PDA

View Full Version : LS V-TEC SETUP

tegboy
04-22-2002, 11:53 AM
im looking into getting a gsr head on my ls block. does anybody know what exactly ill need? ecu? oil pump to compensate for the higher oil flow of the gsr head? and will typr r cams just drop right in there sinceit is already a v-tec head or are any other mods needed? this is the first time ive thought about actually doing this and its just because i was going to buy a new ls head and leave it out of my car until it was completely built up but then i said "hey what about a gsr head?' so please post all info and experiences with the ls v-tec conversion.thanks

Bunta_Fujiwara
04-22-2002, 09:01 PM
On 2002-04-22 11:53, tegboy wrote:
im looking into getting a gsr head on my ls block. does anybody know what exactly ill need? ecu? oil pump to compensate for the higher oil flow of the gsr head? and will typr r cams just drop right in there sinceit is already a v-tec head or are any other mods needed? this is the first time ive thought about actually doing this and its just because i was going to buy a new ls head and leave it out of my car until it was completely built up but then i said "hey what about a gsr head?' so please post all info and experiences with the ls v-tec conversion.thanks

you need a b series vtec ecu that is compatible with that head of course. you also have to plumb an oil line into your non-vtec block. my friend has an ls/vtec setup in his DA and its been going strong for 2 years.

tegboy
04-22-2002, 11:21 PM
sounds good. thats what i figured. i didnt know about the whole drilling of the block thing though. ill have to look into that a bit more. did your friend notice any signifigant power gains with the addition of the gsr head? is it worth the trouble? i have heard good and bad

CRiSP
04-23-2002, 12:10 AM
http://www.hondahookup.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=369&forum=2&0

TegBoarder
04-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Take it to a shop and have them do it for you, then, after you buy what I'm about to list, your shop guy can tell you what else to get depending on what future plans are ie. FI, NA, and whatever. Right now I'm looking for a GS-R Head, harness and ECU. Ideally I want to get all that plus the intake manifold and headers. I'm also considering getting a fuel controller/vtec ecu instead of the ecu from the donor car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TegBoarder on 2002-04-23 19:06 ]</font>