Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My G- Spot

Default My G- Spot

Green, G forces, Go fast, etc....

Everyone needs a place like this- a quiet, seclueded road, in the middle of nowhere.

Somehow, in the middle of tens of thousands of acres of farm land they managed to preserve a bit of heaven. Most likely because the cliffs were too steep to grow corn on them.

This is where I go to unwind, and wind it out.

A river runs through it. Litereally- and to keep the road near the river there are quite a few blind turns, a few long straights, and no shoulder. Basically, the most perfect road course around.

I went down there today to take a few pics of the teggy partially submerged in water. There is a spot in the road that actually is under the river- it's only about 4" deep at the deepest spot, but would make for very cool car shots if you parked in the middle of the river.

But, when I arrived I found that the recent rain fall had washed a bunch of sediment over the road, and made it much more turbulent and trecherous than it normally is. In this shot you can see the 'low' road- where I was going to snap a few shots, and the bridge above that you can cross in more inclimate weather.

Thwarted from my underwater photography goal, I took a few quick snaps anyway.

Even though I didn't get my water shots, it was worth the drive. There are all kinds of flat, open roads here in Iowa- great for high speed tests. But, finding a tight twisty road in a nature preserve like this is a rarity.

This is where Honda engineering excels- not big expanses of flat nothing, but on little back roads, tight, blind corners, short bursts of speed followed by quick braking and suspension testing.

So I crawled back in, turned the radio off, and let it wind out.

I hope you all have a place like this to let the teggy run in. Without a little exercise every now and then our cars get complacent, pudgy, and spoiled. You need to open it up every so often to remind them of what they were built for.

I love the look of your car. There is a road like that here, but its short, and at night I have to worry about deer so it limits me.

R.I.P Del Sol 10\21\06

Default Re: My G- Spot

Quote Originally Posted by "Doc
    I can only find a road like this here in the bay... wooohoooooo! :D
    Your Mom>*

doc, i have a few roads like that also, secluded where no one really ever goes,
    I love just going for a drive in themiddle of the night after and just giving my car the work out, and giving me the fun of hugging corners. Ill see if i cant get some pics sometime im out.

jThat place just kicks ass, i would love to just sit there and chill......dont have many places like that in CALI by the coast

Contributer
    Ft. Bragg, NC / Greensboro, NC / Long Island, NY)

dammit doc, i wanna be you. lolol.

i have this section of road i like to drive, very curvy, blind corners. only prob is is thats it's not that secluded. so sometimes i'll get stuck behind som old person or whatnot. but i'm always looking out for cars and animals. and it takes a little extra skill to stay in your lane the whole time and not cross over so you don't put yourself in danger. but everytime i drive it i push my self harder and go faster. i know what gear and what speed every corner is. and now that i'm used to it it's not as fun anymore since it takes me like 5 minutes now to go down the whole section, where when i first found it it took me like 10.

but anytime someone gives me shit i take them down there and blast them away. they cna't keep up. only person thats's a challenge is my friend who drive an altima and knows those roads as well.
    2003 Mazda Protegé ES-T
    HiBoost Kit - T3/TO4E, 13psi and 626 Intake Mani
    258WHP, 243TQ @ 12 psi
    Cardomain Page

well i just got back from a drive. I read this post, and made a few comments on it, and well it was just buggin me, so i went for a drive myself.

I dont know if its my tires, or low air pressure or what, but it feels like my car is gonna take off when i turn. Like the sidewalls are giving or something.
    205/45/16's with 45psi

But also my question is, my camber is pretty bad, my tires are worn down on the toes and im thinking that since i dont have all tire on the ground is why this may be doing this.

????

Not having all your tire flat to the pavement when you turn + Tires at way to high of a pressure = bad handling charicteristics.

Is that the recommended tire pressure? Most are around 35 psi. I run mine between 31 and 37 depending on my mood. (or the road- which ever is more pressing)

I go to school and live with my gf in RI, my parents live in Fairfield County, CT. Lets just say RI roads SUCK!!! Every road has potholes, pulling into and out of shopping centers requires entering and exiting on an angle to not bottom out, the main roads are 4-lanes and 25-35 mph. When I'm at school, the only time to open up the teg is on the highway But when I go back to CT, my hometown is all empty back roads at night. With only 3 police cars to patrol my large rural town there is a slim chance of getting pulled over if you stay off the main roads.

2005 Subaru WRX STi in Platinum Silver Metallic
    1998 Acura Integra GSR (SOLD)

doc - wouldnt a lower tire pressure let the sidewalls give a little more which would cause the car to slightly drift over?

