PDA

View Full Version : WORST DRIVERS IN CANADA!!!!!

euro
11-10-2002, 05:53 PM
edmonton has the worst drivers in canada :o . toronto and montreal r right behind us. saw it on the news a couple days ago. discuss

Roadside Prophet
11-10-2002, 07:49 PM
ontario also has the best driving accident and that shit in north america i THINK

anyways, its good. they're thinking about raising our speed limits

Anonymous
11-10-2002, 11:36 PM
meh

Fast4Life
11-11-2002, 05:17 PM
Thats bullshit, now all the insurane companies are raising there rates. Over 3g's just for a shitty car

lude_boy93
11-11-2002, 07:20 PM
But honestly guys. If you're from Edmotnon, you can't dispute that fact. They're ALOT of bad drivers in our city. It snows here every year, yet they're are a shit load of accidents when it does. Did we forget that snow and ice are slippery?? Slow the phuck down, keep alot of distance between you and other vehicles. It's not rocket science we're dealing with here. It always amazes me to see these ppl in their 4 x 4 's just tearing shit up on icy roads. Sure you can start off faster, but you can't stop any faster. And simple things like signalling. What is so hard about that?? I think they're are more ppl who don't signal as opposed to those who do. The result of all these ppl...my damn insurance rates sky rocketing. The insurance on my truck went from $800 to $1200 in the span of a year. WTF??? I have no accidents or no claims. Sorry for the long post.

Anonymous
11-11-2002, 11:36 PM
But honestly guys. If you're from Edmotnon, you can't dispute that fact. They're ALOT of bad drivers in our city. It snows here every year, yet they're are a shit load of accidents when it does. Did we forget that snow and ice are slippery?? Slow the phuck down, keep alot of distance between you and other vehicles. It's not rocket science we're dealing with here. It always amazes me to see these ppl in their 4 x 4 's just tearing shit up on icy roads. Sure you can start off faster, but you can't stop any faster. And simple things like signalling. What is so hard about that?? I think they're are more ppl who don't signal as opposed to those who do. The result of all these ppl...my damn insurance rates sky rocketing. The insurance on my truck went from $800 to $1200 in the span of a year. WTF??? I have no accidents or no claims. Sorry for the long post.

oh god no, not 1200 dollars. that's just soooo much for insurance. young ppl get worked more by insurance. its not the insurance companies fault either. eg. Co-operators insurance company is not taking any more clients because they're losing too much money from bullshit insurance claims. Other insurance companies are going to follow.

Harry
11-12-2002, 03:01 AM
Other than the insurance industry, who else can discriminate on peoples age and sex, as well as make the disclosure of personal information, ie; driving record, a prerequisite to signing up? Not to mention their right to increase your premium if you end up using the very product you're buying. A claim isn't really a claim, it's more like a loan. When you need to make a claim, basically you ask the insurance if you can borrow the money. Then you pay back what you borrowed in the form of increased rates. The only difference is the payments on this loan never end. Fuck them really. They're only complaining now that they had to dish it out after 9/11. It wasn't long ago they were posting record profits from raping us all.

lude_boy93
11-12-2002, 08:33 PM

oh god no, not 1200 dollars. that's just soooo much for insurance. young ppl get worked more by insurance. its not the insurance companies fault either. eg. Co-operators insurance company is not taking any more clients because they're losing too much money from bullshit insurance claims. Other insurance companies are going to follow.

That is tooo much for me. I've been driving accident and claims free for 11 years now. Why should I then pay an increase in rates????

Harry
11-13-2002, 02:32 AM
Everybody got a bump in rates after 9/11, especially property. Among the worst hit were tow truck drivers, so I hear.

Anonymous
11-13-2002, 06:48 PM

That is tooo much for me. I've been driving accident and claims free for 11 years now. Why should I then pay an increase in rates????

that does seem like a lot for 11 years of driving, but I'm paying 3200 and i'm 17. :x shit happens but u gotta fork up if u wanna drive, it's worth it for sure. :)

lude_boy93
11-13-2002, 07:43 PM
:o , $3200!?!?! Is that PLPD or full coverage? What do you drive?? That's mad insurance bro. when I was 17, I was paying about $1300 PLPD to insure a 1982 Mazda GLC :D .

