Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Whats in your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Siegler View Post
    is your video card 'open' or does it have a closed plastic piece on it?
    I suppose you could call my video card open, although it has one hell of a mess of piping on it.

There are a total of four fans dedicated to keeping it cold, two blow the air coming from the 120mm at the front of the case vertically onto the heat pipes, One tiny fan that is on the heatsink itself, and an 80mm exhaust fan that sits directly above the heatpipes that pulls the warm air out of the case.

Got some goodies from black friday, my new system:

AMD 955BE - 3.2ghz, 8megs total cache.
    Asus 4870DK 1gig clocked at 800-core 1200 mem
    MSI 790FX-gd70
    8gigs of OCZ reaper DDR3-1600
    1.5tb WD hdds
    750W raidmax PSU
    Liteon cd burner
    Samsung DVD burner.
    all housed in a Raidmax Smilodon case that holds 11 fans.

My next mod - I want to cut a hole in the roof of the case just above the RAM to vent the hot air out of the top of the case. That is the only area of the case that has no fans.

I may post a benchmark at some point, dont really care about that stuff though.
    "those are gay as fuck." - FknTkn

"Thanks for your input FknTkn." - Kingkodo

"no prob man." - FknTkn

JURO
    Old Bridge, New Jersey/West Virginia University

Might as well add the desktop I bought for my parents, Falcon Northwest

Chassis
    Talon - Standard Black
    Power Supply
    750 Watt Modular
    Motherboard
    P7P55D-E Pro
    Processor
    Core i5 760 2.80GHz
    Processor Cooler
    Liquid Cooling
    Memory
    4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz DDR3
    Video Card
    GeForce GTX 460 (1GB)
    Audio
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
    Networking
    On-Board Ethernet
    Hard Drive
    500GB - 7200RPM - 3GB/s
    Optical Drive
    24x DVD Writer
    Media Reader
    Internal Media Reader
    64-Bit Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium

^ just copped the same motherboard as you, ASUS MoBo's ftw.

building an i7 rig:

ASUS P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tent-_-text-_-

Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor

8 GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM

Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Power Supply

GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card (basic VC, just to get me up n running, will upgrade later)

Internal Card Reader for the 3.5" Bay

also a basic dvd writer and an internal wireless-n card

:p should be done tomorrow

Wing It On

gonna be working on my i7 rig soon. finally time to upgrade my mobo/cpu/ram everything else should be able to carry over. maybe a new case.

you guys and ur silly P55 boards...

i'm thinking about stripping mine down and painting the inside of my full tower. i never see in there but i think red would look dope. one thing is for sure i will always buy full tower cases in the future, or bigger. this is my next big purchase though:

my existing liquid setup isn't really performing as good as i would like, although it is doing the job with a single radiator and isn't even meant for i7

who doesnt buy full tower cases

up until a year ago i was still rocking a mid, which was fine except for the fact i had no place to hide most of my cables. i wanted the 932 but at the time of introduction it was close to $200 i think. it's a great case but not two bills great... still have the mid downstairs which houses my NF7 torrent box build.

JURO
    Old Bridge, New Jersey/West Virginia University

i love liquid cooling, my computers are so much more quiet with them than my old Dell. The alienware I think has the better cooling system and it is more quiet than my falcon northwest. but I like the NVIDIA card in the Falcon Northwest better than the Radeon in the Alienware. Case design goes to Alienware too, the vents are on top of the rig while the falcon northwest has them in the front.

my cooler master case has a huge vent on the top and fill port where i will affix that triple radiator configuration. only problem is that system is close to $300 and i won't spend that much. once it comes down a little bit i'll pick it up and swap those lines with norprene ones. i don't like that acrylic stuff with no anti-kink coils.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    you guys and ur silly P55 boards...
    whats wrong with them?

Wing It On

...they cause video/audio to freeze up

lol j/k. i'm just a fan of X58 because i like to overclock

Finally upgraded my graphics card to a GTX560-Ti Twin Frozr II from MSI.

Holy temps compared to my BFG GTX9800. My GTX at idle would sit at 50c at full fan. This thing sits at the lowest speed setting between 31-34c.

I wanted to keep my 9800 in as a dedicated Phyx card but I'm overly paranoid about the fan flowing all that heat directly down onto the new MSI card (along with the dirt) so I pulled it. I figure if I'm going to put two cards in, may as well save a little money and get another 560-Ti and go SLI. It's also strange that MSI doesn't have a BIOS setting (or obvious one) to switch the primary PCI-E slot which made it a pain to boot.

Onto the specs:

MSI 870A-G54 Mobo
    Phenom x2 II BE 3.2ghz C3 Revision - MSI's mobo was able to unlock the additional 2 cores giving me 4 total. OC'd to 3.4 for now. I picked this specific CPU down to the revision based on the reviews on Newegg that it seemed to have the highest likely-hood, especially when combined with MSI's new line of motherboards to unlock additional cores.
    MSI GTX560-Ti TWII - Small OC to start I hear people getting some crazy clocks off this even on air
    GSkill 8GB DDR3 1333
    Antec earthwatts EA500 500W (Ordered a Cosair 650w when I go SLI)
    Sony DVD Burner
    LG Blu-Ray Burner
    WD and Hitatchi HDs (1T and 160GB) - Need to grab a boot SSD soon
    Samsung SyncMaster 216bw - 21inch Widescreen and free upgrade from my 17inch Sony
    Cooler Master Elite Case Mid Tower
    Logitech Illuminate Keyboard
    Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse
    Logitech G330 Headset
    Logitech Z 313 2.1 Speakers
    Last edited by sfd; 05-28-2011 at 10:17 AM.

COOLER MASTER Elite 430 Mid-Tower Computer Case

Hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Power Supply

ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz

COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

RAID 0 on dual 120GB 7200RPM HDD

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600

LG DVDRW Drive

HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

Connected with dual HDMI 23 in ASUS monitors.

Its not the most powerful or anything, but i dont game or do anything crazy, i use photoshop and things like that....so its an overall good set up for me! it can be overclocked and crap but i dont do any of that at the moment

Guess I should update my new hardware:

Raidmax Smilodon - Case
    AMD 955BE clocked at 3.6ghz - CPU
    WD 1TB 6gb/s - HDD
    8gigs OCZ reaper 1600 - RAM
    MSI 790FX-GD70 - Mobo
    Raidmax Hybrid 730W modular - PSU
    Dual MSI 6850 cyclones in xfire

the video cards are clocked at 860 core and 1250 memory - almost maximum clock speeds. They idle in the low 40s at half fan power and have gotten to 57 at 75% fan power. They score 39996 in MSI's benchmark program.

Also - I am using Scythe fans for the top ventilation and cpu cooler. I will be replacing both the front and rear 120mm fans with Scythe's Ultra Kaze fans as well as replacing the side vent fans with a single 200mm cooler master fan, since both of the 80mm raidmax fans died on me.
    "those are gay as fuck." - FknTkn

"Thanks for your input FknTkn." - Kingkodo

"no prob man." - FknTkn

Quote Originally Posted by KingKodo View Post
    Guess I should update my new hardware:

Raidmax Smilodon - Case
    AMD 955BE clocked at 3.6ghz - CPU
    WD 1TB 6gb/s - HDD
    8gigs OCZ reaper 1600 - RAM
    MSI 790FX-GD70 - Mobo
    Raidmax Hybrid 730W modular - PSU
    Dual MSI 6850 cyclones in xfire

the video cards are clocked at 860 core and 1250 memory - almost maximum clock speeds. They idle in the low 40s at half fan power and have gotten to 57 at 75% fan power. They score 39996 in MSI's benchmark program.
    Are you satisfied with these characteristics?
    Life is the best thing you've ever had...

I'm playing StarCraft II and Diablo II

Default Whats in your computer

It is the true information

the family computer was a Gateway, with a Windows 95 OS.

However, the first computer I personally owned is the one Im using at the moment, an Asus 2700 with Windows Vista OS. 5 years and still going gonna be scrap next year, though, since it probably isnt going to live through another crash- its survived 2 already.

I honestly have no idea what the first computer in my house was. XD My dad had a job as a writer when I was growing up, and he got to keep all of his old computers when the company he worked for got him a new one. I know Ive used a Compaq or two, an e-Machine, a Hewlett-Packard, and at least one Gateway. Im just not sure what order they were in. XD We did have Windows 96, though. XD

As for the first computer Ive ever personally owned, it was a Mac Mini running on OS 10.4 Tiger. XD

Thread Information