Thread: My comp is messed up.......

Default My comp is messed up.......

Ok, this is what is messed up, I was messing around wit the options in quake 3(burned), when my comp just froze. Then a day later it got back to normal but when I tryed to play Starcraft Brood Wars(burned), it just wouldnt load( I would click the cd drive but nothing would pop up) So then I uninstall Brood Wars, Quake 3, and my other burnt games.. Then, my computer wont even install the games and I have been buying original ( ) pc games.. O and btw, I have a original game and it wont run autoplay or something, i click it and then have to click the install button instead of just the cd drive. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :wink:

Hmm, does the cd rom work for anything???

Yup, all original games, but no burned cds(even music cds). I have a cd writer and a regular cd drive and they both dont play the burned cds.

there's nothing wrong with your computer, you just don't know how to use it, apparently.. :o
    I shall on earth be dark and cold.

drew.be

From what you say it sounds like your ROMS are bad. Pretty unlikly that both went out at the same time. Have you downloaded drivers for either RW or CD ROM ? I dubt that will work but its worth a try. New drivers are something you always want.

I'm more intrested in what you were doing in quake3 that you think made your computer crash.

In quake, i was just making the resolution better from like 800x600 to 1000xsomething.. I think its the autoplay but im not sure.

Can you get a game to install by any means?
    '98 Integra GSR LOST
    '97 Integra Type R #357 SOLD
    '95 BMW///M3 CASH WHORE

Quote Originally Posted by ^epy
    Can you get a game to install by any means?
    I told ya man, all original games work!

Make sure your burned cds are not scrashed or have any big gashs in them, burned cds don't hold up as long as real cd's if you use a shitty bran of cd r's. It also sounds like your CD Rom is dieing on you, you might want to get a new one Maby a DVD and CDRW Drive Combo they go for around $100 to $200
    i suck dick for cock faggots. i love it! my mom also sucks dick for coke but only niggga dick

^ agreed
    '98 Integra GSR LOST
    '97 Integra Type R #357 SOLD
    '95 BMW///M3 CASH WHORE

Quote Originally Posted by Quad-Damage
    Make sure your burned cds are not scrashed or have any big gashs in them, burned cds don't hold up as long as real cd's if you use a shitty bran of cd r's. It also sounds like your CD Rom is dieing on you, you might want to get a new one Maby a DVD and CDRW Drive Combo they go for around $100 to $200
    Yah, it happen to my girlfriend

I should charge for my 1337 computer help, anyone want to trade me car parts for computer help
    i suck dick for cock faggots. i love it! my mom also sucks dick for coke but only niggga dick

Thread Information