PDA

View Full Version : aem installation

96gsr
04-22-2002, 04:51 PM
I bought an aem full cold air and a by-pass valve today. IT will be here wednesday and I was wondering if anyone has put them on themselves. I have put on a short air intake, but never full cold air. Is there anything to watch out or problems that have been encountered, or do the directions with it do a pretty good job? Thanks in advance.

210RACING_TECHNOLOGY
04-22-2002, 04:59 PM
u should'nt encounter any problems...i mean i didnt...so u shouldnt either

631 Teggy
04-22-2002, 06:03 PM
Very easy... The hardest part is removing the fender and removing all the intricate stock air box tubes, and seperate boxes... Not so much as hard, but there is a fucking lot of shit under that fender... Oh and the dirctions say, put on the filter before placing intake into place... Don't, it won't fit... You gatta lay under the car after you install the metal part and do it there... You also have to take off the right front wheel... Easy install

Edit: Filter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 631 Teggy on 2002-04-22 18:04 ]</font>

NoTec
04-22-2002, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure about removing a "fender" but most people take off the splash guard. An intake is an intake. I havent seen one that was difficult to install.

631 Teggy
04-22-2002, 07:54 PM
My bad, having one of those moments.. I meant the splash guard...

Quad-Damage
04-23-2002, 01:45 AM
Just Raise the front of the car with a 2 ton or more jack, and make sure you work when it's not raining, it's alot easyer that way, just remove the splash guard and take your old intake off, make sure you blot the new one in tight or else it will move. I took me about 2 hours to put it in, but i didn't know what i was doing but it still worked out, Also make sure you tighten all the clamps very tight. You will Love ur new intake im sure of it.

adrockstg
04-25-2002, 04:33 PM
It helps to pull the tire off for more room to work.
Make sure when you're done to reconect the sensor. I sat there for like an hour wondering why the engine light was on after the installation. After I while I noticed that I forgot to reconnect it. Boy I felt stupid. :lol:

Deceitful
04-27-2002, 12:53 PM
It only took me 1 1/2 hours to install this mutha! I took the front bumper off. Much easier and more room than taking off the wheel (may fuck up your alignment, careful). The only part I had trouble with is putting the rubber part into the intake manifold, it took me 15 minutes! DAMN!!! I hope you got yourself a bypass. you'll need it someday or should I say somerain. The only thing that sucks about the bypass (from what I've heard) you lose a small amount of hp. It's a great product though, you will love it. shoot i did :grin:

cypherGS-R
11-15-2002, 05:29 PM
It took me about an hour and a half. It went pretty smooth no big problems or anything of that sort just a little time consuming, but believe me it pays off in the end. The car just sounds so beautiful when your hittin it. let me know how you like yours

S2-Raw
11-15-2002, 06:29 PM
Very easy... The hardest part is removing the fender and removing all the intricate stock air box tubes, and seperate boxes... Not so much as hard, but there is a fucking lot of shit under that fender... Oh and the dirctions say, put on the filter before placing intake into place... Don't, it won't fit... You gatta lay under the car after you install the metal part and do it there... You also have to take off the right front wheel... Easy install

You're a Geek!
Why the hell did you take off your fender AND your wheel? :lol:

Edit: Oh, you meant the splash gaurd. But dude you still took off your wheel? :-?

I don't remove anything and It takes me about 20 min tops to put on my AEM CAI. But I've taken it on and off so many times it's not even funny.

fleasme428
11-15-2002, 07:55 PM
u will get it and go shit this mother fucker is not going to fit but it will u just have use some thinking skills and the hardest part for me was cutitng my intake i just paid 200 for and hopeing i cut it right and didnt ruin it but is fucking worth it

epy
11-16-2002, 04:58 AM
I owe Nameless and 92TypeR for the install on mine ;)

It's all about the safeway parking lot install :D

BTW @ 3.5k rpm it sounds nice.

LSkid
11-16-2002, 04:42 PM
may i make a suggestion to block off your throttle body with masking tape...you dont want any slivers of metal in there by accident to fuckin blow a hole through your head