PDA

View Full Version : Integra rebuild questions........

mbryant56
04-23-2002, 03:14 AM
I need some opinions from you Integra people. I found a 96 Integra with a salvage title for 2,000. It doesn't say what model it is. The car has been hit in the front and looks like it wouldn't be to bad to have repaired (looks can be deceiveing on wrecks). My question is should I go for it, and if I do what is the best possible engine to swap in???? Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

mbryant56
04-23-2002, 03:15 AM
One more thing, anybody know any rough estimates and what parts to make it run 12's or 13's. I want it fast, hence buying a wrecked one to start on. Thanks

one_hurt_tsi
04-23-2002, 05:37 AM
i would go with a gsr turbo. u can swap a b18 with a turbo kit, msd, my rods, piston,crank,sleve the motor, block gaurd, and thicker head gasket, u should also get go bigger injector 440' should be ok run either honda tec or afc for fuel, oh yeah throw the fuel rails in it just to be safe. that and some tires u should go easy 11's if not faster

tegboy
04-24-2002, 11:00 PM
On 2002-04-23 05:37, one_hurt_tsi wrote:
i would go with a gsr turbo. u can swap a b18 with a turbo kit, msd, my rods, piston,crank,sleve the motor, block gaurd, and thicker head gasket, u should also get go bigger injector 440' should be ok run either honda tec or afc for fuel, oh yeah throw the fuel rails in it just to be safe. that and some tires u should go easy 11's if not faster

good luck :lol:

NoTec
04-24-2002, 11:28 PM

NoTec
04-24-2002, 11:28 PM
leave it alone.

one_hurt_tsi
04-25-2002, 11:25 AM
why u say good luck u make it sound like it's all that hard to throw that together, yeah it might cost some money but if ur gonna build a car u might as well do it rite. my friend a got a turbo gsr that shit is crazy and i had an all motor ls so i know what u can and cant do to an ac it would be worth it for him to do it.

adrockstg
04-25-2002, 12:14 PM
My questions are, what body panels where hit, did you pop the hood to look for structural damage, and is there any damage to the wheel?

I got into a little accident a few months back at about 7 or 8 mph. It didn't look that bad, it was front end damage. Turns out there was a lot more structural damage than I thought. It would have cost at least 2500 to fix, but my buddy did it for 1100.

Just be sure you know for sure how extensive that damage is before you buy.

mbryant56
04-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info one_hurt_tsi, I am seriously gonna look into it. The chasis and frame are still straight, I haven't seen under the hood yet, but the guy at the lot said it needed new front bumper, radiator, passenger side fender, etc. But according to him it is an "easy" fixer. I am just trying to get a little advice before goin and making final descision. Thanks everyone
:grin:

one_hurt_tsi
04-26-2002, 03:04 AM
no prob, if thats all that is wrong with the car then u should be able to fixin it should be pretty cheap, and good luck u should have fun with te car i had alot of fun with mine :grin: