PDA

View Full Version : 2008 HHU Award: Video Game Junkie

jdmaccord
12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
So who stays awake until 5am staring at the xbox/ps3/virginsieglerwii?

Novikane
12-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Vote for me. I am the video game junkie.
Why:
I run 6 game servers across multiple gaming platforms (1 CS:S server hit rank 18 on game-monitor in its span).

I got 51/51 achievements in Left4Dead within the first week.

I still have and wear (to the gym) the HL2 t-shirt that I got the day the collector's edition came out. If I'm not playing, I'm typically sitting here doing server work.

I have absolutely no life because of my knee problems, thus computer gaming and related things fill the void where there was once activity and real life hobby.

I'm co-leader of a multi-national clan that started in 1999 on Rogue Spear.

My first online multiplayer gaming experience: Mechwarrior 2.. in 1996. Addiction ensued.

And the final reason: After reading this you must realize how pathetic my existence is. That said, you should (as an act of charity) vote for me.

Punisher11
12-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Vote for me. I am the video game junkie.
Why:
I run 6 game servers across multiple gaming platforms (1 CS:S server hit rank 18 on game-monitor in its span).

I got 51/51 achievements in Left4Dead within the first week.

I still have and wear (to the gym) the HL2 t-shirt that I got the day the collector's edition came out. If I'm not playing, I'm typically sitting here doing server work.

I have absolutely no life because of my knee problems, thus computer gaming and related things fill the void where there was once activity and real life hobby.

I'm co-leader of a multi-national clan that started in 1999 on Rogue Spear.

My first online multiplayer gaming experience: Mechwarrior 2.. in 1996. Addiction ensued.

And the final reason: After reading this you must realize how pathetic my existence is. That said, you should (as an act of charity) vote for me.

:lol::lol::lol:

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-13-2008, 03:24 PM
seems like only pc stuff :lol:

and damn i forgot about rogue spear. that game was good but i aborted it in favor of CS.

Novikane
12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
seems like only pc stuff :lol:

Indeed. I prefer more competitive games. Also, knowing I could never aim on a console like I do with a mouse is what keeps me playing PC games.

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-13-2008, 04:38 PM
there are more genres than FPS :lol:

Novikane
12-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Meh, I never got into MMOs or anything. Except for Shot-Online, and even then at level 80 something I got bored of the game.

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-13-2008, 04:50 PM
RTS, Driving, Sports, Music, Action/Adventure

bigd_609
12-13-2008, 04:53 PM
the funny thing is that I probably play more video games than all the people on HHU combined.

GVB109
12-13-2008, 04:55 PM
the funny thing is that I probably play more video games than all the people on HHU combined.

:lol: Im right there with you. Do any of these guys even play games...wtf

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-13-2008, 04:56 PM
i dont think my ps3 has turned off in a few weeks if not a month :lol:

nah but i usually play all during the week and during weekend days. esp during the winter.

i know i spend waaay too much fucking money on video game shit.

bigd_609
12-13-2008, 04:56 PM
:lol: Im right there with you

lol remember when I would blast HALO 2 on my surround system. shit was fun. maybe not for you but awesome for me.

bigd_609
12-13-2008, 04:58 PM
i dont think my ps3 has turned off in a few weeks if not a month :lol:

nah but i usually play all during the week and during weekend days. esp during the winter.

i know i spend waaay too much fucking money on video game shit.

see if im not on my 360 playing Halo, COD, forza or GOW I'm on my PS3 playing Socom if not on that im playing starcraft or age of empires on my computers/ and i do all this while i be a tard on HHU.

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
yea im currently ripping through gtaiv again trying to whore some trophies :lol:

bigd_609
12-13-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm wooping some nubs on starcraft

Stealth
12-13-2008, 11:11 PM
lol remember when I would blast HALO 2 on my surround system. shit was fun. maybe not for you but awesome for me.

surround sound was a must.

That shit was such a huge advantage over people.

I'd love that i could hear people behind me and such.

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-14-2008, 12:43 AM
for me it was necessary in cs. esp when you're finding people my footsteps

Novikane
12-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Surround for that? Pfft. It's all about the headset there.

FknTkn
12-15-2008, 10:31 AM
stef.

nuklear
12-17-2008, 10:59 PM
:lol: Im right there with you. Do any of these guys even play games...wtf

:lol::lol: i hope your kidding me.

