PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd try at a body kit please give me opinions...

PiRo
07-22-2002, 01:32 AM
I know color doesn't match but i just tried to see how it looks. just use ur imagination....
http://67.82.52.85:8080/bodykitpreludecivickit.jpg

Shocon2k
07-22-2002, 02:01 AM
Looks pretty good...here are my suggestions...

--The front end is silver whereas the car is black...now I know you said it was intentional, but in the future if you want to match colors, try desaturating the bumper and then playing with contrast/brightness and color balance until you get it close, then blur the seams smoothly

--The front bumper angle is a little off...www.wingswest.com has a great source of body kit pictures from the most common angles and the pics are fairly large and high res, so you can use them for most any chop...I tend to borrow side skirts and front ends from other cars to make hybrid chops using the WW site

--The wheels are a little funny looking. Use the HHU member rides section photo album to find a good large pic of some decent looking wheels, the larger the pic and the higher the resolution, the better...save a variety of wheels to your hard drive for later use, and try to get wheels that have brake disks behind em cuz that looks sweet

--What's the deal with the hood? Is that the way the original picture was...or did you add that weird reflection? It looks a little odd, you might want to replace that hood with a carbon fiber effect piece...can't go wrong with CF hoods you know

Hope all my constructive criticism helps you on your way to better chopping! :)

turbogirl
07-22-2002, 09:49 AM
looks good :)

Anonymous
07-22-2002, 10:02 AM
Thanx all! :D

PiRo
07-22-2002, 10:03 AM
THANX ALL lol .. i was on guest...

avus///M3
07-22-2002, 10:06 AM

--The front end is silver whereas the car is black...now I know you said it was intentional, but in the future if you want to match colors, try desaturating the bumper and then playing with contrast/brightness and color balance until you get it close, then blur the seams smoothly

none of that would work, desaturating would do nothing, brightness/contrast would make it look worse, and why would you use color balance to make something look black?

looking at the bumper, there is so much glare on that silver that it would be nearly impossible to make it match the clean black on the body, so you need to adjust the body to the bumper, select the whole car and desaturate it, then seperately select the front bumper again and go to IMAGE < ADJUSTMENTS < CURVES.........play around with the line curve in there until the glare is gone from the bumper and it looks somewhat like the rest of the car, then desaturate the whole car again, then color balance.....here' something i did really really quick

http://images.geekazoids.net/bodykitpreludecivickit.psd.jpg

PiRo
07-22-2002, 10:17 AM
:cry: :cry:
how come i can't be as good as j00 civic :( o well.. i'll keep trying thanx for da tips!

boostd
07-22-2002, 10:25 AM
good go for a first attempt... shocon2k my bro sed everything there needs to be sed

btw wots with the pic in ya avatar and sig... is it a drawn pic of ur ride or wot?

El Jefe
07-22-2002, 11:44 AM

none of that would work, desaturating would do nothing, brightness/contrast would make it look worse, and why would you use color balance to make something look black?

looking at the bumper, there is so much glare on that silver that it would be nearly impossible to make it match the clean black on the body, so you need to adjust the body to the bumper, select the whole car and desaturate it, then seperately select the front bumper again and go to IMAGE < ADJUSTMENTS < CURVES.........play around with the line curve in there until the glare is gone from the bumper and it looks somewhat like the rest of the car, then desaturate the whole car again, then color balance.....here' something i did really really quick

http://images.geekazoids.net/bodykitpreludecivickit.psd.jpghaha you remembered about curves, anyways why bother changing the colour if the kit isnt on right in the first place? the bumper is pointing downwards. if the perspective isnt right, find a better source pic :)

Shocon2k
07-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Si I said "now I know you said it was intentional, but IN THE FUTURE IF you want to MATCH COLORS, try desaturating the bumper and then playing with contrast/brightness and color balance until you get it close"

I did not say desaturating a silver bumper and playing with brightness would make it black...I said that if in chops to come he wants to match colors that's how he can do it...and there are other ways to get colors to match as well...but there are too many to list.