PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust cap?

OsirisCa02
03-25-2002, 02:44 AM
One day I asked a friend of mine why does your car sound like it has a new exhaust on it he said he opened his cap?
Can some tell me or show a website on how to open my exhaust cap? I want my car to sound like that until June, thats when I get my Greddy Evo.

Logan
03-25-2002, 02:54 AM
just gut your cat if u want it to be loud. :lol:

JDMRicePolice
03-25-2002, 03:02 AM
Illegal if you modify it. Plus its a waste of gas. Just go out and buy a recordable cd and record a loud exhaust sound then play it.

Why do you want a loud exhaust? So you can be cool?

Logan
03-25-2002, 03:10 AM
On 2002-03-25 03:02, JDMTypeR.RICERS SUCK wrote:
Illegal if you modify it. Plus its a waste of gas. Just go out and buy a recordable cd and record a loud exhaust sound then play it.

i so saw this coming, i think i know your old name....haha

epy
03-25-2002, 06:48 AM
On 2002-03-25 03:02, JDMTypeR.RICERS SUCK wrote:

ahahha

integr8
03-25-2002, 04:26 PM
Shit man, I dont know why youd just want to make your exhaust louder. Loud exhausts arent "cool". Noise is just the byproduct of a well flowing exhaust...not to be used as a desperate attempt to get you laid by crusin through the WallMart parking lot with holes punched in your stock muffler revin to get the ladies attention and shit.

Believe me, you dont want to make any more noise than you have to. I just got nailed for my greddy EVO because its "modified and produces a sound louder than stock". Damn this state. Now I gotta waste money custom fitting a temporary crappass muffler just to get out of it. Sons oh bitches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: integr8 on 2002-03-25 16:27 ]</font>

JDMRicePolice
03-25-2002, 04:42 PM
On 2002-03-25 16:26, integr8 wrote:
Shit man, I dont know why youd just want to make your exhaust louder. Loud exhausts arent "cool". Noise is just the byproduct of a well flowing exhaust...not to be used as a desperate attempt to get you laid by crusin through the WallMart parking lot with holes punched in your stock muffler revin to get the ladies attention and shit.

Believe me, you dont want to make any more noise than you have to. I just got nailed for my greddy EVO because its "modified and produces a sound louder than stock". Damn this state. Now I gotta waste money custom fitting a temporary crappass muffler just to get out of it. Sons oh bitches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: integr8 on 2002-03-25 16:27 ]</font>

What is the legal limit on sound for your state? What was your DM (is it called Decimeter? I know its deci something) for your exhaust?

S2-Raw
03-25-2002, 05:33 PM
If you want sound so bad why don't you just disconnect your muffler? Otherwise, don't be Ghetto and do it the right way. :lol:

Deceitful
03-25-2002, 06:33 PM
What is the legal limit on sound for your state? What was your DM (is it called Decimeter? I know its deci something) for your exhaust?
[/quote]

Decibles?

Toda Party
03-25-2002, 06:42 PM
yes decibel.

fucking A, Transformers. Optimus prime dying = saddest moment of my childhood

venomous
03-25-2002, 07:15 PM
On 2002-03-25 02:44, OsirisCa02 wrote:
One day I asked a friend of mine why does your car sound like it has a new exhaust on it he said he opened his cap?
Can some tell me or show a website on how to open my exhaust cap? I want my car to sound like that until June, thats when I get my Greddy Evo.

It sounds like all you want isa loud exhaust, I just wanted to warn you that the Greddy EVO isnt loud at all. Compared to the MX ad SP, the EVO is pretty quiet. Just a heads up.

Nameless
03-25-2002, 11:07 PM
If you do it, you will be pulled over right after a cop hears it..and theirs your ticket. You wont even be able to count the amount of people who will flip you off and laugh at you while you're driving. Including me... :oops:

tegboy
03-26-2002, 03:55 PM
ok why the fuck do you want a loud exhaust? seriously---its not cool. ive gotten 3 tickets for my exhaust and ive been trying everything to make it quiet. like stated earlier, its a byproduct of a good exhaust. if you want to be retarded just get a fucking coffee can out of your pantry
and duct tape it to your exhaust. then all the ladies will be chasin you. good luck fag! :lol:

integr8
03-26-2002, 04:34 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

There is no standard deciable limit in Wisconsin. Thats what screwed me over...I assumed we had a nice standard (most states use a 95 decible limit I think). My EVO is under 95db. What got me was the law here is written by retards and only genericaly states "no exhaust can be modified to produce a sound louder that stock" and thats it. That means that if you take a stock civic that has say...a 30db stock exhaust...and you put on a mild aftermarket exhaust that makes...lets say 45db, its illegal because its "louder". Even though a stock mustang 5.0 with duals might make 70db...THATS perfectly legal. Fucking legislative morons! And get this, they cant test it, cant prove it, and have no idea what the actual decible level on a stock car is. All I ask for are some fair standards!

On the upside I had a polite debate with the cop for like half an hour and rather than chance it in court I got a couple extra weeks to find a $20 muffler and weld a flange on it to "temporarily" stick that on and loose the ticket. Ive already written to SEMA too...this shits gotta go.

integra1637
03-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Dude dont be so ghetto with your exhaust you think ur hot shit just cuz ur car is loud naw ur hot shit when ur car is hot with a hot gurl in it with no ghetto rigz

97TegGSR
03-15-2003, 01:36 AM
hehe very low standard or noise laws here, and 0 emissions. I could run open exhause daily!

Anonymous
03-15-2003, 11:55 AM
:lol:

bump x 100

92blackteg
03-15-2003, 12:30 PM
i always thought the evo was 50 state legal meaning sound wise ...and also about taking off your muffler my friends 89 240 his muffler was rusty n rotted threw it fell off and he had to drive home from school without a muffler and let me tell you it was extremly loud and nasty....

Deceitful
03-16-2003, 12:30 PM
someone must've been really bored and bumped this... almost a year old

epy
03-17-2003, 01:52 AM
wooh blast from the past right here