Was raiding illidan / archimonde 4 nights a week for months before guilds were in tk
cal - i cs clan back in the day
failed grade 11 due to swg
I multibox in wow
diablo II consumed me throughout HS pretty much lol
i own 11 total wow accounts

not even counting the countless hours spent into every game imaginable that was worth playing since like 90'

I am the alpha nerd :yelcool:

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
:lol: @ that ****** saying we dont play games

GVB109
12-19-2008, 10:07 PM
:lol: @ that ****** saying we dont play games

Do they, and they dont, arnt the same :roll: Was just a simple question that was answered ^^ up theres

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Do they, and they dont, arnt the same :roll: Was just a simple question that was answered ^^ up theres

:lol:

bigd_609
12-20-2008, 01:46 AM
:lol::lol: i hope your kidding me.

Was raiding illidan / archimonde 4 nights a week for months before guilds were in tk
cal - i cs clan back in the day
failed grade 11 due to swg
I multibox in wow
diablo II consumed me throughout HS pretty much lol
i own 11 total wow accounts

not even counting the countless hours spent into every game imaginable that was worth playing since like 90'

I am the alpha nerd :yelcool:

thats weak.

bigd_609
12-20-2008, 01:46 AM
and the sad thing is its true. that list is so weak compared to the hours I spend playing.

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-20-2008, 11:51 AM
and the sad thing is its true. that list is so weak compared to the hours I spend playing.

its mostly MMO's :uhoh: :lol:

i gave up MMO's on everquest. wasted waaaay too much time to realize there is no fucking point to spending that much time on a game. especially when im not getting paid to play it.

nuklear
12-22-2008, 11:39 AM
its mostly MMO's :uhoh: :lol:

i gave up MMO's on everquest. wasted waaaay too much time to realize there is no fucking point to spending that much time on a game. especially when im not getting paid to play it.

yea because video games in general are not a time sink :lol: do you actually feel productive playing your ps3?

and bigd, what would you consider intense, I still drop more than 40hrs a week into video games ATLEAST while holding a full time job and going to school full time. The only way I could possibly play more is if there were more hours in the day

not to mention im prbably the only video game nerd you know who can bench 375 and will eat your saved games for protein

sorry but I still have never met anyone as hardcore as me and I challenge anyone to prove it, sure my XBL score isnt the greatest, but when I have 160DAYS played on one character in wow, that justifies me as the alpha nerd, not to mention having more than 1 character

Name any game for any system that has been worth playing in the passed 10years and I have played it

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-22-2008, 12:11 PM
yea because video games in general are not a time sink :lol: do you actually feel productive playing your ps3?

and bigd, what would you consider intense, I still drop more than 40hrs a week into video games ATLEAST while holding a full time job and going to school full time. The only way I could possibly play more is if there were more hours in the day

not to mention im prbably the only video game nerd you know who can bench 375 and will eat your saved games for protein

sorry but I still have never met anyone as hardcore as me and I challenge anyone to prove it, sure my XBL score isnt the greatest, but when I have 160DAYS played on one character in wow, that justifies me as the alpha nerd, not to mention having more than 1 character

Name any game for any system that has been worth playing in the passed 10years and I have played it

:lol: the trophies on the ps3 keep me motivated so i feel like im accomplishing things. not to mention it levels you up :lol:

lvl5 bitches!!

but seriously i cant even count how many hours ive wasted on games. shit ive only had burnout paradise...a driving game...an arcade driving game for a couple of months and ive put in 73+ hours. dont even get me started on getting 100% on GT2 and 95% on GT3. :lol:

but yea this whole arguing about who is the biggest loser is making me sad.

FknTkn
12-22-2008, 03:31 PM
:lol: the trophies on the ps3 keep me motivated so i feel like im accomplishing things. not to mention it levels you up :lol:

lvl5 bitches!!

but seriously i cant even count how many hours ive wasted on games. shit ive only had burnout paradise...a driving game...an arcade driving game for a couple of months and ive put in 73+ hours. dont even get me started on getting 100% on GT2 and 95% on GT3. :lol:

you'll always be a winner in my eyes, you big hunk of spaghetti and meatballs you.

bigd_609
12-22-2008, 04:03 PM

lol yes you are probably the only true gamer that can bench 375. I will let you win this argument because this is making us all look like super nerds. I will say this tho I can almost guarantee that my playtime is way more than yours.

bigd_609
12-22-2008, 04:04 PM

lvl5 bitches!!

the truth

XGRaViSmOrSX
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
you'll always be a winner in my eyes, you big hunk of spaghetti and meatballs you.

i miss playing mario 3 and resident evil 2 with you :cry: