PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Rattle

BlackAc
04-25-2002, 12:11 AM
I just installed my Greddy Evo this past sunday. The only problem is that the heat shield up front seems to rattle a little bit every once and awhile, and in the rear by the hanger the metal hanger hits a piece of metal on the bumper and rattles - i put a piece of foam in between the metal pieces and that fixes the problem temporarily, but i was just wondering if anyone has had that problem and how they fixed it. Hope that makes sense. Any help is appreciated

ElectronSi
04-25-2002, 12:37 AM
u can take the heat shield off, just don't park over dry grass. as for the other thing, i have no clue.

OnlyTheTurbo
04-25-2002, 12:43 AM
just to let you know. If its a older car you put the pipe on its prolly not the headshield. Its the spring were the muffler bolts up too. check the 2 springs. 1 of them is prolly sprung. to fix the problem just take a metal hose clamp and that should do it.

Anonymous
04-25-2002, 01:02 AM
my prelude does it also when it gets heated up.

BlackAc
04-25-2002, 01:02 AM
Its on a 98 so its not too old also I took off the heat shield off of the cat so its not that rattling i think its one of the other ones.

mrkinky
04-25-2002, 03:51 PM
this may be kinda off the subject but i've got a 91 teg and i really want the greddy evo... will it fit or no?

mrkinky
04-25-2002, 03:51 PM
this may be kinda off the subject but i've got a 91 teg and i really want the greddy evo... will it fit or no?

integr8
04-25-2002, 06:49 PM
Theres an extra hanger that rubs/rattles on the muffler. I cut most of mine off with a dremel and no rattle at all in the back. Heat shields are also a problem on Tegs. I ended up cutting all of mine off.

IntegGirlRacer
04-26-2002, 03:16 AM
i just out my header on my car and now my exhaust is rattling like crazy...its driving me nuts...the only thing we can think of is the O2 sensor is hitting the axel...what can i do? shorten the exhaust some how? is there a way to fix this? if not i am taking the header out...i can't stand the noise.

integr8
04-26-2002, 01:11 PM
On 2002-04-26 03:16, IntegGirlRacer wrote:
i just out my header on my car and now my exhaust is rattling like crazy...its driving me nuts...the only thing we can think of is the O2 sensor is hitting the axel...what can i do? shorten the exhaust some how? is there a way to fix this? if not i am taking the header out...i can't stand the noise.

Eh...sensors...who needs em? :grin:

That sucks. I guess first Id make sure the headers on there nice and tight. Is is a two peice? I guess I would put it on ramps and run it to try to find exhactly whats rattling. I wouldnt know what to tell you if its the sensor...cant think of a way to move that. Maybe some longer hangers to lower the exhaust a little but Im not sure if that might be enough to pull the sensor down far enough?? Did you put the stock heat shield back on? Maybe its that? Dunno...good luck.

integr8
04-26-2002, 01:15 PM
Just thought of this Lisa. If it is the sensor Im guessing a good shop could fill in or weld over the sensor hole and tap a new one maybe a little more to the side or angled or farther up/down on the header or something so you can still use the sensor but basically move it away from the axle or whatever it might be hitting. Shouldnt be too hard to do. Just an idea?

BlackAc
04-26-2002, 09:45 PM
Integr8 -How did you take off the heat shields and has it caused any problems inside the cabin? Mine are rattling like a bitch and it is pissing me off.

aSiaN Type R
04-27-2002, 12:31 AM
:razz:

aSiaN Type R
04-27-2002, 12:32 AM
:smile: :grin: :cool: :oops: :roll: :lol: :cry:

95 teg se
04-27-2002, 12:56 AM
Yeah is there an easy way of taking the heat shield off, because I'm going to take mine off whenever my lazy ass decides to get underneth my car again.