PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket computer chips

92blackteg
03-24-2002, 08:41 PM
im lookin 4 an after market computer chip and i want to know wut company makes good ones ...i found a neuspeed chip but i dunno if they r good ...hit me bac if u kno ne good ones give me ideas

clrkh23a1
03-24-2002, 10:12 PM
actually you want a ecu upgrade..just get online and search: ecu upgrades..should be no problem to have it done.

ex. gude.com-hondata.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: clrkh23a1 on 2002-03-24 22:13 ]</font>

92blackteg
03-24-2002, 10:16 PM
ight good lookin

quicksilver
03-24-2002, 10:27 PM
i wouldn't recommend doing anything to ur ECU until you have some decent mods. sure, plugging in a VAFC or SAFC will give you some extra HP if tuned right, but spend your money elsewhere.

92blackteg
03-24-2002, 11:34 PM
wut wuld u considered decent mods ?

GEN2LSINTEGRA
03-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Just depends on what you plain to mod on your car. When you get a chip they want to know if it is stock or if it has mods so that they can tune it into the chip so that it will make it performe better. Normaly if you get a chip sometimes you can have it sent to the manufactures and they will do and upgrade on the mods for your can but it will cost you with some companys that you buy the chip from.

koatic
03-25-2002, 01:02 PM
there are only certain things that a modded chip can do for your car which a piggy back computer like the V-afc can also do..

1. remove the rev limiter
2. remove the top speed governor
3. change your air/fuel mixture

these three things can also be accomplished with the V-afc..
most people chip ecu's because of an engine swap like mine..
94 dx with ODB1 wiring.
I bought 98 JDM ITR ODB2 engine..
instead of the headache of rewiring we chipped a sohc p28 ecu to work with the dohc ITR and put and OBD1 distributor on..

Besides you can't chip an OBD2 ecu. so to accomplish the formention three tasks a piggy back ECU is needed on all 96+ models or buy a chip from mugen or such..

92TypeR
03-25-2002, 01:57 PM
There is a company that is starting to enter the import scene, they have been doing WRC computers for the last 8 years and are now starting to expand. I have one on the supra and it is a little hard to mess with, but the owner of the dynojet knew how so he took care of it. The company is UniChip, it is based out of South Africa. But for most applications it is about $500 for a fully programable 'piggy back' computer. It can controll anything electrical, and afr, and they are working on an independent timing computer that works along side the main unit.

Right now however, the AEM is a stand alone system, which is great, except its over $1,200 from everywhere i've seen it. HonData makes custom setups. And Blitz and Greddy both have one that is still in the process of working glitches out of, but the Greddy is available, and the Blitz should be out by June.

I am trying to rep for UniChip so if you are interested e-mail me and i'll give you more info... [email protected]