PDA

View Full Version : can ya drop a type r motor into a LS,GSR, Ect



CYBEREAGLE19
04-23-2002, 07:47 PM
ok what motor is in tha integra type r, Also can you drop this into any other integra, where can you find this onile

purcivic98
04-23-2002, 07:49 PM
yeah, but why. just turbo it if its gsr or if it ls vtec and turbo it.

EkHatch97
04-23-2002, 08:02 PM
Ok ok lemme tell both of u The motor inside of a INTEGRA TYPE R is a TYPE R motor(B18C5)kind of obvious dont ya think..and yes u can drop a TYPE R motor inside any other INTEGRA...and a LS INTEGRA PURCIVIC98 does not come wit LS VTEC it is just a DOHC motor it comes wit NO VTEC.... in order to make it VTEC u have to put a VTEC HEAD on the BLOCK..theres no point of making LS VTEC unless u are loaded wit cash cause LS VTEC is monster matience and will fuck up if not built correctly..the best motor i think to get is the INTEGRA GSR motor (B18C1)cause its easier i think to turbo..TYPE R motors can turbo but u have to change the compression etc etc and all this other shit...u can find these motors on http://www.hondamotorsonline.com but if u are looking for a MOTOR CYBEREAGLE i say get the GSR motor cause those motors are good any u can do alot wit them...if u are lookin to make a ALL MOTOR car i say get the TYPE R motor and build that up...

631 Teggy
04-23-2002, 08:38 PM
To answer your question yes you can easily swap a B18c5 ... but don't, if you wan't a teg engine like the other kid said, go b18c1, responds to modifications better...

Or you can go all out and drop an h22 in there... Then you'll get respect

purcivic98
04-23-2002, 09:43 PM
lol EK tell me im in the process of owning a teg r you dont have to tell me anything, you can believe me or not but its no lie.

92TypeR
04-23-2002, 11:26 PM
answers: B18c5 is the motor code (b18c-R in japan) and yes it will fit.

but you will be looking at a price of around $5,500 for the Type-R motor. Unless you want to start an all-motor project car, it is pointless to spend the extra 2 grand on it. For around $3,300 you can get a GSR motor (B18c1) and use that as either an all-motor base or forced induction.

IF you wish to go the forced induction route, the LS motor responds a lot better to boost because of its lower compression. On any DOHC VTEC motor you will need to get forged pistons if you wish to boost high, otherwise power gains won't be extremely huge as compared to lower compression DOHC non-VTEC motors.

The reason I would say get the GSR motor is because it is right in the middle. It isn't an all-motor beast, but can be made into one, and it responds better to boost than the Type-R motor...plus it is about 2g's cheaper.

Bunta_Fujiwara
04-24-2002, 02:51 AM
On 2002-04-23 20:38, 631 Teggy wrote:
To answer your question yes you can easily swap a B18c5 ... but don't, if you wan't a teg engine like the other kid said, go b18c1, responds to modifications better...

Or you can go all out and drop an h22 in there... Then you'll get respect



everyone on this board seems to think an h22 swap is as easy as a b series swap...just keep in mind that an h22 takes some mods to install.

g2teg
04-24-2002, 02:29 PM
On 2002-04-23 23:26, 92TypeR wrote:
IF you wish to go the forced induction route, the LS motor responds a lot better to boost because of its lower compression. On any DOHC VTEC motor you will need to get forged pistons if you wish to boost high, otherwise power gains won't be extremely huge as compared to lower compression DOHC non-VTEC motors.




THANK YOU...i don't know how many times i've had to say this in these forums. ppl always just say "get a b18c & turbo it!!"....sounds nice, but not as practical as they think. if you're content with low boost and don't mind rebuilding for more (boost), then go for it.....but why not boost an ls motor higher and spend the rebuild money on extras?

Toda Party
04-24-2002, 02:36 PM
I have a Honda Odyessey Motor in my integra

i run 9s

Free Calendar
04-24-2002, 05:52 PM

Free Calendar
04-24-2002, 05:52 PM
you runs 9's eh? that i would like to see being that the block on the ody's is only .2 liters bigger than the GSR block 1.8 ? i have the Ls-Vtec setup and i am on the verge of 13's... please tell me how you hit 9's ?

CRiSP
04-24-2002, 10:15 PM
On 2002-04-24 17:52, Free Calendar wrote:
you runs 9's eh? that i would like to see being that the block on the ody's is only .2 liters bigger than the GSR block 1.8 ? i have the Ls-Vtec setup and i am on the verge of 13's... please tell me how you hit 9's ?


