PDA

View Full Version : Headlight moisture?

Jisecup
03-24-2002, 06:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their headlights on a 94+ integra? and how to possibly fix it with out buying a new headlight?

quicksilver
03-24-2002, 07:06 PM
never had that prob but you could probably take your front bumper off to expose the whole assembly. then look for the leak and seal it with silicone or something.

Nameless
03-24-2002, 11:52 PM
I JUST got this problem in my left headlight yesterday. I took it to the gas station, pulled out the bulb, and sprayed compressed air into the bulb hole. Too bad it didnt work because the damnair compressor didnt have hardly any compression..but it did take my 50 cents. Cheap POS.

JDMRicePolice
03-25-2002, 03:23 AM
Most of the time, when condinsation appears in your headlight unit you are fucked. Its really hard to get it out. It either means you have a crack or leak somewhere and its very hard to find it because it can be microscopic. Even if you dry it out, it will most likly come back.

I suggest you go and buy a new headlight piece.

epy
03-25-2002, 06:47 AM
how much does a headlight peice cost??

92TypeR
03-25-2002, 02:05 PM
either buy a new headlight piece, or take the piece out, separate the glass lense from the back housing. To do this, heat your oven to about 350 and set the headlight piece in their for about 4 minutes, this loosens the sealent from around the outside lense. Now go in their and clean it up, and look for cracks in the lense, if there is a crack, you should just buy a new piece, otherwise just reseal it with strong silicon sealant. Process takes about 2 hours from start to finish, the sealant usually takes 45min to fully dry, so after that you just plop it back in and hope it works.

Deceitful
03-25-2002, 03:54 PM
I recently had this kind of problem when it started raining. I think the 3rd gen Integra have these problems. I hated it a lot. It helps if you park your car downhill. What I did to get rid of this mess is drill a little hole in my headlight just right on the front bottom where the water collects. It took a few days before everything faded. Then it rained again after a few days and there it was again, but this time it went away quicker.

I'm not telling you to do this McGyver Stunt, I'm just letting you know what I did to mine. :smile:

Jisecup
03-25-2002, 05:14 PM
i think im just gonna take it off and see if i can put some soapy water on the outside of it and compress air thru and then when bubbles apear i will know where the leak is correct? :???:

JDMRicePolice
03-25-2002, 05:38 PM
I would just say buy a new headlamp piece. They are not that expensive. By the time you figure out where the tiny crack is, take the time to fix it, relize its not fixed yet and repeat like 10 times. THen you will understand you should of just got a new headlamp piece.

NOINTEGReddy
04-04-2002, 01:58 AM
Good thing its not the JDM ITR HID headlamp. :lol:

Anonymous
04-04-2002, 02:04 AM
On 2002-03-24 23:52, Nameless wrote:
I JUST got this problem in my left headlight yesterday. I took it to the gas station, pulled out the bulb, and sprayed compressed air into the bulb hole. Too bad it didnt work because the damnair compressor didnt have hardly any compression..but it did take my 50 cents. Cheap POS.
youre the cheap POS :roll:
./uploads/mysideview.jpg

Nameless
04-04-2002, 06:17 PM
I like it when you follow me around just to get attention from me. You are a fucking queer and no one likes you. Stop doing it or someone will ban your faggot ass. Dont think that the mods dont know about you already.

And do you know that they are NOT just for tires? If you knew one fucking thing about anything it should be that. Look at the compressor next time and notice it has a handle. You can squeeze the handle to get air. Otherwise, they would have just put a tire tip on it. God you are ghey.

sa21197
04-10-2002, 06:10 AM
i just took out my headlight dumped out the water and put it back on. I havent had any problems since

95 teg se
04-10-2002, 02:27 PM
I had moisture in my headlight at one time, taking the headlight assembly apart isn't easy trust me. The way that I was able to get the moisture out was to simply heat it, with a hairdyer and then let it sit without the headlights in until it cools and repeat the process until all the moisture is gone. I did this about 8 monthes ago and have not had it come back yet, probably because the dumbass that I bought the car from left one of the lightbulbs out.

sa21197
04-10-2002, 03:26 PM
yea taking out the headlight is kind of a bitch. You will need an impact screwdriver thingy to get that thin metal piece on top of the front bumper off.

lsintegra96
04-11-2002, 01:03 AM
I have the same problem with my 96 ls. The cheapest place I could find replacements is asylumms.com and they are $240.00 there. If anybody knows of a place cheaper please let me know.

epy
04-11-2002, 04:43 AM
On 2002-04-04 18:17, Nameless wrote:
I like it when you follow me around just to get attention from me. You are a fucking queer and no one likes you. Stop doing it or someone will ban your faggot ass. Dont think that the mods dont know about you already.

And do you know that they are NOT just for tires? If you knew one fucking thing about anything it should be that. Look at the compressor next time and notice it has a handle. You can squeeze the handle to get air. Otherwise, they would have just put a tire tip on it. God you are ghey.

who are you talking too?