faster with the extra $5000 I have.
i.e: exaust // headers // intake.. etc.. what else? How much hp do you think i can get for $5000 without turbo. Or should I just spend the money on a turbo kit

I hade a LS (1.8L DOHC) motor in my '90 Teg before I put my B20Z in. You should first start with the intake, the more air you get in your engine and the colder that air is the more horses you'll pull. You can gain hella power by adding the new Integra cams because they're more aggressive; and you can find them pretty cheap at a junk yard. I added an Apexi V-AFC. Even though I didn't have VTEC heads at the time I could still control my fuel maps and then later VTEC when I swaped the heads. A good set of aftermarket headers, a high performance cat, and a good cat back exaust will give you a real noticable amount of power increase, usesually about 15-30 hp. You can also get a lightened flywheel witch will let you rev quicker, and a clutch upgrade such as ACT witch will make sure that all your power and tourqe is'nt lost in clutch slippage. A lower suspension will give you better take offs and improve your stopping distance because youe reduce body lunge. You'll get better gas mileage and hp from and upgraded ignition such as an MSD ignition because you'll burn the fuel in your cylinders more efficiently.

P.S. A Turbo will make it all a hundred times better, and with five grand to spend you could probably do everything I just listed.
:wink:

Hope that helps

YeLlowI
03-27-2002, 07:23 AM
well...with 5k you could go turbo, and it's easier way. but if it's me, i'll do I/H/E with good set of cam gears(like spoon, no 3 bolt sh#t) and a set of bad ass cam shifter(retainer, sping..toda or jun makes good one for all motor) and get a AFC spend some moeny on dyno and tune it(also the cam gear). if you still have any money left then go with suspensions..GOOD LUCK