PDA

View Full Version : synchros-what to do what to do...

tegboy
04-07-2002, 11:25 PM
well as we all know synchros go bad. and mine are doing just that. im sorta pissed too since i just got tranny work done like a month ago when i got a stage 3 clutchmasters clutch and clutchmasters flywheel put in (both are very nice by the way) but anyway...i dnt know what to do. i think its almost cheaper to go to the junkyard to get a full tranny for a few hundred dollars than it will be to just replace the synchros. although right now its only going into third and i just started noticing the problem friday night on the way home from racing. im just curious if anyone has had this problem before and if so what did they do. for now i think im going to use some different gear oil just to mask the nasty "gnawwwk!" noise it makes going into third. double clutching makes it a bit better too. any other suggestions?

tec missin
04-09-2002, 01:06 AM
You sure you didn't just kill the clutch? I thought i blew out my tranny but it was just the clutch that went. I didn't know a clutch could shatter like that. :grin:

tegboy
04-09-2002, 04:43 PM
i just replaced the clutch about a month ago. and if it were the clutch it would be sorta stuttering and pulling me forward in first gear with it down. but no the clutch works fine. im sure its the synchro between 2nd and 3rd. thats the only place it grinds. but i think im just going to look into getting an ITR tranny or just a gsr tranny and putting a L.S.D. on it while its out. :wink:

REDTURBOTEG
04-11-2002, 02:57 PM
REDLINE makes this stuff called sycroshift try it. It wont fix your problem but unless it is really bad it will get rid of the grinding your hearing for awhile. Its really just buying you time. Eventually if you keep racing you will lose third all together.