I know toda...let just say his key to success is in the neighborhood of 10,000rpms. hell they dont call him today party for nutten.... :wink:

g2teg
04-24-2002, 11:23 PM

g2teg
04-24-2002, 11:23 PM

g2teg
04-24-2002, 11:23 PM

Bunta_Fujiwara
04-25-2002, 02:27 AM
On 2002-04-24 17:52, Free Calendar wrote:
you runs 9's eh? that i would like to see being that the block on the ody's is only .2 liters bigger than the GSR block 1.8 ? i have the Ls-Vtec setup and i am on the verge of 13's... please tell me how you hit 9's ?


DUDE!!! It's a JOKE!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: geezus! Are you that dense?!!!!

210RACING_TECHNOLOGY
04-25-2002, 02:40 AM
i am in the process of a h22a swap. it is a shitload of money. the only reason i dont go with a gsr is cause im getting a good deal on the h22.im getting it for 1700 its a 95 with 53k. miles on it.when i went to buy the motor mounts..they were 650.00!!! i was in a state of shock.and i think it's too cramped in the engine bay..i might take out a/c.

92TypeR
04-25-2002, 02:42 AM
On 2002-04-24 17:52, Free Calendar wrote:
you runs 9's eh? that i would like to see being that the block on the ody's is only .2 liters bigger than the GSR block 1.8 ? i have the Ls-Vtec setup and i am on the verge of 13's... please tell me how you hit 9's ?


actually, the odyssey's engine is a 3.5 liter SOHC VTEC, with very low (for honda) 8.5:1 compression (i believe you are thinking of a CRV motor (b20)). And it was a joke. And you should learn about some of the people (especially the mods) so you can pick up on the 'key' sarcasm that occurs so frequently.

92TypeR
04-25-2002, 02:48 AM
The reason >I< would never recommend an H22 swap is because it takes away from the driveability of the car SEVERELY. If you think that the normal integra suffers from some understeer, try handling a 75/25 weight distributed H22 integra, not fun, trust me. The ONLY thing that an H22 swap is good for is a straight line car, which isn't the 'real' purpose of a honda race car, if you ask me.

There is nothing wrong with an H22 swap into any honda, as long as you realize that there are HUGE weight problems when you try to take a corner. I would moreso recommend a B16 if you are short on cash instead of a H22.

one_hurt_tsi
04-25-2002, 11:20 AM

one_hurt_tsi
04-25-2002, 11:21 AM
if its an ls dont swap shit throw a turbo kit on it and call it a day off the bat u got the torque and the lower compretion so u should be able to run at least 7-8 pounds rite off the bat throw some new rods pistons thicker head gasket ect ect and lsd on it u will have a real good runnin car :grin:

one_hurt_tsi
04-26-2002, 03:11 AM
un less ur lookin to do an all motor car then i would do a gsr the head on a gsr is the same as on a type-r, the only difference is the cams

Bunta_Fujiwara
04-26-2002, 03:20 AM
On 2002-04-26 03:11, one_hurt_tsi wrote:
un less ur lookin to do an all motor car then i would do a gsr the head on a gsr is the same as on a type-r, the only difference is the cams



uhhh...no....the heads are totally different. Different motion assembly, intake manifold, totally different. The Type R head is the younger better brother of the b16 head.

El Jefe
04-26-2002, 05:20 AM
On 2002-04-24 14:29, g2teg wrote:


On 2002-04-23 23:26, 92TypeR wrote:
IF you wish to go the forced induction route, the LS motor responds a lot better to boost because of its lower compression. On any DOHC VTEC motor you will need to get forged pistons if you wish to boost high, otherwise power gains won't be extremely huge as compared to lower compression DOHC non-VTEC motors.




THANK YOU...i don't know how many times i've had to say this in these forums. ppl always just say "get a b18c & turbo it!!"....sounds nice, but not as practical as they think. if you're content with low boost and don't mind rebuilding for more (boost), then go for it.....but why not boost an ls motor higher and spend the rebuild money on extras?


ok lower compression means you can boost more right..but if you have a higher compression engine, you dont need as much boost to have the same amount of power as a lower compression engine with more boost.

ultimately, either engine needs a rebuild to take more boost.

for example GSR motor: (im just making these numbers up)
compression = 10 boost = 6psi = 200hp

LS motor
compression - 7 boost = 9psi = 200hp

so yes, you can boost more in a lower compression engine, but you are still achieving the same power as a higher compression engine running less boost.