Harry
11-13-2002, 10:47 PM

So you're what 27? 28 years old?, you should have a 7 star rating from your company. What are you paying on your 93 prelude? Shouldn't be that much. When I got my car I shopped around and got quotes from 3200 to 1200 a year. Coincidentally the 1200 was from the broker I was already with so I went with that. Shop around, the differences are huge! The craziest one was from Bell Aire insurance. Not only the most expensive but they also wouldn't give me a deductible any lower than 1000 bucks. At 1000 bucks I could get the 1200 below a grand for sure! And they're always on the radio going on about how much money you would save with them, so call for a free quote blah blah... :lol:

lude_boy93
11-14-2002, 08:24 AM
I just turned 27.On the 'Lude I pay $1236 annually for full coverage. My rates went up abit ( as compared to my truck which is under commercial insurance ). I've been w/ the same insurance co now for 11 years. I did shop around @ one point, but the co's I called couldn't match the rates I was paying @ the time. My rates were falling after I turned 25, then they started to climb again..... :nodno:

Harry
11-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Still, that's what I'm paying on a 2000. But I did hear that insurance is crazy out west. My friend lives in alberta and he pays a lot more there than in ontario for the same car. He says it has something to do with all the broken windshields and animals on the roads. :-?

lude_boy93
11-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Yeah, and we gotta watch out for wheels that may fall of the chuck wagons, grazing cattle, stampeding horses, gun fights at the corner saloon and all that crazy stuff. :lol: :lol: , you make it sound like we're living in the wild west here my friend. YEE HAW!!! :D

Harry
11-14-2002, 06:28 PM
:lol: Well is it not true that rocks tend to fall on your car from the mountains, bears and deer and things run out on the road? That's what I was told anyway.

lude_boy93
11-14-2002, 08:59 PM
:nodno: :D , it gets worse and worse. Personally, I've never experienced any of those things you mentioned, but, I can see it happening around Jasper, Banff. Not too many mountains or bears in Edmonton though. But since you brought it to my attention, I'll have to be on high alert now. :bigwink:

euro
11-14-2002, 10:16 PM
shit younger ppl cant even afford cars cause of insurance. wtf u need insurance 2 drive ur car....i think its a huge conspiracy with the gov to get more money out of us :x :x

Harry
11-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Well my friend's in calgary so maybe that's why. But as far as the western scene, yeah, that's pretty much the stereotype that exists over here.

the Zar
11-15-2002, 08:13 PM
shit, im 16 and my insurance is $2300 but thats just because i got a good quote b4 the rates went up i should be paying $2700 and thats w/o collision :o :o . btw i drive a 94 nissan hardbody

ridedirt
11-15-2002, 09:45 PM
today the zamboni driver at the arena got sideways :colglma:

Anonymous
11-16-2002, 02:13 AM
:o , $3200!?!?! Is that PLPD or full coverage? What do you drive?? That's mad insurance bro. when I was 17, I was paying about $1300 PLPD to insure a 1982 Mazda GLC :D .

3200 for this:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/peecd7f73c5469ab237345348ef51d9aa/fd4d5396.jpg

VJUICE
11-20-2002, 10:46 AM
2000 civic SI (r) and they wanted 550 to 650 a month.

i told em to fuckem sleves.

drp
12-08-2002, 05:52 PM
I don't know how bad it is in Edmonton, i have never driven myself in the city, and i saw that news thing, Winnipeg is one of the safest cities, but we just started the red light, speeding camera things here. 5000 tickets so far, and 4000 going out in the mail right away! I an claim at least 3 of those, they are just warnings rightr now too. but dam!!!!!!!

Anonymous
12-29-2002, 06:58 PM
hey guy i need some help

im 16
i took young drvers driving school and am going to place my car under my parents name:

can u tell me which will be cheaper?
89 Honda CRX DX
94 FOrd Mustang 3.8 V6

just wonderring what i should be expecting to pay for these cars in ontario
thanx

Harry
12-29-2002, 09:33 PM
hey guy i need some help

im 16
i took young drvers driving school and am going to place my car under my parents name:

can u tell me which will be cheaper?
89 Honda CRX DX
94 FOrd Mustang 3.8 V6

just wonderring what i should be expecting to pay for these cars in ontario
thanx

Depends, how many cars do you already have in your household? And, are you living with both of your parents?

And "561 childs dr", tell me that's not your home address. :o

Anonymous
12-29-2002, 09:38 PM
lol ya its my address anyways...

my parents are divorced i live with my mom and she drives a 2002 ford escape and shes a 6star driver hope this helps

later

Harry
12-29-2002, 10:29 PM
lol ya its my address anyways... :roll_eye:

Anyway, most insurance companies allow only 1 vehicle per parent to be listed under the parents name IF they driving aged kids, because if a 2 parent household has 3 cars, and one of the kids drives, then they automatically assume it's for the kid and they charge under that kids name, ie; a lot!
My guess is assuming you can get it under your moms name you will pay more for the mustang. The crx's only flaw is that it's a 2 seater. Otherwise the mustang is 5 years newer, has a bigger engine, and is also a 2 door sports car. Expect to pay 700 a year for the crx and slightly more, 800 for the mustang, that's my best guess.