What part of RI do you visit your GF in?
    I'm from Cumberland. Maybe we can meetup sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Jisecup
    doc - wouldnt a lower tire pressure let the sidewalls give a little more which would cause the car to slightly drift over?
    As might too high of a pressure.

Until you start running REALLY low pressure you don't have to worry about much. When you start getting down around 15 psi you run the danger of rolling the bead off the rim, but you'd almost be driving on a flat by that time.

so what psi would u recomend about 35 or so?

these are some pics from one of the roads i go and drive my teg on. The one i drove today.

Contributer
    Ft. Bragg, NC / Greensboro, NC / Long Island, NY)

yeah when i got new tires i think they inflated it too much. i think it's 44psi cuz isn't that the PSI you seat the tires on the rims at. but yeah they really suck so i gotta go lower the psi and maybe get some traction back.
    2003 Mazda Protegé ES-T
    HiBoost Kit - T3/TO4E, 13psi and 626 Intake Mani
    258WHP, 243TQ @ 12 psi
    Cardomain Page

so what psi would u recomend about 35 or so?
    It will say on the sidewall the recommended tire pressure. Start there and then 'play' with it to find the best grip. I wouldn't recommend going above or below the recommended setting by more than 5 psi for daily use.

sweet stuff although both roads appear asthough theyre high speed and not mid speed with tones of corners... in adelaide here we have whats known as "The Gorge" (Gorge Rd) which is like atleast 100 corners winding around through the hills... you can max prolly 170kph in this before having to really get hard on the breaks... its really tight... no barriers just cliffaces on your left and a big big BIG drop on your right... wikkid stuff to push your car... you really get it running nice and hot and pop massive flames that hold out a good 7-10 seconds... light up the whole area... me and a mate pulled away from the rest fo the pack once and were around the corner alredy and everyone said they still saw flashes of flames even though our cars were around the corner

but nah its fun pushing your car sometimes... we do it as often as we can (every friday nite and then wheneverelse) sometimes go for a quick strap up to mt lofty car park for a pipe or 2 and from the offramp its a good 10mins till the carpark and fun to do almost every nite... chews petrol though

nice area both of you... and nice car doc ;)

Get a piece of chalk and make a mark on your tires on the edge that starts at the tread and wraps down the sidewall. Do it in 3 or 4 evenly placed spots around the tire.

Go to a parking lot and turn your wheel and drive in a constant radius circle, gradually applying power until you start to understeer. Do it in both directions.

Get out and check the chalk, if it is worn off on the sidewall add more air, and if it is not worn down enough take some out.

On Kumho 712's I have found 45 psi in the front and 35 in the rear is just about perfect. There are little grooves on the Kumho's that tell you just where the tire should be rolling to, I dont know about other tires.

Also, your tire pressure will increase about 5-7 psi when it is hot so you don't want to have a 45/35 cold psi because that could result in a 52/42 hot pressure which is probably unsafe for long periods of time.

Running to high a pressure in the rear could make your integra very unforgiving when it comes to braking mid corner especially if you have a swaybar so be careful. An auto-x friend with a stock GSR swaybar and Kumho 712's runs 35/38 (higher in the rear so he can get the back end out when he needs to).

Cheers,
    Roy

ok im gonna be puting my camber kit on within the next week, and i was curious on a few notes.

1. would i need new tires since my tires now are worn from being toed in.
    2. Isnt ther a way to ad washers to the rear in stead of buying a camber kit for the back?

ok im gonna be puting my camber kit on within the next week, and i was curious on a few notes.
    Don't get a camber kit to correct for the fact that your car is to low, get springs that put your correct at a correct height.

Don't hack your suspension with washers, your will effectively be placing undue stress from lenghtening a part that was designed to be a certain length.

Cheers,
    Roy

i didnt get a camber kit to correct my car being low, i got it to correct my camber so i dont have to go thru tires, and more tires.

these are some pics from one of the roads i go and drive my teg on. The one i drove today.
    I love the Ozarks, its so beautiful. My parents have a place on the lake...I go there every summer. Party Cove baby.
    '92 white eh hatch
    '94 teal eh hatch
    '94 Integra

i didnt get a camber kit to correct my car being low, i got it to correct my camber so i dont have to go thru tires, and more tires.
    I believe that if your tires are wearing out early, then your car is to low. How much is your car dropped?

Cheers,
    Roy

whats the stock height on a teg? from like the headlights down or soemthing.... anyone with a stock riding teg, measure, im curious.

and milanoLS, u coming down this summer at all? if u do hit me up, & where u from anywho?

Thread Information