PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever visit the atlantic provinces??

Harry
08-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Ok, I've friggin' had it. I'm trying to arrange like a 1 week holiday somewhere in eastern canada, due to my lastminuteness, it's all I'm able to pull off. But where to go? PEI? Newfoundland? nova scotia? Anyone been to those areas? Is it worth it? Everyone says it's so goddamn beatiful..bla bla bla, but I dunno. Is it really? Apparently there are nice beaches. Big deal, that's all I need, a nice looking beach that's too damn cold to go in. I have like 1 day to decide here, if anyone has any suggestions please advise!! I'm will to drive up to around 15ish hours from ottawa. :-?

KingBaba
08-02-2002, 01:26 PM
Nova Scotia. Goto Liverpool and hit up the tracks or just cruise around. Peggy's Cove is always a good place to chill with a few friends.

I live in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Come get rid of some the shitty ass cars I see around here, lol!! It's been pretty damn hot here the past few days, too! 24-28 degrees Celsius.

Roadside Prophet
08-02-2002, 01:44 PM
its a good idea......... i guess..... i went last summer with my parents

not bad, but you can have more fun elsewhere

Chaos_Silver_Civic
08-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Heyy BABA, WHatsup man. Come to Halifax and smoke some shit cars around here like what baba said, and pretty much what baba said is acurate.

TheOne
08-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Nova Scotia Is Awsome Man Great Place To Visit And Live In Too. :nod:
Althought I Never Been To Many Other Places Only NewFoundLand Nothing Special There, Boring Place Ok Sites Tho

KingBaba
08-05-2002, 11:13 AM
Heyy BABA, WHatsup man. Come to Halifax and smoke some shit cars around here like what baba said, and pretty much what baba said is acurate.

Wtf is up with your avatar dude? LOL!!! Panzy ass spiderman...

Harry
08-08-2002, 12:54 PM
It's official, nova scotia it is. I'm not crazy about it though, however I plan on making a noticeable dent in their lobster supply. :nod:

Harry
08-29-2002, 10:05 AM
Update. (kind of long sorry :uhoh: ) Read if bored. :D

So I'm back from my trip to the atlantic provinces. Ehhhhhh, it was ok...but ahhh....it was alright I guess. Went to Nova Scotia, then went through New Brunswick in order to get to Prince Edward Island. Took the Confederation Bridge, that thing is like 10km or something!! Then took a ferry back to Halifax NS, flew there and back. Not a bad week but I won't be doing that again. Next time I'ma gonna go for some sun I thinks. In case you're looking to go, here are some points of observation.

Nova Scotia.
Pros.
Nice scenery. Lots of forest. Peggys Cove is nice. Nice view of ocean. 110kph speed limit on main highways.
Halifax is a busy little city, lot's of character. Seemed like a party town, lot's of tourists, hot chicks, surprisingly. Ok food. Dartmouth borders it. Why isn't it just one city?
Cons.
After 1 day scenery was absorbed fully. 2nd day, had enough of the place. 4th day, had to leave before becoming unstable and violent. Time to head to PEI even though not part of the plan.
Roads are ridiculous. The ENTIRE province except for hwy 102(?) is made up of nothing but twists and turns. The limit is 90kph. I defy you to maintain 90 for more than 5 minutes. Put it in cruise at 100 and in 5 minutes you will be dead. Gas...brake turn. Turn brake gas. Brake turn turn gas brake. That's how it is everywhere. I paid attention to this. I don't think there is a single stretch in the whole province where one could top speed their car. Driving becomes very torturous, and anywhere you want to go is a minimum 45 minute drive. Great you say. Twists and turns are fun. Yeah except for one thing. The roads are so crappy that you're constantly going over bumps from all the patching and potholes. Take a fast corner in a stiff sports car and you'll skip right off the road. Luckily I rented a Lincoln town car. Felt nothing. Sit back in the hugeass lazyboy leather arm chairs and take comfort in the knowledge that should anything short of a T- Rex jump out of the woods, you only need apply the wipers to clear the carcass's remains off the windsheild as you try to tune in a good station.
The ocean is nice but there are no beaches. It tends to be more of an abrupt switch from jagged countyside to water. The water was not very inviting either. Too cold to swim, august here, and seemed very dark and smelled bad too. Not normal saltwater aroma. Wierd.
Nova Scotia seemed to be a province in poverty. The great majority of the houses there were drab and old. Very poor look to them. Old yellow, old red, old green pale colours of siding, all simple homes. Just some nice homes in the nicer areas but few and far in between.

P E I.
Pros.
Overall a much nicer province than Nova scotia. Beautiful scenery. Absolutely picturesque, and I'm not usually into that.
Charlottetown is comparable to Halifax but somehow more lively and entertaining. Go up to Cavendish and you will see some of the nicest ocean view with red cliffs hanging over the beaches. The ground tends to have a lot of red pigmentation in it in PEI. Some roads are red as well . The whole place looked very nice. PEI seemed to be in much better shape than NS, richer province it seems.
Real straight roads.
Cons.
Things get old quick.
Water is too cold to swim. It smells extra fishy too.
Their sales tax/gst is 18%!!
Oh yeah, don't expect any great deals on lobsters. Maybe if you buy them in bulk I don't know, but all the restaurants charge from 23 to 27$ per pound. Cheaper in ontario and they're just as alive before being cooked.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, I just call'em as I see'em. :)